The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Am not.
It was just a dose of daily naseeha, you should maybe just take the message and try to be a little more considerate of your akhis and female akhis in humanity :smile:.

I'm being very considerate here. I was given the same advice from my other akhis and female ukthis in humanity :smile: Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mary562
I'm being very considerate here. I was given the same advice from my other akhis and female akhis in humanity :smile: Thanks

I guess our views conflict, but that's fine :smile:.

Okay, well if you want to actual use the advice, that's your choice as long as the message has been delivered to you.
-------------------

QQ: What are the four characteristics of Abu Bakr that Allah Almighty had singled out to him that no one else had?
(edited 9 years ago)
If anyone does reply to the question I'll check it tomorrow insha'Allah
Need some sleep now :smile:

Asalaamu Alaykum
[video="youtube;589IvJGWtD8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=589IvJGWtD8[/video]
Allah sent Moses and Aaron, peace be upon them, to Pharaoh and He commanded them to speak mildly to him and to begin their invitation to Islam with gentleness.

Allah said:

فَقُولَا لَهُ قَوْلًا لَّيِّنًا لَّعَلَّهُ يَتَذَكَّرُ أَوْ يَخْشَىٰ

Speak to him mildly that perhaps he may remember or fear Allah.
Surah Ta Ha 20:44

If this is how Allah commanded the prophets to speak to the greatest of oppressors, then how much more deserving of kindness are those lesser than him?

Al-Baghawi reported:

وقرأ رجل عند يحيـى بن معاذ هذه الآية فَقُولاَ لَهُ قَوْلاً لَّيِّناً فبكى يحيى وقال إلهي هذا رفقك بمن يقول أنا الإِله فكيف رفقك بمن يقول أنت الإِله

A man recited this verse in front of Yahya ibn Mu’adh and he began to weep. Yahya said: My God, this is Your gentleness with one who claims to be God, then how is Your gentleness with one who says You are God?

Source: Tafseer Al-Baghawi 20:44
Reply 5567
Wassup my female akhis
Original post by Mary562
-------------------

QQ: What are the four characteristics of Abu Bakr that Allah Almighty had singled out to him that no one else had?

Truthfulness
loyalty?
Are these correct?!
Someone hacked Tpos's account.

Original post by Tpos
Wassup my female akhis
Original post by Ibn Fulaan

How can you be sure?
Original post by Tennumbers
SubhanAllah thats beautiful. :smile: Downloaded it onto my phone :biggrin:

I know, the lyrics are so beautiful and meaningful subhanAllah :heart:

Original post by HAnwar
Anyone going to the #WhoIsMuhammad event at Westminster university tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I could :frown: shaykh Haitham is too awesome. But I have commitments. If you do go then make sure to tell us how it went ok :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
How can you be sure?

It's not like her to post something like that lol. I can't ask her on whatsapp either as she hasn't been online in several hours.
Original post by themorninglight
It's not like her to post something like that lol. I can't ask her on whatsapp either as she hasn't been online in several hours.

Hmm...true. It is an unusual post for someone like her.
Original post by themorninglight
I know, the lyrics are so beautiful and meaningful subhanAllah :heart:

I wish I could :frown: shaykh Haitham is too awesome. But I have commitments. If you do go then make sure to tell us how it went ok :smile:

Yeah sure :smile:
I know he's jokes. Unfortunately some fools have tried to stop him attending by signing a petition.
Female akhis :rofl:
Reply 5576
Original post by Ibn Fulaan

Lol I was taking the mick :tongue: :colondollar:
Original post by Mary562
I don't understand one thing can someone explain ...

Well, I shouldn't bring this topic up but today I was shocked to hear what a friend had to say about one of her relatives marrying a shia etc Her parents weren't happy with it...

What is the main difference between Shia and Sunni Muslims - I don't understand and why is it we distinguish from them. We both are Muslims. I understand the whipping part but why that as well?

Sorry too many questions.

Peace be with you sister,

Since you have had many response, not from i believe from an actual shia muslim dictating what they perceive to be our beliefs (similar to what we see on TSR, where people who aren't muslim distort what muslims actually do and believe) let me give you brief points as well as clearing misconceptions. I don't think it's my place on this thread to argue that X are wrong, i am right , all i am going to do is give you a shia position without attacking anyone directly, so you are inshAllah better informed :smile: I am glad rather than believing rumours, you decided to ask for yourself which is more than a lot of people do to be fair.

Firstly, here are the main beliefs of Shia Muslims:

1. TAWHEED That Allah swt has no confine, can never be literally physically witnessed, can not move / ascend or descend, and is not confined to any one location, nor is he literally everywhere. He was there before a 'where' so can not be described by means of location, he is the giver of forms, and is Allah swt and can not be limited to a confine, or a body. He does not ascend nor does he descend, he is not subject to the limitations of movement, he is free of all need and no laws or regulations are imposed on him.

