The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rpennchambers
i'd assumed they'd written me off as i find it hard to believe NO ONE has heard from them. however that seems to be the case! can't believe it's taking them so long.

Do you know if they have Assessment Centres for their vac scheme? I looked at their website (as I couldn't believe it either) and it says they inform candidates in March. I assumed this was after an AC but like you said I haven't heard of anyone hearing!
seems white & case only send emails out at a weird time in the evening - maybe a couple more of us will hear from them later tonight!!
Reply 3782
Original post by LP23
Still waiting on RPC and BLP post application (RPC in early December and BLP late Jan). Assuming as I've seen interviews on here it's a PFO on both counts?

I'm still waiting for BLP too. Can't decide if its a rejection or a maybe pile!
has anyone heard back from Hill Dickinson post video interview?
Original post by LawTC
Still no news from Addleshaws post telephone interview. I completed it over 2 weeks ago!

I have just had an offer from AG for the Leeds Office after my assessment centre last week but they may all be different! Which office did you apply to?
Reply 3785
Has anyone taken the Bird & Bird video interview yet? I haven't heard back from them yet, but was wondering what type of questions they ask
does anyone have any tips for the Eversheds telephone interview?
Bird & Bird vid interview invite :smile:

Still nothing from Bakers... Anyone heard anything?
Bird & Bird video invite too! I was starting to lose hope :biggrin:
Original post by actusreus94
anyone heard from IM Manchester this week PLS? haven't seen any PFO's yet

Do you think it's worth emailing? They have to make a decision by tomorrow surely? First year applying to IM so don't really know how the firm works in terms of letting people know.

Someone must have had a PFO though, Leeds have definitely sent them.
I emailed Hill Dickinson and they said they were still short listing the video interviews and we'd hear in the next couple of weeks!
I just looked on the 2Birds online video link and the practice question gave two minutes to answer the question, do people reckon that I'll be safe to assume that all the questions will be 2 minutes long?

Original post by J-SP
I bet it will be 23.59 on Sunday so they can review it on the Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I reckon that'll be the case too.
Original post by Mal22
Milbank likes taking time they only sent me an invite three weeks after I applied! It's been two weeks since my interview and I still haven't heard back :/ x

Three weeks to get an interview invitation (which given the dates you say meant you applied quite close to the deadline!) is not that long.

Also, have you emailed to follow up? I know Milbank, they're a really nice firm, the HR guy is really friendly and down to earth (and actually seems to know his stuff and "get" the firm he works for) - I'd just email him.

Best of luck to everyone, I know how competitive it is!
Reply 3793
Do you reckon if you haven't heard back from IM by tomorrow it is a rejection?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cp778

I thought that, but a few of my friends have received rejections already. I really do not know what to make of it, especially as we were told we would hear by the 20th!
Original post by Cp778

Not necessarily, apparently they are still considering some applications....
Hi!

Does anyone know how to find out who a law firms main competitors are? I have gone from the Lex 500, but just wanted to see if there was a better way?
Reply 3797
Original post by LawStudent30
I thought that, but a few of my friends have received rejections already. I really do not know what to make of it, especially as we were told we would hear by the 20th!

Someone emailed HR and they said we'd definitely hear by this week..... So weird

Original post by Jingojango
Not necessarily, apparently they are still considering some applications....

So we could still be in the running?
Does anyone know the dates for the Bird & Bird summer scheme/s?
Hey guys! Just wanted to ask if any of you have gone through the DWF Face-to-Face interview. Do you know what sort of questions to expect and how to prepare for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending