The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

emailed addleshaw goddard about the status of my application since i hadn't heard anything in a while.

42 minutes later i got a rejection lol
Original post by Leenz
Just got a PFO from Cleary Gottlieb... in the mail. Never got any emails from them, though would've thought that a simple email PFO would be easier (and cheaper) than mailing one.

Would you mind sharing when you applied?
Reply 3722
If White & Case have begun to move, it looks like that awaited PFO will soon be arriving.

Has anyone heard anything yet from Gibson Dunn or are they one of those firms that take ages in dealing with applications?
Ropes & Gray phone interview was disastrous. Good luck to anyone else who applied.
Also, I finally got rejected from Cleary Gottlieb - they sent me an actual letter ! Best rejection ever.
Original post by JKRP11
Ropes & Gray phone interview was disastrous. Good luck to anyone else who applied.

Good lord mine is tomorrow, any tips/what not to say? :eek:
Original post by Leenz
Just got a PFO from Cleary Gottlieb... in the mail. Never got any emails from them, though would've thought that a simple email PFO would be easier (and cheaper) than mailing one.

Haha same, I found it so strange.
Original post by noel123
Good lord mine is tomorrow, any tips/what not to say? :eek:

Sad thing was that it wasn't hugely difficult. Very general questions, I was just very unprepared - never had a phone interview before, only ever been face to face, so I guess that threw me slightly. They launched straight in without any chit chat, so just be 100% ready. Only bad thing was they asked me to nominate a commercial story that I had been interested in recently, which I did, and then they were like "What about this story instead"? Which I hadn't prepared for, thought was a bit sneaky.

Just know your ins and outs of basic economics and how the commercial world works. They asked me questions like "What would happen if interest rates went up". Simple, but it threw me as it was out of the blue. Good luck ! Sure you'll be fine, I was just really unprepared, quite embarrassing really. Smash it.
Original post by mjsf
Thanks! Found out about an hour and a half ago via email. Very unexpected, so to anyone who doesn't think theirs went well - there is hope!

Congratulations!! I've been waiting with high hopes since I completed my vid a week ago today. Surprised it was by email, I thought most firms called?
Anyone Squire's yet? Seems like they're leaving it to Thurs/Fri!
Original post by TykeDragon
Congratulations!! I've been waiting with high hopes since I completed my vid a week ago today. Surprised it was by email, I thought most firms called?

I think the fact that W&C base offers on video interviews tells you all you need to know about the time they have for recruiting their vac schemers..
No news from Bird & Bird after they told me I passed the WG benchmark, but it seems people received both good and bad emails today... Going crazy on my inbox REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one!?!?!!!!
Original post by kalipso708
No news from Bird & Bird after they told me I passed the WG benchmark, but it seems people received both good and bad emails today... Going crazy on my inbox REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one!?!?!!!!

Not the only one, I'm still waiting too! Don't worry:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JKRP11
Sad thing was that it wasn't hugely difficult. Very general questions, I was just very unprepared - never had a phone interview before, only ever been face to face, so I guess that threw me slightly. They launched straight in without any chit chat, so just be 100% ready. Only bad thing was they asked me to nominate a commercial story that I had been interested in recently, which I did, and then they were like "What about this story instead"? Which I hadn't prepared for, thought was a bit sneaky.

Just know your ins and outs of basic economics and how the commercial world works. They asked me questions like "What would happen if interest rates went up". Simple, but it threw me as it was out of the blue. Good luck ! Sure you'll be fine, I was just really unprepared, quite embarrassing really. Smash it.

Ah okay, thanks for the heads up! :smile: btw for future phone interviews, you can have notes lying around for a quick peek when you are stuck!
I emailed Macfarlanes to find out about my application. Expecting a PFO any minute now
Reply 3735
Original post by sports007
Not the only one, I'm still waiting too! Don't worry:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep - I'm waiting too. This happened with the WG responses too - I only got mine about six hours after the first ones heard, so I assume it will be the same this time round. Good luck all!
Reply 3736
Original post by twizzzzzzter
Anyone Squire's yet? Seems like they're leaving it to Thurs/Fri!

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they have an AC for Squires Manchester. What office did you apply for? I still haven't heard anything!
Reply 3737
Also been invited to a bird & bird interview. My internet is awful unfortunately, skype tends to drop calls every 5mins or so.
Original post by zooly1
Yep - I'm waiting too. This happened with the WG responses too - I only got mine about six hours after the first ones heard, so I assume it will be the same this time round. Good luck all!

Oh ok then.. it's already 7 PM so I think we might only hear from them tomorrow at this point? Sweet dreams everybody haha!
Original post by TooOldForTC
Well I can take Bristows off the list - that went terribly!

Hi i have an interview with Bristows this week. May I ask what went so terribly and are the questions mostly competency based?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending