The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Don't worry you will win comfortably :colonhash:

i swear we'd have won the title already if all of your predictions came true :rolleyes:

we're away in turkey with a 1 goal lead.
we're missing sakho, henderson, gerrard, lucas, and coutinho.

Original post by sr90
I want Liverpool to win tomorrow :colondollar:

i assume so that we'll have more games and there's a slightly better chance that said extra games will negatively affect our top 4 challenge?
Original post by jam277
calm down its just a game.

says the chelsea fan :cool:
But on the reals, Welbz is trash. Can we bin him in the summer?
Original post by Peggles_*
But on the reals, Welbz is trash. Can we bin him in the summer?

You might wanna bin Giroud first, in reality a top striker is needed, they won't bottle the plethora of chances Giroud misses, guy gets into so many good positions and his finishing just lets him down time and time again.

Still loling at how everybody was being so arrogant before the game though, in particular the commentators, credit to Henry for not disrespecting Monaco while Souness and Redknapp were.
Original post by Lúcio
says the chelsea fan :cool:

what does being a chelsea fan have to do with it?
Original post by jam277
what does being a chelsea fan have to do with it?

it's like getting 100% in an exam then saying to your friends "it was only worth 5% guys, don't worry".
Original post by jam277
Oh yeah. Will watch tomorrow.

Maybe because you lot were playing so terrible, within the first 10mins it was clear your tempo was way too slow, you were struggling to pull Monaco's slightly unsettled defensive setup apart, they then settled into the game, knew your gameplan and scored a long shot, don't think he was being a bullying commentator, he was just saying what every non-Arsenal fan without bias would have said about your performance.

He wasn't negative in the first 5 minutes, because at that moment you were pulling Monaco apart with quick tempoed play, and when the CBs started playing out the back slow you were shifting it to the wing backs quite far.

I wish you'd read the first few pages straight after the match. I know we were quite pathetic tonight, worst performance I've seen at home for ages. Monaco deserved their win, they outclassed and outperformed us. They studied us well and performed with that basis, they weren't world class or anything, we were just a disaster.

All I can say is that I hope there's a miracle for the second leg if not then so be it. Monaco don't concede goals and putting three past them whilst keeping a clean sheet takes something special. I'm not sure we have that at the moment. What will be will be really. Was right not to be confident for this game.

As said previously, I'm surprisingly not even that fussed this evening aside from a few banterous posts I've made. Only thing pissing me off is Mertasacker.

Original post by Lúcio
i swear we'd have won the title already if all of your predictions came true :rolleyes:

:colone:
No but seriously you always do that "Watch when we lose tomorrow" that reverse psychology, I see you :wink:

Original post by jam277
calm down its just a game.

She was joking.

:colone:
No but seriously you always do that "Watch when we lose tomorrow" that reverse psychology, I see you :wink:

damn, you got me :frown:

it's better to cover yourself just in case.
waiting for everton to spank you and a depressed arsenal fan to make your meltdown thread :biggrin:
Gabriel needs to start the next game. Not speaking English really isn't an excuse, look at Jamie Carragher's career!

Rojo can't speak a word of English and he's been good for us this season.
Forgot to talk about Neville ^ no he is always just negative, period really.

Original post by Lúcio
damn, you got me :frown:

it's better to cover yourself just in case.
waiting for everton to spank you and a depressed arsenal fan to make your meltdown thread :biggrin:

I know what you mean :ninja:
Nahh were not gonna do an Sr90 with the meltdown thread.

On the plus side guys, we're somehow third in the league :biggrin:
By a point... with Everton next tho.
Original post by sr90
Rojo can't speak a word of English and he's been good for us this season.

being the best united defender isn't really difficult though is it? :wink:

srs question - rank the defensive quality of united, liverpool and arsenal.
I wish you'd read the first few pages straight after the match.

I know we were quite pathetic tonight, worst performance I've seen at home for ages. Monaco deserved their win, they outclassed and outperformed us. They studied us well and performed with that basis, they weren't world class or anything, we were just a disaster.

So then why are you taking shots at Gary Neville's commentary when he's just saying what all of us think? Not really negative considering Arsenal's record and the pretty ponderous first half you made?

Gary Neville is quite amazing at reading the game and telling when there's a tactical mishap in the team. By the 20th min he predicted that Arsenal will get suckerpunched with their game. Don't see where he was being negative, or whether he's regularly a negative thinking person like you insinuated.
All I can say is that I hope there's a miracle for the second leg if not then so be it. Monaco don't concede goals and putting three past them whilst keeping a clean sheet takes something special. I'm not sure we have that at the moment. What will be will be really. Was right not to be confident for this game.

As said previously, I'm surprisingly not even that fussed this evening aside from a few banterous posts I've made. Only thing pissing me off is Mertasacker.

Yeah it's not going to happen. Maybe you could take it to 3-1 on the night and hope you do something in extra time, but I don't see you winning that tie unless Wilshere/Ramsey are back.

She was joking.

So was I, hence why I didn't use any cap locks and went misc mode.
I know what you mean :ninja:
Nahh were not gonna do an Sr90 with the meltdown thread.

