On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Nursing 2015 firms

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hananna
I sent off my application for adult's nursing on the 14th December and I still haven't heard anything back from Southampton... Would this likely mean that it's a rejection? I'm getting worried :frown:

I sent mine on the 11th December and still nothing! Mine is for child nursing and the child and adult dual course! But I'm so worried too!! :frown:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
I went onto their nursing page on the uni site and it should have an email address on there xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gem**
Hi! I'm applying for child nursing! Have you got any interview tips or anything about what the selection day is like? x

the Southampton selection day was a great experience. a tip would be to make sure that you know the qualities of a nurse, and maybe brush up on some basic maths skills.

also when you arrive make sure to talk to people, its a great way to hear other peoples opinions and will help you throughout the day.
Heya

My interview is Monday, I have read over the NHS Constitution but I have a lot of college work and work full time so havent remembered a lot. Did you get asked a lot about that and the carer leaflet? Also if you dont mind me asking what was it you had to write about in the writing test and group discussion?

Thanks
Original post by bloomfieldl
Heya

My interview is Monday, I have read over the NHS Constitution but I have a lot of college work and work full time so havent remembered a lot. Did you get asked a lot about that and the carer leaflet? Also if you dont mind me asking what was it you had to write about in the writing test and group discussion?

Thanks

They may change the question for your selection day, but mine was based on the 6 C's of Nursing. so just make sure you know them. I know that they change what the topic is for the group discussion so i dont know what that might be.
Hey, I got my offer a couple weeks ago for adult nursing at Southampton and I'm so excited!! :smile:
I live in Brighton so will be applying to stay in halls, not sure where will be best though. What are your plans in regards to accommodation?x
Heya. When was your interview? Mine was Monday just gone and I just want to know now! Want a place so so so bad! I will be staying at home as I live in Soton x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bloomfieldl
Heya. When was your interview? Mine was Monday just gone and I just want to know now! Want a place so so so bad! I will be staying at home as I live in Soton x

Posted from TSR Mobile

My interview was about a month ago, they say to give about 3 weeks.
Best of luck!
Original post by M-Lily-Rose
Hey, I got my offer a couple weeks ago for adult nursing at Southampton and I'm so excited!! :smile:
I live in Brighton so will be applying to stay in halls, not sure where will be best though. What are your plans in regards to accommodation?x

Hey I'm adult too :smile:

I've applied for Mayflower (1st and 2nd) and City Gateway (3rd)

I really want Mayflower as while I like the idea of being close to the uni/hospital, actually being in so much, I think it'd be nice to live in the city, and it's literally 2 mins away from Asda, so no worries about forgetting the essentials haha!
Original post by cherrytrueman95
Hey I'm adult too :smile:

I've applied for Mayflower (1st and 2nd) and City Gateway (3rd)

I really want Mayflower as while I like the idea of being close to the uni/hospital, actually being in so much, I think it'd be nice to live in the city, and it's literally 2 mins away from Asda, so no worries about forgetting the essentials haha!

Hiya! Cingratulations for getting on the course

Yeah I really like the look of mayflower to, my only doubt would be the noise level as it is quite close to the City centre and we're going to be doing really unsociable hours with placement. Haha yes very true and asda is super cheap.

Are you going to the welcome day in the 31st March?
Original post by M-Lily-Rose
Hiya! Cingratulations for getting on the course

Yeah I really like the look of mayflower to, my only doubt would be the noise level as it is quite close to the City centre and we're going to be doing really unsociable hours with placement. Haha yes very true and asda is super cheap.

Are you going to the welcome day in the 31st March?

You too
True, but once I'm asleep very little wakes me. Haha
Very exciting tho xx
Reply 51
Just wondering if anyone is going to the Welcome day on the 31st of March?? I've got offer for the adult and child dual field, has anyone else? :smile:
Original post by Hisaac
Just wondering if anyone is going to the Welcome day on the 31st of March?? I've got offer for the adult and child dual field, has anyone else? :smile:

Me x (adult)
Reply 53
Original post by Hisaac

I'm going to the Welcome Day! :smile: Well done on your offer! I have an offer for the adult & mental health dual field :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by JKempton
I'm going to the Welcome Day! :smile: Well done on your offer! I have an offer for the adult & mental health dual field :smile:

Oh cool, well done too! xx
Hello!
I've just firmed southhampton for 2015 start!
I was just wondering how you guys knew about the Welcome Day in March! I really want to visit again and see more of the city and uni, as my interview day was such a rush as I live 3 1/2 hours away!! I will therefore be applying for halls accomodation!
Everyone is talking about welcome day.. Does it's means that if i haven't yet heard back from Southampton. it is not looking good .. or the uni is still considering my application. Soo confused! :frown:
Original post by bless1994
Everyone is talking about welcome day.. Does it's means that if i haven't yet heard back from Southampton. it is not looking good .. or the uni is still considering my application. Soo confused! :frown:

When did you have your interview/selection day? I'm sure you will hear soon!!
Original post by rebeccapanderson
When did you have your interview/selection day? I'm sure you will hear soon!!

I haven't been invited to a selection day or an interview as of yet. Sent my application off on December 19th. I am worried now.
Email them and ask :-) that's what I did and turned out I missed their email! Have you applied to anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending