The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
So pathetic.

You know, you don't have to cheer a team on every time a game is being played. I want neither team to win, so I will be cheering neither on, and whatever outcome happens, I will be annoyed.

Work-rate, form, and increased sense of defensive duties.

dont really think I have ever watched a game without atleast having a bias for one team..

Would just be improbable for me to dislike two teams entirely equally.

In this case, I dislike chelsea* more then spurs.. so inevitably during the match, I will be happier when they do well, and want, even if only slightly, them to win

*jose
Original post by fallen_acorns
dont really think I have ever watched a game without atleast having a bias for one team..

Would just be improbable for me to dislike two teams entirely equally.

In this case, I dislike chelsea* more then spurs.. so inevitably during the match, I will be happier when they do well, and want, even if only slightly, them to win

*jose

I dislike Chelsea more than Spurs, but I dislike the Spurs fans I know more than the Chelsea fans I know, so no bias here.
all very cringe

Will be wierd cheering on spurs in a cup final.. but I really would rather them win then chelsea.

Nothing would please me more then seeing jose go another season without a trophy.. and hopefully wenger picking up the FA cup again..

that said, they will probably go and do a treble now with the CL, and we will be spanked out of the FA cup by united..

Nah I doubt Chelsea will get to the final of the CL this year and there's even a chance they won't make the semi's (inb4 some one see's this as a dig)
At the start of the season we all thought their squad would be capable of doing so but after their recent performances I'm starting to have doubts. Their attacking play has seemed to "lack" which will be a problem. If they park the bus you still see the likes of Barca Real or Bayern etc scoring where as you can't say Chelsea's attack is anywhere as lethal as those named.

The league cup is genuinely irrelevant. Would rather Chelsea win it instead of Spurs fan starting to celebrate like it's the Premier league and release a book or so.
I'd rather Chelsea win the final. Chelsea fans don't really care about the League Cup they just want to win it for winning sake they're unlikely to reference it as a significant moment in the season or their history. Spurs fans on the other hand will milk it for all the little it's worth for years.
Also why do prefer Welbeck over Theo? We were screaming for a player like Theo during the first half of the season when we lacked a clinical finisher (bar Sanchez) and as much as Welbeck puts a shift in defensively and with his link up, he didn't bring the goals in after countless amounts of chances created for him. Admittedly Theo has looked rusty but his scoring rate is by far much better than Welbecks?
Original post by AR_95
Also why do prefer Welbeck over Theo? We were screaming for a player like Theo during the first half of the season when we lacked a clinical finisher (bar Sanchez) and as much as Welbeck puts a shift in defensively and with his link up, he didn't bring the goals in after countless amounts of chances created for him. Admittedly Theo has looked rusty but his scoring rate is by far much better than Welbecks?

No point starting Theo yet. Yes, he scores goals, but almost every other area of his play is lacking. It was highlighted in the Spurs game, when there was an inch-perfect pass played to him as he was on the break. Pre-injury Theo would have taken it and scored, whereas current Theo just miscontrolled it and back-heeled it to a Spurs defender. His awareness and ability to make runs is why he is currently our best impact player, but his game isn't rounded enough to justify his inclusion over Welbeck in the starting lineup.
you would rather chelsea win?

Either way its a loose-loose game.. but id rather spurs pick it up, win as the underdog, then it becomes just another notch in joses belt

As someone on AFTV said, "I'd support ISIS over Spurs".
Original post by Stalin
As someone on AFTV said, "I'd support ISIS over Spurs".

That's just ****ing stupid even as a joke

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just going to leave this here...

Just thought I would make a post for old times sake.
Can't believe it's 2015.
So pumped for tonight!
Original post by sevchenko
I'd rather Chelsea win the final. Chelsea fans don't really care about the League Cup they just want to win it for winning sake they're unlikely to reference it as a significant moment in the season or their history. Spurs fans on the other hand will milk it for all the little it's worth for years.

Agreed :yep:
Arsenal should be comfortable over both legs. I think you will win by 2 goals, goals from midfield.

p.s what's with the Wenger cut out in the programme? It seems a bit silly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
The league cup is genuinely irrelevant. Would rather Chelsea win it instead of Spurs fan starting to celebrate like it's the Premier league and release a book or so.

Arsenal have won 1 trophy in the last 10 seasons (the same number as Spurs), I don't see why you're turning your nose up at it?

It's hardly the Premier or Champions League but a trophy is a trophy.
#Arsenal team to play @AS_Monaco: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Coquelin, Cazorla, Sanchez, Ozil, Welbeck, Giroud

#Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Gabriel, Monreal, Chambers, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott #AFCvMON
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Arsenal have won 1 trophy in the last 10 seasons (the same number as Spurs), I don't see why you're turning your nose up at it?

It's hardly the Premier or Champions League but a trophy is a trophy.

Trophy is a trophy that's not the issue. The issue is how much which club celebrates it to an extent
Original post by Peggles_*
#Arsenal team to play @AS_Monaco: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Coquelin, Cazorla, Sanchez, Ozil, Welbeck, Giroud

#Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Gabriel, Monreal, Chambers, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott #AFCvMON

Mesut in the middle :smile:

Expecting big things from him :smile:

Gibbo back in the team as well, no Flamini on the bench as well :smile:
Original post by angelfox
Mesut in the middle :smile:

Expecting big things from him :smile:

Gibbo back in the team as well, no Flamini on the bench as well :smile:

A fit Debuchy and Walcott for Welbz and that is probably our strongest team.

Excited for this one, hope we don't flop!
Original post by sr90
It gets worse btw.

Jfc. That's so embarrassing.
Original post by Peggles_*
A fit Debuchy and Walcott for Welbz and that is probably our strongest team.

Excited for this one, hope we don't flop!

Dunno, Walcott does not track back. Welbz in the big game is important, his work ethic is sooooo good.

Latest