On the plus side guys, we're somehow third in the league :biggrin:
By a point... with Everton next tho.

that was amazing - he got there before a rival fan could :wink:

no, it isn't a mistake.
we may laugh at this performance, but it honestly surprised me.
you're definitely good value for being in 3rd - you haven't been exceptional this season but considering the circumstances of this campaign, you definitely deserve to be where you are.

you'll roll everton over; you had an abysmal game but don't underestimate just how poor they are.
it's a shame they're our local rivals - we only got 2 points from them this season whereas all the over big teams should get 6 :frown:

She was joking.

Lol Prod, I'm not!!

We could seriously crumble now, fall out of the top 4, lose to United. I could get nasty very quickly.
Original post by jam277

So then why are you taking shots at Gary Neville's commentary when he's just saying what all of us think? Not really negative considering Arsenal's record and the pretty ponderous first half you made?

Gary Neville is quite amazing at reading the game and telling when there's a tactical mishap in the team. By the 20th min he predicted that Arsenal will get suckerpunched with their game. Don't see where he was being negative, or whether he's regularly a negative thinking person like you insinuated.

Yeah it's not going to happen. Maybe you could take it to 3-1 on the night and hope you do something in extra time, but I don't see you winning that tie unless Wilshere/Ramsey are back.
So was I, hence why I didn't use any cap locks and went misc mode.

You're always looking for an arguement these days and I quite frankly don't have time for it.

Gary Neville was negative from the get go. Funny how when other posters say this you don't go after them, easy target I get, cool. Inb4 "stop playing victim".

And you can't give me all that because I've said many times in the past that Gary Neville is such a great analyser of the game. There are so many posts to prove this. Tonight, I didn't particularly like the way he attacked Ozil. Yes he was poor but there were poorer players on the pitch. Ozil has had a fantastic few games after coming back from injury so shooting him down tonight like that was slightly harsh.
Funniest thing is, everyone on twitter is saying this also, it's not like I even plucked it from thin air!

Ah course you didn't read, they wouldn't have helped your arguement.
Anyways that's me done! Go on, hit me with your hardest, carry on impressing everybody :biggrin:
Lol Prod, I'm not!!

We could seriously crumble now, fall out of the top 4, lose to United. I could get nasty very quickly.

peggy please, can i call you peggy?

arsenal have been very decent in the league, not amazing but good enough to be 3rd and deserve to be 3rd.
this game was hilariously bad but i don't feel like you're just gonna crumble like usual - if you do that this year you won't have any chance of making top 4, and honestly i don't see you missing out this year.

united are 10x worse than you and will only get worse.
liverpool are excellent at the moment but you have a nice 3 point cushion (+GD) over us.
spurs' luck will run out and they'll drop easy points.
the only worry for you is soton imo - they were poor against us in the final third but on another day they would have got it right and beaten us.

let's not forget, 2 of these 5 teams will make top 4 - you're certainly among the two best in there :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
peggy please, can i call you peggy?

arsenal have been very decent in the league, not amazing but good enough to be 3rd and deserve to be 3rd.
this game was hilariously bad but i don't feel like you're just gonna crumble like usual - if you do that this year you won't have any chance of making top 4, and honestly i don't see you missing out this year.

united are 10x worse than you and will only get worse.
liverpool are excellent at the moment but you have a nice 3 point cushion (+GD) over us.
spurs' luck will run out and they'll drop easy points.
the only worry for you is soton imo - they were poor against us in the final third but on another day they would have got it right and beaten us.

let's not forget, 2 of these 5 teams will make top 4 - you're certainly among the two best in there :smile:

No, no you can't Lukey.

The crumble is coming, tonight was just the start, expect a diabolical performance against Everton on Sunday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're always looking for an arguement these days and I quite frankly don't have time for it.

Gary Neville was negative from the get go. Funny how when other posters say this you don't go after them, easy target I get, cool. Inb4 "stop playing victim".

I've messaged AR_95 and the TSR crew about this too. If you want I can post the conversation on my phone but I'd rather not have to do that.

And you can't give me all that because I've said many times in the past that Gary Neville is such a great analyser of the game. There are so many posts to prove this. Tonight, I didn't particularly like the way he attacked Ozil. Yes he was poor but there were poorer players on the pitch. Ozil has had a fantastic few games after coming back from injury so shooting him down tonight like that was slightly harsh.
Funniest thing is, everyone on twitter is saying this also, it's not like I even plucked it from thin air!

Dunno, Ozil along with Sanchez and other players were poor. He did shoot down Giroud as well, also he's got a point, these games are the sort of games Ozil would have made mincemeat of at Real Madrid, if you don't believe me, just watch some Real matches against similar opposition.

Ah course you didn't read, they wouldn't have helped your arguement.
Anyways that's me done! Go on, hit me with your hardest, carry on impressing everybody :biggrin:

Not really, maybe despite all the time I spend on here, I do have a life outside of TSR and don't read every single post on the thread. Maybe I didn't want to read the circa 200 posts from the end of the game to your posts?
No, no you can't Lukey.

The crumble is coming, tonight was just the start, expect a diabolical performance against Everton on Sunday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

#rejected :cry2:

well i'll guess we'll see.
not gonna lie, i would appreciate a "mini-crumble".
want liverpool to make top 4 but really don't want you to crumble and let united in.

arsenal fans may piss me off sometimes but i would much prefer them getting top 4 rather than united buying their way back in with the help of luck and a godly keeper.
Anyway Baconbutty was right about Lyrical Prodigy.
Not sure who's more of a fraud, Jam or Mertesacker...

Latest