2. Muhammed pbuh is the last and final messenger of Allah swt. Every Prophet of God is free of sinning in the Dunyah.They are granted this by Allah swt so that they see sin as it really is. For instance, would you jump outside your window and kill the old lady walking by? In a similar way, Allah swt has blessed those he has chosen - and he knows best where to put his prophethood- and given them that insight so that they see all sin as it really is. Prophets of God can still choose the lesser of the two goods, or a path less preferable, but do not commit sins. They are the guides of humanity, people must follow them unconditionally in every sense and way. Muslims all believe in Imam Mahdi a.s, someone Allah swt will choose to restore justice to the earth and obedience to Imam Mahdi a.s is wajib. Shias believe Allah swt had chosen twelve Imams , who were the liniege of the Prophet PBUH i.e Ali a.s , Hasan a.s , Hussein a.s and so on, whom even sunni brothers and ulema regard as righteous and or great scholars , to preserve his Sunnah. As we believe Allah swt has chosen them to preserve the Sunnah of Muhammed pbuh, and be an absolute authority to all , he has given them the mercy of seeing sin as it is, and hence have the ability to sin, but not commit it. We can see historically, after his death and fastforward time, you get so many splinter groups each holding fast to their own Islam. Imam Bukhari cites there were many, many, fabricated or false hadith floating around, there was confusion. Where do we go to hold onto the true Sunnah? Shia's attest the ahlulbayt a.s There are a lot of proofs for this, but one we use is the following ahadith:

Someday (after his last pilgrimage) the Messenger of Allah (S) stood to give us a speech beside a pond which is known as Khum (Ghadir Khum) which is located between Mecca and Medina. Then he praised Allah and reminded Him, and then said: "O’ people! Behold! It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. Behold! I am leaving for you two precious things. First of them is the book of Allah in which there is light and guidance...The other one is my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. (three times)."
Sahih Muslim, Chapter of the virtues of the companions, section of the virtues of ‘Ali, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, Arabic version, v 4, p1873, Tradition #36.

3. The vast majority of shias do not cut themselves. Many shia Ulema directly and indirectly forbid such an action. I.E anything that can cause self harm or ridicule in the Ummah. I have never done it, and from my view, the majority of shias do not. It is only a minority who follow misguided culture. And as we know in our Ummah, shia or sunni, culture sometimes takes precedence.

Grand Ayatullah Khamenei

Ayatullah Khamenei, in his position as the Hakim Al-Shari’i has given a Hukm forbidding blood flagellation. A hukm is binding on all Muslims, unlike a fatwa.

Question 1450:
Is hitting oneself with swords halal if it is done in secret? Or is your fatwa in this regard universal?

Answer:
In addition to the fact that it is not held in the common view as manifestations of mourning and grief and it has no precedent at the lifetime of the Imams (a.s.) and even after that and we have not received any tradition quoted from the Infallibles (a.s.) about any support for this act, be it privately or publicly, this practice would, at the present time, give others a bad image of our school of thought. Therefore, there is no way that it can be considered permissible.

Question 1449:
In commemorating the martyrdom of Imam Husayn (a.s.) on the tenth of Muharram, some people hit themselves with a machete, or walk bare-footed on fire. Such actions defame Shi‘ism and put it in a bad light, if not undermine it. They cause bodily and spiritual harms on these doing it as well. What is your opinion in this matter?

Answer:
Any practice that causes bodily harm, or leads to defaming the faith, is haram. Accordingly, the believers have to steer clear of it. There is no doubt that many of these practices besmirch the image of Ahlul Bayt’s (a.s.) School of Thought which is the worst damage and loss.

[video="youtube;RnRtt83RY0w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnRtt83RY0w[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mary562
I don't understand one thing can someone explain ...

Well, I shouldn't bring this topic up but today I was shocked to hear what a friend had to say about one of her relatives marrying a shia etc Her parents weren't happy with it...

What is the main difference between Shia and Sunni Muslims - I don't understand and why is it we distinguish from them. We both are Muslims. I understand the whipping part but why that as well?

Sorry too many questions.

The shia view of the companions:

The shia view of the Companions is that of the Quran, no more no less. We love those loyal to Muhammed pbuh, before and after his death. We do not love those who were not sincere or obstructed him and did not truly reform. We do this because to obtain the true sunnah, we need to take an academic - not emotional- look at who lived with him, their lives, what happened etc.

Here's a very short list of ones i quickly had compiled earlier, i will add to it with time, there are many to add(including the matyr's of Badr etc)

Spoiler

You see, we shia's believe Muhammed pbuh, someone with such a large political, religious gap would not die without addressing the issue of leadership after him. He would either by the command of Allah swt or delegation choose, or he would facilitate the Ummah and guide them in this important issue. Even in America they take political stability so much so, that if Obama dies, Biden is already there to fill his shoes. Shias and non-muslim historians as well as sunni brothers and sisters all attest , after his death there was a power struggle occurring in Saqifah.

For example, did you know Imam Ali a.s never gave Bayah for six months?

We are all told the Sahaba r.a loved each other a lot, but would you really reject giving allegiance to someone you love , someone alleged hadiths say are the best of the Ummah for six whole months, and keep away from them? This is unanimously known as a fact.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but while shias do love many of the loyal Sahaba r.a, we know the truth was not as rosy as is painted, and that there was dissension, disagreement, etc

At the same time, we are not allowed to use mocking words against any , like he was an evil disgusting etc. That's forbidden.

Ayatollah Khamenei issued a fatwa, declared unlawful the insulting Prophet's wife Aisha, and any of the Sunni Islamic symbols.

Ayatollah Khamenei issued a fatwa, declared unlawful the insulting Prophet's wife Aisha, and any of the Sunni Islamic symbols.

Islamic World widely welcomed the fatwa, Rohama reported.

The leader of Islamic revolution in response to question announced: "insulting the symbols of the Sunni brothers, including the Prophet Muhammad's wife [Aisha] is forbidden. This includes the women of all prophets and especially the holy Prophet Muhammad ."

(edited 9 years ago)
Ayatullah Salehi Mazandarani

“There are no rational or lexical proofs, nor are there any principles, that can support blood matam in the mourning sessions of the leader of the martyrs, Imam Husayn (a), being permissible, let alone recommended. Furthermore, the principles and secondary rulings testify to its forbiddance. Therefore it is necessary to refrain from it.”

Latest

Trending

Trending