The Student Room Group

How do people revise Psychology?

Im doing aqa Psy at A2 level and in the very early stages of revision. I just wanted to hear what others do to revise for psy and how they remember all the names and studies. Wanna hear some ideas cus last year i struggled to remember all the names and studies!!

Scroll to see replies

I was going to ask the same question, but I'm at AS level.
What techniques did you use to revise at AS level?
I wrote notes based on the textbook, recorded them and played them as I was doing housework or walking to college, and I also made wall charts for each topic, in bright colours, that I stuck up in my room and looked at as often as I could.
Reply 3
flash cards
and recorded my voice lol

(day before the exam study tekkerz)
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I wrote notes based on the textbook, recorded them and played them as I was doing housework or walking to college, and I also made wall charts for each topic, in bright colours, that I stuck up in my room and looked at as often as I could.

This is really helpful thank you so much :biggrin:
Another thing how did you get all the motivation to do it?
Original post by Dinaa
flash cards
and recorded my voice lol

(day before the exam study tekkerz)

How did you get time to do your flash cards amongst all the homework?
Reply 6
Original post by cookie_mucher98
How did you get time to do your flash cards amongst all the homework?

Don't get homework. Flashcards don't take long.
Important information, bang on.
Or information you struggle with.

Das all b
Original post by Dinaa
Don't get homework. Flashcards don't take long.
Important information, bang on.
Or information you struggle with.

Das all b

Ok thats cool thanks for the advice
Learn model essay answers
Reply 9
Hey, I had the same problem.
It depends on what kind of learner you are; visual or just writing

I am a combination to be frank; so i find myself, after every sub-section (3 studies) i make flash cards (writing aspect) then consolidate what i just wrote by teaching myself or even voice recording - I have recently started using a whiteboard and it really helps!!!!! Make 10 bullet points from memory of a study :smile:
For the visual aspect - i have made posters with loads of bright colour to stand out and are stuck around my room, so when i 'procrastinate' i end up reading whats on my wall :smile:
I find past papers help too, to understand what the questions are like and the structure

hope this helps :smile: xxx
Original post by daisychain_
Learn model essay answers

Where can i find model essay answers?
Don't they all ask you to pay to read the rest of the essay?
Get a textbook or revision guide and make your own :smile:
Original post by Nemo.1
Hey, I had the same problem.
It depends on what kind of learner you are; visual or just writing

I am a combination to be frank; so i find myself, after every sub-section (3 studies) i make flash cards (writing aspect) then consolidate what i just wrote by teaching myself or even voice recording - I have recently started using a whiteboard and it really helps!!!!! Make 10 bullet points from memory of a study :smile:
For the visual aspect - i have made posters with loads of bright colour to stand out and are stuck around my room, so when i 'procrastinate' i end up reading whats on my wall :smile:
I find past papers help too, to understand what the questions are like and the structure

hope this helps :smile: xxx

Really great advice :biggrin: :smile:
Though I don't know if it was meant for me haha :smile:

Psychology is something I found really interesting. In fact I enjoyed all of my A Levels (music and Eng lang, and history AS) so motivation wasn't an issue. Psych was my favourite though - I have a degree in it now :biggrin:.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Psychology is something I found really interesting. In fact I enjoyed all of my A Levels (music and Eng lang, and history AS) so motivation wasn't an issue. Psych was my favourite though - I have a degree in it now :biggrin:.

Haha ok then!
Thank you for the advice :')
Reply 15
Really great advice :biggrin: :smile:
Though I don't know if it was meant for me haha :smile:

oh hahaha, it applies to AS psychology too!
I did that for my AS
I am re-sitting that exam too, quite stressful right now with the re-sit
But i find that i am much more better at it after A2 because im stuck into it and know how to evaluate and write questions if that makes sense? So i did all my revision, all im doing for that now is past papers - focusing on section A, didnt score as higher as expected. Section b/c aced :smile:

At the end of my revision timetable i have a picture of liverpool (my first choice uni) and pics of amsterdam and France which are my 2 holiday destinations. Whenever i need motivation i just think 3 months of hard work and then ill be in these places!!!!
Reply 17
Original post by Alexalex1503
Im doing aqa Psy at A2 level and in the very early stages of revision. I just wanted to hear what others do to revise for psy and how they remember all the names and studies. Wanna hear some ideas cus last year i struggled to remember all the names and studies!!

I was going to ask the same question, but I'm at AS level.
What techniques did you use to revise at AS level?

okay so i did A-level psychology (and i'm doing it at uni right now).
when it comes to a content-based A-level like Psychology, repetition is key.

it's very difficult to do well if you barely revise; you need to go over and refresh things fairly regularly.
associative learning and the use of triggers worked very well for me however it really does depend on how you mind works as an individual.

when it comes to remembering research and names, the content is by far the most essential thing.
people worry way too much about remembering researcher names that in the end their memory of the important content is hindered.
if you revise and refresh, the name of the researcher will pop up when you think of the research, or conversely the research information will pop up when you think of the name.
like i said, it depends how you learn however repetition is absolutely essential, especially at a-level :smile:
Original post by Alexalex1503
At the end of my revision timetable i have a picture of liverpool (my first choice uni) and pics of amsterdam and France which are my 2 holiday destinations. Whenever i need motivation i just think 3 months of hard work and then ill be in these places!!!!

Original post by Lúcio
okay so i did A-level psychology (and i'm doing it at uni right now).
when it comes to a content-based A-level like Psychology, repetition is key.

it's very difficult to do well if you barely revise; you need to go over and refresh things fairly regularly.
associative learning and the use of triggers worked very well for me however it really does depend on how you mind works as an individual.

when it comes to remembering research and names, the content is by far the most essential thing.
people worry way too much about remembering researcher names that in the end their memory of the important content is hindered.
if you revise and refresh, the name of the researcher will pop up when you think of the research, or conversely the research information will pop up when you think of the name.
like i said, it depends how you learn however repetition is absolutely essential, especially at a-level :smile:

Both great pieces of advice
Thank you I appreciate it :smile:
Currently revising for AS and Loopa textbooks are amazing!

Www.loopa.co.uk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest