The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gary Neville was just saying it how it is. Wasn't being negative just commentating on a dismal performance from Arsenal.
So many people defend Ozil on here and I don't know why. The guy doesn't do anywhere enough to justify his price

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamiesonn
Gary Neville was just saying it how it is. Wasn't being negative just commentating on a dismal performance from Arsenal.
So many people defend Ozil on here and I don't know why. The guy doesn't do anywhere enough to justify his price

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who justifies their price the least, Di Maria or Özil?
How the hell did you guys lose 3-1 to monaco, I just saw the score.
Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD
How the hell did you guys lose 3-1 to monaco, I just saw the score.

The same way everyone else beats arsenal, obviously.
(Or maybe the occasion has got to this head, what with being a former club, just like how the 6-0 defeat conveniently came on wenger's 1000th)
Reply 2684
Went to sleep straight after the terror last night.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424932927.796908.jpg

I hope we redeem ourselves against Everton or we are royally ****ed. It can either be a start of a beastly finish to the season, or a very very very **** one.
Kinda makes all the gassed Arsenal fans on BBC saying Arsenal can win the CL look a bit foolish eh?

UL m8s.
Just watched Ty's interview on AFTV. Normally don't pay attention to what that idiot says but he's actually made me really angry with what he's said now. 'We had a bad day' 'I'm confident we'll still go through' shut up you **** He's a ****ing grown man who dresses like he does and, says things like that and expects people to take him seriously? People like him are the problem at our club and I hope they all eff off and go support Fulham or someone. Probably still just angry but if I'd seen that prick last night I'd probably have just punched him, ridiculous headphone wearing **** who attend every game looking like some kind of freak. It makes me ****ing sick that he supports the same club as me. I can see why Claude gets so pissed off with him now. ****ing deluded ****

Mod edit: Please don't avoid the swear filter
(edited 9 years ago)
There were elements of truth to what Gary Neville was saying there's no denying that. But it was clear he still had an agenda for Ozil as the criticism was starting from like the 10th/20th minute into the game and actually sounded like bitterness. Ozil was the only player he targeted when literally all our players had a bad game. It's not as black and white as to say he was only right or wrong.

Anyways guy said he'd two foot tackle Rosicky for showing off a bit of skill. He's a ****
Original post by AR_95
There were elements of truth to what Gary Neville was saying there's no denying that. But it was clear he still had an agenda for Ozil as the criticism was starting from like the 10th/20th minute into the game and actually sounded like bitterness. Ozil was the only player he targeted when literally all our players had a bad game. It's not as black and white as to say he was only right or wrong.

Anyways guy said he'd two foot tackle Rosicky for showing off a bit of skill. He's a ****

Completely agree with the first bit no one is denying Ozil was poor but that Neville always singles him out for criticism.

Hate to break it to you but it was his bro Philly that said that on motd, they're both ***** to be fair, probably from a broken home...
Original post by leinad2012
Completely agree with the first bit no one is denying Ozil was poor but that Neville always singles him out for criticism.

Hate to break it to you but it was his bro Philly that said that on motd, they're both ***** to be fair, probably from a broken home...

Fair enough then haha I get the names confused.
I dislike Phil a lot more than Gary.
Original post by TornadoGR4

Phil looks like a proper ****. Gary has good punditry though, not so good as a commentator imo
At least with Gary whilst he has something against Ozil and a clear United bias, when he commentates on other games he's one of the best pundits around

Plus he was actually a good footballer too, Phil is kind of average on both fronts.

Woken up oddly optimistic, not saying we'll turn it around but so long as ox and Walcott start and we play a sensible central midfield (I.e. not one cdm and two cams) I can see us at least putting up a fight, expecting written apologies from Welbeck and Giroud though, those open goal misses were embarrassing
Original post by jam277
Anyway Baconbutty was right about Lyrical Prodigy.

:borat:

Was it because of what he said on motd a few weeks back? That he'd two foot or smash somebody who did etc etc to him, yeah that was weird.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
:borat:

Was it because of what he said on motd a few weeks back? That he'd two foot or smash somebody who did etc etc to him, yeah that was weird.

No, no, I didn't think that was that bad. I just find Phil a lot more insufferable. He's worse for punditry and commentary than Gary
Not sure what Gary said but Ozil just goes missing it seems in the big games.
No, no, I didn't think that was that bad. I just find Phil a lot more insufferable. He's worse for punditry and commentary than Gary

Oh yeah I'd agree with that. It's why he's not on Sky but on the BBC. They're all like that bar Shearer and the other guy that left last year.
Original post by Malevolent
Not sure what Gary said but Ozil just goes missing it seems in the big games.

Well he was saying Ozil doesn't have the best attitude when he's playing for Arsenal, that he doesn't seem like a battler(like Sanchez is), he also said that he doesn't mind Ozil losing possession, but it's more what he does when he loses the possession that frustrates him, while Sanchez will press the opposition hard to regain the ball back(I've seen him live guys pressing levels are amazing, it's something you have to watch live to really appreciate honestly) Ozil will be more lackadaisical, will walk about and not press for the ball back etc. He did a couple times yday but that wasn't good enough.

Thing is at Madrid, Mourinho made him bust a gut and subbed him off after 60mins to utilise him and Di Maria at their best. You don't see Ozil making those runs as much that just allow the counter to be utilised so effectively. Remember that acceleration Ozil had in the world cup 2010 or at Madrid? I don't think he's finished, but his game style is not being used to full effect at Arsenal, not in big games that's for sure.

If anything he said there was harsh, tell me. I don't know if he said anything after the game or whatever, but his in game commentary was spot on.

Spoiler

Thing about Gary Neville is that his commentary is quite brutal, remember him saying Luiz looked like he was being controlled by a 12 year old on playstation, I massively disagreed a few years ago, but think he got that bit spot on. Ozil will come good though, get a DM who can play from deep so Ozil can worry less about defensive duties and do what he does best.
(edited 9 years ago)
Is the Ospina experiment now over?

Can we bring back Szczesny, probably would have saved all 3 goals yesterday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Is the Ospina experiment now over?

Can we bring back Szczesny, probably would have saved all 3 goals yesterday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You guys could do with a Mignolet :wink:

Latest