The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

I'm surprised people didn't like the leadership task--I think that was my strongest one. The interview on the other hand just went terribly--my examples were really silly and inconsequential/demonstrated massive privilege/were low-stakes--and the interviewer pretty much implied that at the end too by reminding me that I was only in my last year of uni and that most FSers get in on the 2nd or 3rd time. Did anyone else find everything they'd prepared for it just left their head the moment they sat down?
Going a bit crazy with the wait!!! I really hope we hear today/tomorrow!
Does anyone know any information about deferring a place for the Fast Stream? Say, for example, you are offered a position, is it possible to defer for one year to do a Masters degree?
I'm pretty sure they don't allow deferrals and will ask you to reapply next year, sorry!
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the feedback report? My FSAC was 3 weeks ago, and I found out that I was successful over 2 weeks ago now.
Original post by mapo_doufu
Does anyone know any information about deferring a place for the Fast Stream? Say, for example, you are offered a position, is it possible to defer for one year to do a Masters degree?

There are a few schemes you can defer for. For instance, TeachFirst. But Postgrad qualifications in general would not be a reason for deferral. And there's no guarantee that being successful one year will mean you would be successful when you reapply, so it's a risk.
(edited 9 years ago)
Mine changed to 'Awaiting results' this morning. Now begins the long wait...

Usually, no. You would need to reapply afterwards. It would be better to accept your place now and then take a year out later to study if you still wanted to do a masters later on. You could reapply again next year but you don't automatically re-qualify and there's a risk you might not be offered a place again.
Original post by f.burton
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the feedback report? My FSAC was 3 weeks ago, and I found out that I was successful over 2 weeks ago now.

If you mean the report on your performance at the FSAC, the online section says 'by mid-April'...

It's worth saying that although you wouldn't be able to defer it, you'd be able to pursue a MA (preferably part-time) at somewhere like Birkbeck quite easily with Flexi-time
And many schemes will offer the opportunity for postgrad qualifications as part of the scheme.
Reply 2289
Does anyone know if you can request your percentile scores for tests if you've been invited to FSAC?

A friend failed etray with better than 71 % - grim!
Original post by Lauws
Does anyone know if you can request your percentile scores for tests if you've been invited to FSAC?

A friend failed etray with better than 71 % - grim!

How did s/he find that out? I'd be interested to know my scores for the online tests.

I'm so impatient. I keep checking every half an hour or so but of course there's no change. Bah...
This has turned me into one of those people anxiously refreshing the page every couple of hours and panicking every time I get an email - I never used to be like this! Had my FSAC January 23rd and have been amber-banded ever since. Don't think I can take waiting another month!!
Original post by nicola1806
This has turned me into one of those people anxiously refreshing the page every couple of hours and panicking every time I get an email - I never used to be like this! Had my FSAC January 23rd and have been amber-banded ever since. Don't think I can take waiting another month!!

Mine was the same day and I couldn't tell you how many times I've refreshed...
Reply 2293
Original post by grownupfrog
How did s/he find that out? I'd be interested to know my scores for the online tests.

I'm so impatient. I keep checking every half an hour or so but of course there's no change. Bah...

You just send Parity a message requesting percentile scores. Although, as outlined in my original post, if you're hat is still in the ring as it were, I'm unsure whether they will release them......

- how this could possibly prejudice the process I don't know?

Perhaps they anticipate people swagging into FSAC demanding a job as they scored better than 90% of candidates in Verbal Reasoning :biggrin:
Original post by grownupfrog
Mine was the same day and I couldn't tell you how many times I've refreshed...

It's just to frustrating, even if they told me I was unsuccessful that would be better cause then I could make plans for what I'm going to do after graduation!
Original post by nicola1806

I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Original post by Charlie86520
I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I'm amazed the system isn't constantly crashing from the numbers of us who are refreshing so often!
Has anyone heard anything for the HR stream? I know there's not normally a lot of applicants so they might be waiting for more people to have the FSAC, but the waiting is just horrible...
Original post by cactusjr
Has anyone heard anything for the HR stream? I know there's not normally a lot of applicants so they might be waiting for more people to have the FSAC, but the waiting is just horrible...

Nothing for me, but there's been at least one on this thread

LOADS of people at my FSAC were for HR so I'm wondering now if it really is less popular...
Reply 2299
Guys - bands have been narrowed. Just found out I was successful for CD! Now time to prepare for my DAT FSB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending