The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Don't worry, you can both come and support Liverpool :wink:

:puke:

Original post by samba
You've not seen how pathetic we are lately. I actually think you could beat us :/ Unless Di Maria decides to stop playing like a league 2 journeyman.

Yeah..how come no one's slating ADM like they are Ozil. He's not even lived up to a quarter of his price tag :dry:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I know what you did :lol: Looool I hold my hands up for that one!

Hahahaha, knew you'd appreciate it. Just trying to claw back some self-respect after my laughable quote about us winning the league last season. We've all been there, LP.
Reply 2742
Original post by Lúcio
Oh this is glorious.
"If we played our error-prone, out of favour keeper, we would've easily found a result."

You were second best by a long way, suck it up and move on.

Scz is a very good shot stopper and would have saved the first and third goal. He is very error prone but is able to make good reflex saves.
The excuses for Giroud are bizarre and stupid. One guy even said if Giroud wasnt so good lucking i'd be pissed with him after last nights performance. Ill be honest I've never been a fan of his as everytime I watch his he loses the ball when he has time to think or pick out a pass or even dribble really. He seems to be pants outside the box but good at one touch finishes. It's weird because every arsenal team i've seen has had a good technical striker up top who could make his own chances but this is different with giroud.

His hold up play isnt even that good as when he's under pressure he 9/10 times loses the ball. I honestly believe a player similair to RVP was needed at the time of his departure someone like Jovetic who is skillfull and fast.
Original post by ETRC
Scz is a very good shot stopper and would have saved the first and third goal. He is very error prone but is able to make good reflex saves.

Look at the first goal again and look at the deflection. Every other teams fans have said there was nothing Ospina could have done for that but the Szcz ******s have made it Ospinas fault. The third goal he should have done better I agree.
Reply 2745
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
:puke:

Yeah..how come no one's slating ADM like they are Ozil. He's not even lived up to a quarter of his price tag :dry:

Di Maria is looking like a 10 mill players right now. He is doing a lot worse than Ozil and the media as usual are licking Man U's butt.
Arsenal and Chelsea are the most hated clubs by the media. If anything bad happens, the world is over.
Reply 2746
Original post by leinad2012
I don't want to be hard on Giroud because his record before yesterday was outstanding. He had an off day at the worst time possible but fully expect him to score this weekend.

I feel so sorry for Welbeck tho, I think everyone wants him to make it but he just isn't there, people on the united thread are right, for once, he's a £8mil Sunderland standard striker at best atm.

I think the issue with Mert is doesn't shows he cares and has admitted he's lost the drive needed. Ox was mortified when he was to Blane for the goal Mert doesn't look like he cares (same could be said for Ozil tbf but at least he isn't complete ****).

Tbh the midfield were awful too, so many misplaced passes. Wilshere performed well before his injury hopefully he can do the same in the next 5 games before he gets injured again.

We have to bounce back and smash Everton like 4-0 no celebrations after each goal, just ruthlessness

We have to win the games during the three weeks at least by 4 goal difference every time. The players have a **** mentality it pisses me off. I just want Sanchez go slap all these players in the face when they do not care about playing at all.
wilshere_3027006.jpg

It's written in the Stars for him to save our season now! Believe!
Reply 2748
Original post by e aí rapaz
At the end of the day, even if we were to get through, we'd just lose to whoever comes next anyway. There is no chance of this team ever pulling off an upset. That would require a mental strength that is basically the opposite of the Arsenal mentality.

Porto and Basel are still in it.
Original post by Numan786
Look at the first goal again and look at the deflection. Every other teams fans have said there was nothing Ospina could have done for that but the Szcz ******s have made it Ospinas fault. The third goal he should have done better I agree.

Szcz is quite agile. He's made quite a few saves were he has had to adjust his body after the ball takes a deflection, WBA away and Spurs at home last season spring to mind. He would of at least made an attempt to save it, not just stand there. He 100% saves the third goal, no doubt.

Will probably be in goal against Everton on Sunday, Ospina hasn't really taken this chance to claim the No1 spot.
Original post by Peggles_*
Szcz is quite agile. He's made quite a few saves were he has had to adjust his body after the ball takes a deflection, WBA away and Spurs at home last season spring to mind. He would of at least made an attempt to save it, not just stand there. He 100% saves the third goal, no doubt.

Will probably be in goal against Everton on Sunday, Ospina hasn't really taken this chance to claim the No1 spot.

TBH I preferred fabianksi to both of them as wenger even admitted himself Fabianski was the more talented keeper.
Original post by ETRC
Porto and Basel are still in it.

Would that be the same Basel who've done the double over Chelsea and knocked out Liverpool, Spurs & Manchester United in the past 4 years?

So much arrogance. Arsenal are the weakest team in the knockout draw and everyone knows it. Everyone knows how to beat them.
TBH I preferred fabianksi to both of them as wenger even admitted himself Fabianski was the more talented keeper.

Maybe so, but Flappyanski was too erratic, was always scared he would shin it into his own goal or something stupid like that! Ospina is basically a short, Columbian Almunia. and with Szczesny, you can see the ability but it's just the application that lets him down more often than not.

I personally think the problem is our GK Coach, Gerry Peyton. According to some of those closer to the club, he is terrible, why Lehmann or Seaman aren't at the club helping out in that department is beyond me.
Lets hope Real Madrid are stupid enough to sack Ancelotti and take Wenger of us. That way we can get Ancelotti.
Lets hope Real Madrid are stupid enough to sack Ancelotti and take Wenger of us. That way we can get Ancelotti.

lol dream on
Picking who you want to win out of Spurs vs Chelsea is like choosing if you wanna be 25th or 26th in a 50-man human centipede.
Original post by AR_95
lol dream on

Why not this is Real. They're capable of doing lots of stupid things for the luls.
Original post by Dr. Django
Picking who you want to win out of Spurs vs Chelsea is like choosing if you wanna be 25th or 26th in a 50-man human centipede.

Chelsea by a big distance man
Why not this is Real. They're capable of doing lots of stupid things for the luls.

Wenger doesn't have the same status he had in 2006.
Original post by AR_95
Wenger doesn't have the same status he had in 2006.

Good point but they're stupid enough to sack Ancelotti.

Latest