The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grownupfrog
The wait is so frustrating!

I attended FSAC for HR on Monday and I'm already feeling so wound up about checking the website for updates. So far it still says 'awaiting event', so I know I still have some time to go before I hear anything back.

The FSAC wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected and I found quite a few sections frankly quite easy - did anyone else feel that way?

I went on the 26th Jan and am tired of waiting. There is meant to be another band narrowing at the end of Feb so I'm hoping for either a yes or no in the next couple of days. Knowing my luck I won't find out until the end of March band narrowing. At least you had your FSAC near a narrowing date.
Original post by jo131278
I went on the 26th Jan and am tired of waiting. There is meant to be another band narrowing at the end of Feb so I'm hoping for either a yes or no in the next couple of days. Knowing my luck I won't find out until the end of March band narrowing. At least you had your FSAC near a narrowing date.

Oh dear! Yeah, I know I was lucky having at this time in the month.

I know I performed fairly well on the day, but there is just no way of knowing what they saw in you or what scores they gave you, so unlike some job applications where you can get a fairly good idea of the outcome on the day, I don't have the slightest clue whether I did well enough.
So, all my employment checks have now been completed. What happens now? Wait until I get posting?!
Reply 2263
Has anybody been invited to the FSB for the Communications Service yet? I found out that I passed the FSAC weeks and weeks ago, but I still haven't heard anything. I notice that the document detailing what's going to happen in the FSB is now online as well...have they just forgotten me?
Reply 2264
I saw on a a blog as well that many of those who have assessments in March may have been amber banded from the etray so that may be a factor.

Sorry to be confrontational but what, exactly, are you talking about?

The first part of the etray you either pass, and are invited to FSAC or conversely, you fail and do not.

The other part is not assessed until the day itself.

The only thing which accounts for when your FSAC is are the dates which your tests were finished. For example, as I work a full time job I pushed every deadline to its maximum in order to prepare, furthermore, I had a wisdom teeth operation in January and this delayed the process further. As such, I didn't take the etray until late January and met the instant pass mark and was invited to FSAC.

What is this 'blog' you're talking about? Is it official? As it flies in the face of all information we have had so far regarding etray. If I didn't know better I could be worried going into to my FSAC because I've got the idea that I'm already amber banded at the back of my mind. I wish people would engage before writing nonsense like this on forums which are meant to aid, not hinder, the progress of those taking part.
Original post by madl24903
So, all my employment checks have now been completed. What happens now? Wait until I get posting?!

You'll probably hear a fair bit before that point. I got my fsac results mid December and since then I've had welcome letters and a specimen copy of my fast stream contract,filled out pension and security clearance forms, and had a welcome call/email from a member of the fast stream team to ask me a few questions and offer to answer any questions I had. After a slow start after doing the pre employment checks I've actually heard quite a bit from them in the last month or so
Original post by Lauws

The first part of the etray you either pass, and are invited to FSAC or conversely, you fail and do not.

The only thing which accounts for when your FSAC is are the dates which your tests were finished. For example, as I work a full time job I pushed every deadline to its maximum in order to prepare, furthermore, I had a wisdom teeth operation in January and this delayed the process further. As such, I didn't take the etray until late January and met the instant pass mark and was invited to FSAC.

What is this 'blog' you're talking about? Is it official? As it flies in the face of all information we have had so far regarding etray. If I didn't know better I could be worried going into to my FSAC because I've got the idea that I'm already amber banded at the back of my mind. I wish people would engage before writing nonsense like this on forums which are meant to aid, not hinder, the progress of those taking part.

I was thinking about this too, and deduced they meant if you were later in finding out you passed E-Tray, due to amber banding, your FSAC would then be later.
Original post by Lauws

If someone has a later FSAC, then this is because they received their invitation later. One reason why someone might receive their invitation later is that they were 'amber-banded' at the e-tray stage (or earlier) and therefore had to wait a while. It's intuitive.
Reply 2268
Original post by GManTheGMan
I was thinking about this too, and deduced they meant if you were later in finding out you passed E-Tray, due to amber banding, your FSAC would then be later.

Ah, perhaps - but I believe the final pass marks were set on or around 23 December last year.

Evidence - https://twitter.com/faststreamuk/status/545903998637981696

(and my mate, who was amber banded at this time got his rejection on 23rd of Dec)

I'm sure being clear forms a major part of the competencies.....but that's none of my business. :rolleyes:

Triton, point taken - my reasoning for why this may not be the case is above and in my previous post (my experience), I think I could be forgiven for being confused given jo's wording.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lauws
I'm sure being clear forms a major part of the competencies.....but that's none of my business. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure you'd fail if you spoke like that at FSAC too. :smile:
Reply 2270
Original post by Magnum Opus

You're almost certainly correct. Now, back to my high horse.
Original post by irhzk
Has anybody been invited to the FSB for the Communications Service yet? I found out that I passed the FSAC weeks and weeks ago, but I still haven't heard anything. I notice that the document detailing what's going to happen in the FSB is now online as well...have they just forgotten me?

I'm still amber but hopefully I'll hear on Friday either negative or positive. I'm very relieved that the FSB is end of April/May though!
Reply 2272
I'm still amber but hopefully I'll hear on Friday either negative or positive. I'm very relieved that the FSB is end of April/May though!

Aaaah, sorry to hear that you're still waiting, fingers crossed for good news!

Its probably silly for me to worry too much about the FSB invitation, I suppose they may be waiting until all the GCS candidates have done the FSAC/got their FSAC results? I'll keep telling myself that, anyway...
Yes, that is what I meant. Some candidates who have a late FSAC would have been amber banded at the etray stage.
Reply 2274
Yes, that is what I meant. Some candidates who have a late FSAC would have been amber banded at the etray stage.

My bad, hope you're successful / have been successful!
Yes, that is what I meant. Some candidates who have a late FSAC would have been amber banded at the etray stage. This may indicate they do not clearly demonstrate the competencies as those who passed straight away did.

I wish the OP was in my group at the FSAC
Reply 2277
I wish the OP was in my group at the FSAC

haha, just because Magnus is ruling me out doesn't mean he's able to rule you in!
I'm just being diplomatic. Besides, I was a nervous stammering wreck during the group exercise (though I managed to get my policy chosen), my interview was spontaneous and unstructured, leadership was actually half decent bull****, and the policy recommendation... well we all know how that went.
I'm just being diplomatic. Besides, I was a nervous stammering wreck during the group exercise (though I managed to get my policy chosen), my interview was spontaneous and unstructured, leadership was actually half decent bull****, and the policy recommendation... well we all know how that went.

My leadership was ok until the last question at which point I just couldn't think anymore as it was my last exercise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending