The Student Room Group

D of E Silver

Has anyone completed their silver
d of e?
i would just like to know more about the expedition and how you feel it went
Reply 1
I have completed my silver DofE and am currently doing my gold award.
Regarding the expedition, it's a bit longer - 3 days if I can remember! so you have to be more careful with what you pack regarding clothes and food, try and cut down on what you take.
Regarding the other sections, just make sure that you do something you like, because you're going to be spending at least an hour a week doing it and make sure that you have an assessor who you can contact regularly.
I really enjoyed it and it's really beneficial :-)
Reply 2
Original post by izzyll
I have completed my silver DofE and am currently doing my gold award.
Regarding the expedition, it's a bit longer - 3 days if I can remember! so you have to be more careful with what you pack regarding clothes and food, try and cut down on what you take.
Regarding the other sections, just make sure that you do something you like, because you're going to be spending at least an hour a week doing it and make sure that you have an assessor who you can contact regularly.
I really enjoyed it and it's really beneficial :-)

Ok, thank you! I'm direct silver so I've decided to do my skill for 12 months, physical for 3 and volunteering for 6.
So I've been doing my volunteering for almost three months, and I was just wondering is it possible I can take a month break from it for exams?
Thank you for the help xx
I completed my DofE from bronze to gold.

The bronze and silver expeditions were hard as ****. I was a lazy guy who did so little exercise cos I couldn't be arsed.

Before gold I got into running, cycling, hiking, mountain biking and weightlifting. So I was very active and my gold expedition was a breeze. It was very, very easy.

Basically just make sure you're fit and it will be a lot of fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by reallydontknow
I completed my DofE from bronze to gold.

The bronze and silver expeditions were hard as ****. I was a lazy guy who did so little exercise cos I couldn't be arsed.

Before gold I got into running, cycling, hiking, mountain biking and weightlifting. So I was very active and my gold expedition was a breeze. It was very, very easy.

Basically just make sure you're fit and it will be a lot of fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, thanks for the help!
If you don't mind me asking, what did you do that prepared yourself and made yourself fit for gold?
Also, would it be acceptable if I had a break from one of my activities and carried it back on after a month or so?
Thank you for your help
Original post by Sonia101
Ok, thanks for the help!
If you don't mind me asking, what did you do that prepared yourself and made yourself fit for gold?
Also, would it be acceptable if I had a break from one of my activities and carried it back on after a month or so?
Thank you for your help

I listed it all but the main thing I did was actually weightlifting th workers were just hobbies I took up and didn't do often, but I went weightlifting 4-7 times a week.

I'm not sure you have to ask a supervisor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Sonia101
Ok, thank you! I'm direct silver so I've decided to do my skill for 12 months, physical for 3 and volunteering for 6.
So I've been doing my volunteering for almost three months, and I was just wondering is it possible I can take a month break from it for exams?
Thank you for the help xx

I'm sure that you can, I took a break from my volunteering for 6 weeks because it stopped over the summer holidays. As long as you do 3 months then that's all that matters, and you get it signed off :-)x

Quick Reply

Latest