The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

I can see him running on to the pitch at half time Delia style and going ''ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED''

I suppose he's better than Cellino but other than that... really?
Original post by Jangrafess
I suppose he's better than Cellino but other than that... really?

Nah, Crowe is skint. Doubt he'd have the funds to propel us to where we want to be.
Wheels falling off Bournemouth slightly.
Original post by Mackay
Wheels falling off Bournemouth slightly.

I knew Bournemouth would slide out of the autos. They just don't have the quality in their squads like Derby & 'Boro
Love seeing some belief back at Norwich now. Won 7 of the 9 league games this year, and since Alex Neil took over, 5 of which were against top 10 teams. Don't know what Neil has done, but it's working. Got some interesting games coming up, with the current top 3 all still to visit Carrow Road, although we've already played everyone down to 11th away. Also noticable that the bulk of the games coming up later in the season are currently sitting mid table and have the potential to be switched off, which might work in Norwich's favour.
Original post by TornadoGR4
I knew Bournemouth would slide out of the autos. They just don't have the quality in their squads like Derby & 'Boro

It's been a long time since I saw quality and boro in the same sentence without the word 'lack' :tongue: feels nice tbh.

*frantically races to touch nearest wooden item*

But yeah, great result for us and Derby tbh but you never know what's happening in the league this season. No one can relax till the end of the season frankly.
I think Forest are going to be an interesting side, who not only could come from well behind but could have a big influence at the top. They still have to play 6 of the serious promotion contenders, and the two top teams they have played twice, Derby and Bournmouth, they won 1 drew one with the former, and won both against the latter. Out of the top 8 they still have to play, they have already taken points from Norwich, Ipswich, Watford and Wolves, beating Norwich and Wolves and drawing with the others.
Original post by fluttershy
I think Forest are going to be an interesting side, who not only could come from well behind but could have a big influence at the top. They still have to play 6 of the serious promotion contenders, and the two top teams they have played twice, Derby and Bournmouth, they won 1 drew one with the former, and won both against the latter. Out of the top 8 they still have to play, they have already taken points from Norwich, Ipswich, Watford and Wolves, beating Norwich and Wolves and drawing with the others.

They only beat us because we were dreadful on the day. Top 8 are in too good form to let Forest get back into contention, plus Freedman's bubble will burst soon.
Just pleased for Freedman, really. He always looked one day away from alcoholism at Bolton.
Huge weekend of fixtures (as the rest of the season will be.) Be interesting to see if Bournemouth can arrest their little wobble against Blackburn, and of course can't wait for the East Anglian Derby on Sunday.

I'm off to see us play the Gob****es down at the Cardiff City Stadium, and coming down from Swansea that's a double level of abuse i'm probably entitled too :rofl:
Original post by fluttershy

Also, ipswich should have won that game, we completely dominated and you got two lucky goals
Several bottom half teams are going head to head too.

Rotherham vs Millwall - could be crucial (21st vs 22nd)
Charlton vs Huddersfield (16th vs 12th)
Bolton vs Brighton (19th vs 18th)
Blackpool vs Wigan - If Wigan don't win this they really are done (24th vs 23rd)
Original post by TornadoGR4
Several bottom half teams are going head to head too.

Rotherham vs Millwall - could be crucial (21st vs 22nd)
Charlton vs Huddersfield (16th vs 12th)
Bolton vs Brighton (19th vs 18th)
Blackpool vs Wigan - If Wigan don't win this they really are done (24th vs 23rd)

Yeah, I said earlier this week that Wigan could stay up but this will be a real decider.
I'd expect both Bolton and Brighton to have enough tbh.
Original post by Mackay
I'd expect both Bolton and Brighton to have enough tbh.

Bolton have lost 3 on the bounce and are in danger of being dragged into the relegation scrap. Such an unforgiving league.

We've taken an early lead against Watford, which is desperately needed. We're unable to ever come back from a goal down. I expect we'll do classic Leeds; sit back & invite the pressure. I have confidence in our defence, but we really need to take any chance we get on the break.

EDIT: And it's there! Rudy Austin makes it 2-0! 3 attempts, 3 on target, 2 goals! We can't let this one slide away
(edited 9 years ago)
Coventry City 2-0 up against Mk Dons. New manager bounce back in full effect.
Ffs a 2-0 lead into half time would've been brilliant, now we've let them back in it's going to be a nervy second half of hanging on.
Fulham 2-0 up against Derby.

Would be for the good of the league if Derby were to get beat, would keep it very tight at the top. Birmingham lead Brentford. And in arguably Wigan's most important game, they're 1-0 up against Blackpool.

Anyone know why Bournemouth kicked off at 3:30?
With results the way they are, we really need to beat brighton today. Promising that we haven't conceded 4 yet *touch wood*, but not creating much either.

Car accident was reason for bournmouth delayed kickoff fyi.

Quick Reply

Latest