The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Oh btw just so everyone knows, the whole three match threads in a week has been scraped, match thread away :biggrin:

Anyways yeah the return leg is a mountain to climb, that 3rd goal was a real slap in the face. We'd have to beat them 3-0, 3-0 for goodness sake. Only a miracle can see that happen. And by then all their first teamers will be back! :eek:

But luckily, they won't need to come out and score, score early and who knows.

But deep down we all know it's over and we all know what will happen. We will score 1st in 10 minutes, and a 2nd in the 89th. Win 2-0, go out on away goals and AW will praise our mental strength blah blah blah. Rinse and repeat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
x

I know what you did :lol: Looool I hold my hands up for that one!
At the end of the day, even if we were to get through, we'd just lose to whoever comes next anyway. There is no chance of this team ever pulling off an upset. That would require a mental strength that is basically the opposite of the Arsenal mentality.
3-1 unlucky hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Reply 2724
Original post by jam277
Honestly Welbeck in a better setup would get more goals. Seen worse players like Adebayor and Yakubu have high scoring seasons so why can't Welbeck do the same?

Adebayor a worse player? No way. His problem has always been attitude, never talent.

Welbeck has played in plenty of good teams, people keep making excuses for him. He was used wide for reasons that were obvious at the time, and are still obvious.

Sure he could have a good season and bang in 20, but he'd never maintain it. He's no Sturridge.
Reply 2725
Original post by Peggles_*
Wenger is a fraud, and we are stuck with this looney til 2017. Great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come support Man Utd. You're up north anyway, and your meltdowns are way more entertaining than Eboracums trolling ever was :smile:
Reply 2726
Original post by leinad2012
I don't want to be hard on Giroud because his record before yesterday was outstanding. He had an off day at the worst time possible but fully expect him to score this weekend.

I feel so sorry for Welbeck tho, I think everyone wants him to make it but he just isn't there, people on the united thread are right, for once, he's a £8mil Sunderland standard striker at best atm.

I think the issue with Mert is doesn't shows he cares and has admitted he's lost the drive needed. Ox was mortified when he was to Blane for the goal Mert doesn't look like he cares (same could be said for Ozil tbf but at least he isn't complete ****).

Tbh the midfield were awful too, so many misplaced passes. Wilshere performed well before his injury hopefully he can do the same in the next 5 games before he gets injured again.

We have to bounce back and smash Everton like 4-0 no celebrations after each goal, just ruthlessness

Pretty much agree with all of this.

One thing I don't understand is why the Ox never starts. He looks/looked a great prospect, but he needs the games to develop. I'd take him at Man Utd in an instant.

I like Giroud, he's a pretty decent player. Had a crap game, but that says nothing.
Original post by samba
Adebayor a worse player? No way. His problem has always been attitude, never talent.

They go hand in hand though. Poor attitude means you're less likely to press the ball back, less likely to bust a gut for a tap in etc.
Welbeck has played in plenty of good teams, people keep making excuses for him. He was used wide for reasons that were obvious at the time, and are still obvious.

That is true. he's a good backup striker I guess but that's it. He's great against terrible international teams though.

Sure he could have a good season and bang in 20, but he'd never maintain it. He's no Sturridge.

I'd think he's more a consistent 15 goal a season striker.

He's done it before.
Original post by samba
Come support Man Utd. You're up north anyway, and your meltdowns are way more entertaining than Eboracums trolling ever was :smile:

Lol you lot aren't doing any better, I think I'll pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stalin

He's done it before.

Look at the calibre of players we had then and now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2732
Original post by jam277

I'd think he's more a consistent 15 goal a season striker.

Only if played as a lone striker in a team like Swansea or Southampton or something. He can't exactly hold the ball up brilliantly either, so doubt that sort of team would care for him.

Lol you lot aren't doing any better, I think I'll pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True story, we're both **** :frown: I'd swap LVG for Wenger though. At least Wenger will retire soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loool things change. That's like still pondering over a long gone ex boyfriend. Can't believe we've got people like Artetz, Merta and Flamz in the squad. And two of them are Captain and Vice captain! Unbelievable.

Everytime I diss Artetz I feel bad cos he's a nice dude but seriously.

Also just a side note, kinda weird to see you here on a non match day :holmes:
Loool things change. That's like still pondering over a long gone ex boyfriend. Can't believe we've got people like Artetz, Merta and Flamz in the squad. And two of them are Captain and Vice captain! Unbelievable.

Everytime I diss Artetz I feel bad cos he's a nice dude but seriously.

Also just a side note, kinda weird to see you here on a non match day :holmes:

Things have changed for the worse. I hate us. This isn't the Arsenal I fell in love with, Flamini/Arteta are basically the 2015 equivalent of David Hillier and Ian Selley and they were awful.

I really don't care if they are nice people, they are not good enough.

I'm not working today and I'm still vex about yesterday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Lehmann, Cole, Campbell, Toure, Cygan, Ljungberg, Parlour, Edu, Pires, Kanu (Silva 73), Henry (Aliadiere 89).

Subs not used: Stack, Keown, Clichy, Papadopulos, Hoyte.

Our GK and defence was better - no doubt about it.

But our midfield/attack in that game isn't better than our strongest today. There was no Vieira or Bergkamp, and Gilberto only came on in the 73rd minute.

It was the Henry show, though. Which begs the question: can Alexis pull off a similar performance: couple of goals, assists and become by far and away our best player since the King?
Things have changed for the worse. I hate us. This isn't the Arsenal I feel in love with, Flamini/Arteta are basically the 2015 equivalent of David Hillier and Ian Selley and they were awful.

I really don't care if they are nice people, they are not good enough.

I'm not working today and I'm still vex about yesterday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oomph no chill from Pegs today!

I woke up feeling indifferent to it all tbh. I said to myself "Woah did we really just lose 3-1 to Monaco yesterday?" Yup.
I don't even know man, part of me wants to believe that we can do something for the second leg the other part of me is just saying what's the point it's an impossible task. I actually can't believe this has happened.

Well you see, before the Ro16 draw I said I would like us to be drawn with Bayern. Might as well. Then we wouldn't have this problem now would we.

FA Cup and CL hopes gone, just like that. Unreal :lol:
Original post by samba
True story, we're both **** :frown: I'd swap LVG for Wenger though. At least Wenger will retire soon.

Don't worry, you can both come and support Liverpool :wink:
Reply 2738
Original post by Lúcio
Don't worry, you can both come and support Liverpool :wink:

I'd honestly prefer to support Man City :| At least they're in Manchester and provide jobs and stuff to the area. Not to mention cheap season tickets.
Reply 2739
Oomph no chill from Pegs today!

I woke up feeling indifferent to it all tbh. I said to myself "Woah did we really just lose 3-1 to Monaco yesterday?" Yup.
I don't even know man, part of me wants to believe that we can do something for the second leg the other part of me is just saying what's the point it's an impossible task. I actually can't believe this has happened.

Well you see, before the Ro16 draw I said I would like us to be drawn with Bayern. Might as well. Then we wouldn't have this problem now would we.

FA Cup and CL hopes gone, just like that. Unreal :lol:

You've not seen how pathetic we are lately. I actually think you could beat us :/ Unless Di Maria decides to stop playing like a league 2 journeyman.

Latest