The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The loss is all down to Wenger tbh and that's because of the last window. Shocking that we're using Bellerin at RB ( who is gob****e) and shocking we didn't buy a CDM after crying out for one. Also a ****ing joke we didn't buy a striker until Giroud received a 3 month injury. Our current weaknesses are all exposed by our lack of signings it's ****ing ridiculous.

It's not improving next year with Wenger either. We'll probably sign another CAM and 14 year old right back.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Ospina could have easily saved the 1st and 3rd goal. 2nd one can't really say much

Nah not the 1st one. He puts his weight on his left because that was where the ball was going, the deflection takes it away from him.

I felt like he flapped at the 2nd, didn't come out as fast as he should have.

Szczesny would have saved the 3rd goal simply because he's taller, Ospina is 6'0 and barely got a finger to it. If that's Szcz, that going around the post and out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I'm telling you...Ospina your time's up mate. Bring back the Shezza.

Man...it makes you realise how **** our goalkeeping options are.

We only have De Gea and Valdes:frown:...

:colone:
Arsenal fan's be like:

https://vine.co/v/O2m2Q1zlZeH
Original post by Arkasia
Is it really that hard to admit that Monaco played the perfect game against us?

Their tactics weren't exactly a surprise though, everyone and their dog knew what they would try and do so it shouldn't have been allowed to be "the perfect game".

Side note, as much as I love Henry as a personality his analysis leaves more to be desired. Over hyped by Sky.
Original post by Rk2k14
We only have De Gea and Valdes:frown:...

:colone:

Give us one :frown: sharing's caring.
25 February 2015 Round of 16
Arsenal 1-3
Monaco

19 February 2014 Round of 16
Arsenal 0-2 Bayern

19 February 2013 Round of 16
Arsenal 1-3 Bayern

15 February 2012 Round of 16
Milan 4-0 Arsenal

8 March 2011 Round of 16
Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal

6 April 2010 Quarter Finals
Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal

If you look at this and think there's not something seriously wrong with the club and Wenger you must be either brainwashed or just stupid.
Original post by The Shed End
Arsenal fan's be like:

https://vine.co/v/O2m2Q1zlZeH

You're loving this aren't you :lol:

We'll only have one of them come Summer.
You can have Amos, if you can find him. Potential:biggrin:
I ****ing said that. Monaco= :adore: fair play no point denying it.

If we're out of the top four how easy will it be to get back into it? Don't wanna do a Liverpool, no thanks Jeff. But you're right, it sucks but we move on and see if we can end this Ro16 curse. :hugs:

Very true, but let's not call it a curse, a curse suggests we can't do anything about it, we can, by not underestimating our opponents and being extremely tactively naive on the managers and players account
I ****ing said that. Monaco= :adore: fair play no point denying it.

If we're out of the top four how easy will it be to get back into it? Don't wanna do a Liverpool, no thanks Jeff. But you're right, it sucks but we move on and see if we can end this Ro16 curse. :hugs:

Prod you are one of the few. Of course, I am sure someone on here will just say I'm faking my praise to save face, or just being weak or w/e, but I am willing to admit we were bad, and they genuinely outplayed us.

We are out of the CL, so we should focus on the FA Cup and PL. We can get top 3 in the league, and beat United as long as we don't mess about resting players for the away leg in Monaco.

Original post by fallen_acorns
yeah perfect game.. they planned on giving us multiple clear goal scoring chances.. and they planned that our strike force would **** them all up, dispite often only having the goal keeper to beat..

They planned on our defense and midfield making stupid mistakes for the goals, and they planned on creating very little else except what was caused by our mistakes.

Dont try and hide away by saying they were good.. they were average at best.

We made them look good though, by being so utterly terrible.

They planned to sit back, absorb pressure, and hit us on the counter. It worked perfectly. No team in the world can go to the Emirates and expect to have no efforts against them, so Monaco were relying on us messing up, and we did. We then ran about like headless chickens, took off our defensively minded midfielder, and pushed our defenders up, which helped them even more.

Hide away? Don't try to be arrogant, most fans expected us to walk all over Monaco, because most fans are clueless and think "French and not PSG? Must be easy." They are a good team, who stuck to a strategy, and came away victors.
You're loving this aren't you :lol:

How could you tell?

Don't worry though guys, it's not winning the Champions League that counts, it's qualifying right?
"It's difficult to understand" - that explains the last 10 years.
Original post by al_94

If you look at this and think there's not something seriously wrong with the club and Wenger you must be either brainwashed or just stupid.

Could you not put out stats like that in public :colonhash:
Original post by AR_95
The loss is all down to Wenger tbh and that's because of the last window. Shocking that we're using Bellerin at RB ( who is gob****e) and shocking we didn't buy a CDM after crying out for one. Also a ****ing joke we didn't buy a striker until Giroud received a 3 month injury. Our current weaknesses are all exposed by our lack of signings it's ****ing ridiculous.

It's not improving next year with Wenger either. We'll probably sign another CAM and 14 year old right back.

I'd argue you need to sign a similar number of players to us. Arsenal need a RB, CB, DM (possibly two) & ST.

Feels like Valdes is being overrated at this point, he may have history but nobody even knows if he's worth a dime atm. Personally I get the feeling he isn't.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Adam171014
"It's difficult to understand" - that explains the last 10 years.

Is that what AW said?!

Is he sick?

It's so clear what the problem is, HIM!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I'd argue you need to sign a similar number of players to us. Arsenal need a RB, CB, DM (possibly two) & ST.

We don't need an RB we've got 4 :s-smilie:

CB, 2 CM/DM's and a striker. Possibly another midfielder too with Cazorla over the hill soon
(edited 9 years ago)
So for the 4th season in a row we need to score 3 away goals to progress. What a ****ing joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by So Instinct
Feels like Valdes is being overrated at this point, he may have history but nobody even knows if he's worth a dime atm. Personally I get the feeling he isn't.

We got him for free, so if he plays bad then its not like we lose money but the opposite if he recovers some of his previous form.

Latest