The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton

Adult Nursing University of Northampton September 2015

I'm thinking about going to the University of Northampton to study Adult Nursing, is anyone else? I'm due to start in September 2015!

Scroll to see replies

I am starting in March :smile:
Northampton
Reply 2
Have either of you had your interview yet? I've got mine this Friday :smile: If so, what sort of questions do they ask?
Reply 3
Original post by perfectday
I am starting in March :smile:

Have you had your interview yet? I've got mine this Friday How did it go? what sort of questions did they ask you?
Reply 4
Lots of scenario questions! They will pick scenarios out of a big pile, they are like who would be made priority from 2 different case studies. Why do you want to be a nurse and why this university :-)
Reply 5
Original post by Jadeber
Lots of scenario questions! They will pick scenarios out of a big pile, they are like who would be made priority from 2 different case studies. Why do you want to be a nurse and why this university :-)

That does't sound as scary as I imagined :smile: are you starting this March or next? I'm hoping to start next March if I get an offer. Do you remember what they asked you about the article they ask you to bring in?
Hi sorry saw this too late to be much good if your interview was today.
I am starting this March.....2 weeks to go eek!!
I have an interview next week any help much appreciated :smile:
Pretty much as abovr...scenarios which is difficult to really prepare for but not scary!
It was a small group interview which I found odd but not competetive like other group interviews I have had in the past.
They were very friendly so that made it easier.
Listen to what they ask and answer that question! You will get asked about experience etc so you do not need to say everything in your head and miss the point of the question.
Also they just asked us to talk about article. So think about what you want to say eg. Why you chose it.
Thank you so much for the information you provided it helped alot!

The interview was lovely and felt really relaxed. The wait is agonising though lol.

Has anyone got an offer for September? Xx
Reply 11
Hey, I've just seen this. I had my interview on the 13th and have had an offer :biggrin: very exciting!
Ooooo congratulations :biggrin: which branch?

I had mine on the 21st .. the said we'd find out this week .. i check track like every 5 mins haha.
Reply 13
Original post by // sandals
Ooooo congratulations :biggrin: which branch?

I had mine on the 21st .. the said we'd find out this week .. i check track like every 5 mins haha.

Adult nursing :smile: what about you? Are you from Northampton? Did you feel the interview went well?
I was trying not to think about it too much because I would've spent all day on track haha. They only took 4 days to reply, including a weekend so hopefully it will be the same for you :smile:
Original post by rw1516
Adult nursing :smile: what about you? Are you from Northampton? Did you feel the interview went well?
I was trying not to think about it too much because I would've spent all day on track haha. They only took 4 days to reply, including a weekend so hopefully it will be the same for you :smile:

Ive gone for adult nursing too based at mk hospital :smile:

I feel it went ok .. i feel like the other two people in my interview were such great candidates though so i cant imagine them picking me.

Northampton is my no1 choice though i dont want to go anywhere else!

Are you firming it? X
Reply 15
Ive gone for adult nursing too based at mk hospital :smile:

I feel it went ok .. i feel like the other two people in my interview were such great candidates though so i cant imagine them picking me.

Northampton is my no1 choice though i dont want to go anywhere else!

Are you firming it? X

I'm sure you'll be fine! I felt the same, the other girl in my interview had loads of experience and I have none yet so I was sure I wouldn't get in. I only applied for Northampton because I love close by, lucky I did get in!
Where abouts are you from? X
Original post by rw1516
I'm sure you'll be fine! I felt the same, the other girl in my interview had loads of experience and I have none yet so I was sure I wouldn't get in. I only applied for Northampton because I love close by, lucky I did get in!
Where abouts are you from? X

Oh wow im the same no health care experience!! But i tried to show all the things ive done within my job which i feel will help me. I feel loads more positive now after hearing your story!

I live in Buckingham so mk is just down the road. . Also it was my stay there with my daughter that started this whole journey!

Hopefully ill know by the end of tomorrow and i can go back to actually doing my college work haha.
Reply 17
Oh wow im the same no health care experience!! But i tried to show all the things ive done within my job which i feel will help me. I feel loads more positive now after hearing your story!

I live in Buckingham so mk is just down the road. . Also it was my stay there with my daughter that started this whole journey!

Hopefully ill know by the end of tomorrow and i can go back to actually doing my college work haha.

Did you tell them that about your daughter? How old is she?
I've got a son who I talked about and I think that helped too :smile:
Original post by rw1516
Did you tell them that about your daughter? How old is she?
I've got a son who I talked about and I think that helped too :smile:

Yea i spoke a little about her and said it was ward 5 and my week long observation of the nurses that got me thinking. That was 5 years ago lol.

I think i said some really cringey things aswell :biggrin:
Reply 19
Yea i spoke a little about her and said it was ward 5 and my week long observation of the nurses that got me thinking. That was 5 years ago lol.

I think i said some really cringey things aswell :biggrin:

Haha yep so did I, I felt so silly when I came out! Well good luck, I hope you get on :smile: let us know when you find out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending