The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone still waiting on Pinsent Masons London?
I've had another email from Linklaters, saying that I'd been rejected for the vac scheme (I'd already been rejected by email the other day) but inviting me to apply for a training contract :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sian.
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they have an AC for Squires Manchester. What office did you apply for? I still haven't heard anything!

I'm London. They've said that they'll be contacting this week ("hopefully"), so fingers crossed tomorrow
Reply 3743
Original post by liarpoker
I think the fact that W&C base offers on video interviews tells you all you need to know about the time they have for recruiting their vac schemers..

Thats a huge improvement on last year lol - I got a vacation scheme with them from just filling out an application form last year.
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
I've had another email from Linklaters, saying that I'd been rejected for the vac scheme (I'd already been rejected by email the other day) but inviting me to apply for a training contract :s-smilie:

Should definitely take it as a good sign. Means that they were impressed with your application but have already given away their places. :smile:
Original post by baldwisl02
Anyone still waiting on Pinsent Masons London?

I am expecting a rejection by the end of this week, since in the acknowledgement email they mentioned that the last AC was scheduled to be last week.

Edit: sorry just realised that maybe you are waiting post-AC.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3746
Any news post video interview from Hill Dickinson??
Original post by silence18
Should definitely take it as a good sign. Means that they were impressed with your application but have already given away their places. :smile:

Thanks - though it couldn't have been that they'd already given away all their places as I applied in December :colondollar:
Original post by lawstruggs
Hi i have an interview with Bristows this week. May I ask what went so terribly and are the questions mostly competency based?

It was a video interview and I waffled as I had no reactions to go off of. The questions did not go much beyond what was asked in the application form in terms of why law, why Bristows etc.
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Thanks - though it couldn't have been that they'd already given away all their places as I applied in December :colondollar:

...or they simply think that your application for a TC is good enough even without their vac scheme on it. :wink2:
Very strange timing, but just got email offer from White & Case for summer vac scheme. Got a Cleary rejection in the mail this morning as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by silence18
...or they simply think that your application for a TC is good enough even without their vac scheme on it. :wink2:

I like that analysis :rofl: but can't be true!
Anyone done a Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co assessment centre and able to shed some light on it? I only know people who did it pre-merger! :rolleyes:
Reply 3753
Still no peep from IM, Boodle Hatfield or any other firm I applied to! Do firms generally silent PFO for Vac Schemes or do most actually send rejections by email?
C'mon Cleary. Where's my snail mail PFO? I think I'll actually be relieved when I get it.
Congrats to those getting W&C emails, yeah very weird times!! I reckon if I don't hear tomorrow I can assume a rejection :s-smilie: Come on, for once let it not be a rejection D:
Reply 3756
Original post by TykeDragon
Congrats to those getting W&C emails, yeah very weird times!! I reckon if I don't hear tomorrow I can assume a rejection :s-smilie: Come on, for once let it not be a rejection D:

I have that dangerous 1% hope that I fear is misplaced.
Original post by TykeDragon

I know how you feel. I really want it to not be a rejection but I can't help but feel so disheartened by the fact that I've been rejected everywhere else. I don't know what's wrong with me. :frown:
Lewis Silkin vid interview invite, received at the late hour of 11pm! (Hope some poor recruiter still isn't in the office!)
Original post by VelvetFox
Lewis Silkin vid interview invite, received at the late hour of 11pm! (Hope some poor recruiter still isn't in the office!)

Congrats! Is this for the "Spring Workshop"? Also, is the video interview the one in which you record the answers that you give to Q on the spot? I was somehow hoping that I managed to avoid all the firms that ask for this after a previous horrible experience.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending