The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college 2014-2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

anyone have their interview today?
Reply 41
Original post by bethanywaltham
Hey guys

I'm an ex-woody too (2012-2014)

I got a direct offer, so I'm not sure how helpful I'll be regarding interview advice, but if you have any questions about life at Woodhouse in general or, more specifically, studying maths, biology, chemistry and history there, then I'd be happy to answer them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow that's great! How did you find Maths? And how helpful were the staff members in the Maths department?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rhadawey
Oh wow that's great! How did you find Maths? And how helpful were the staff members in the Maths department?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be completely honest, the maths department is amazing! I absolutely loved maths! Don't get me wrong, I know people who didn't like it as much as me, but pretty much everyone agrees that the maths department is one of the best! The teachers are very supportive and are always willing to help (even at 11 the night before your exam...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
To be completely honest, the maths department is amazing! I absolutely loved maths! Don't get me wrong, I know people who didn't like it as much as me, but pretty much everyone agrees that the maths department is one of the best! The teachers are very supportive and are always willing to help (even at 11 the night before your exam...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that sounds amazing, and did you feel that the school really helped you out in Maths in terms of understanding concepts and helping you get the hang of topics or are you just naturally good in Maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow that sounds amazing, and did you feel that the school really helped you out in Maths in terms of understanding concepts and helping you get the hang of topics or are you just naturally good in Maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say my mathematical ability is amazing, I was very lucky that I had two great teachers at WH that were very patient and broke everything down, making it relatively easy to understand! I think the main thing to keep in mind, wherever you go, is that maths is a very hard a level, it's a huge step up from GCSE, so just don't be afraid to ask for help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
I wouldn't say my mathematical ability is amazing, I was very lucky that I had two great teachers at WH that were very patient and broke everything down, making it relatively easy to understand! I think the main thing to keep in mind, wherever you go, is that maths is a very hard a level, it's a huge step up from GCSE, so just don't be afraid to ask for help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems lovely, and yeah I've heard that a lot. I'm still confused between physics and Maths, both are favourites of mine but Physics more so.

What are you doing now? Are you in university? If so, what are you studying? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seems lovely, and yeah I've heard that a lot. I'm still confused between physics and Maths, both are favourites of mine but Physics more so.

What are you doing now? Are you in university? If so, what are you studying? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know what you want to do at uni (if you want to go, of course) because it might be worth checking what they require!

I'm currently on a gap year. I applied for veterinary medicine last year but unfortunately didn't receive an offer. I've reapplied again this year though (through Woodhouse) and now have an offer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Do you know what you want to do at uni (if you want to go, of course) because it might be worth checking what they require!

I'm currently on a gap year. I applied for veterinary medicine last year but unfortunately didn't receive an offer. I've reapplied again this year though (through Woodhouse) and now have an offer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow congratulations! I hope it all works out for you (:

Yes, I'd like to do Dentistry. I've checked and some universities asked for physics or Maths but it's mainly just Biology and Chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow congratulations! I hope it all works out for you (:

Yes, I'd like to do Dentistry. I've checked and some universities asked for physics or Maths but it's mainly just Biology and Chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, in that case I'd say follow your heart!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Hey guys

I'm an ex-woody too (2012-2014)

I got a direct offer, so I'm not sure how helpful I'll be regarding interview advice, but if you have any questions about life at Woodhouse in general or, more specifically, studying maths, biology, chemistry and history there, then I'd be happy to answer them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi i would like to know about the history department in woodhouse
Original post by davinaxo
Hi i would like to know about the history department in woodhouse

I was very impressed with the History department! I only did it at As but I thought both of my teachers were amazing (until one went on maternity leave :mad: ) but overall it's a very supportive department with some excellent teaching staff! As History is quite a jump from GCSE but I felt really eased into it and managed to get an A in the end! As long as you have a genuine interest in History, you'll be fine but just be prepared to put a lot of work in- you're required to know a lot more facts and figures at A level than at GCSE!

Do you have any other questions? :biggrin:
Reply 51
Anyone else got offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else got offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye. What r ur predicted grades?
Reply 53
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Ye. What r ur predicted grades?

9 A*s 2 As and a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
9 A*s 2 As and a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
##

WOW, just wow... Amazing grades :wink: I just have to ask what the B is in :smile:
Also is woodhouse your first choice. How do you feel about it and where else have you applied to? I guess with your excellent grade you have the misfortune of getting to pick from all their options :wink:
Reply 55
Original post by TheTruthTeller
##

WOW, just wow... Amazing grades :wink: I just have to ask what the B is in :smile:
Also is woodhouse your first choice. How do you feel about it and where else have you applied to? I guess with your excellent grade you have the misfortune of getting to pick from all their options :wink:

LOOL thank you x the B is in French haha I'm not that good at languages, the two As are for English haha and I've applied to Mill hill county sixth form (still no reply), St Dominic's and Twyford Sixth form. Yeah, woodhouse is my first choice (: how about you? What are your predicted grades and your first choice? Also, what subjects did you choose to do?

I feel really good about it if I'm honest, my parents are a bit hesitant to let me go to a college but I've heard that woodhouse offer amazing support so I'm not sure really, I just don't want to make any wrong decisions that could have a bad outcome on my future :frown: Tooo much pressure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
LOOL thank you x the B is in French haha I'm not that good at languages, the two As are for English haha and I've applied to Mill hill county sixth form (still no reply), St Dominic's and Twyford Sixth form. Yeah, woodhouse is my first choice (: how about you? What are your predicted grades and your first choice? Also, what subjects did you choose to do?

I feel really good about it if I'm honest, my parents are a bit hesitant to let me go to a college but I've heard that woodhouse offer amazing support so I'm not sure really, I just don't want to make any wrong decisions that could have a bad outcome on my future :frown: Tooo much pressure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go to Woodhouse, you won't regret it!
Original post by UltimateLad1
When do they send out conditional offers?

Should've gone to Eton or harrow
Original post by RomanTheGod
Should've gone to Eton or harrow

No. Don't 12 lads sleep in one room?
Reply 59

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is the chemistry department? I'm doing the same as you did except instead of biology I'm doing physics

Quick Reply

Latest