The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinjaPandaa
Well I got what would be full ums in c3 and c4 and then a C in m2 hahaha :colondollar: but if I got that in the summer I'd get an a* so it's chilled aha

So I'm super happy with the pure maths but obviously need to work on mechanics because I'm just so bad at it

Well done!! I still have no idea how UMS works, what is it for?

Do you do physics as well? I find people who do Physics tend to find Mechanics fairly straightforward.

I'm doing Scottish Highers/Advanced Highers and we just get a raw mark - the grade boundary is either shifted up or down depending on the difficulty of the exam.
Reply 3121
Woop woop well done!! Is this going to be your firm choice? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! Sooo chuffed, was sure of a LSE rejection after I got rejected by Cam. It definitely will be my firm choice:biggrin:
Original post by Princepieman
Well done!! I still have no idea how UMS works, what is it for?

Do you do physics as well? I find people who do Physics tend to find Mechanics fairly straightforward.

I'm doing Scottish Highers/Advanced Highers and we just get a raw mark - the grade boundary is either shifted up or down depending on the difficulty of the exam.

Nope I don't do physics so everything in mechanics is pretty new to me and I just do not understand it at all

Ah ok well ums just averages everything out depending on the exam so that ums is directly comparable year on year

Original post by sr-96
Thanks!! Sooo chuffed, was sure of a LSE rejection after I got rejected by Cam. It definitely will be my firm choice:biggrin:
LSE is so fab for economics and it's in London so you'll have a great time :biggrin:
Reply 3123
Nope I don't do physics so everything in mechanics is pretty new to me and I just do not understand it at all

Ah ok well ums just averages everything out depending on the exam so that ums is directly comparable year on year

LSE is so fab for economics and it's in London so you'll have a great time :biggrin:

Thank you!:smile: And I think I've said it before, but congrats on your Cam offer:biggrin:
Congratulations!!! Where are you insuring? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you very much! and well done on your cambridge offer! In an ideal world it ould be UCL but seeing as they are the same grades that would be beyond pointless haha. Think I will insure Nottingham!
Original post by tomixox
thank you very much! and well done on your cambridge offer! In an ideal world it ould be UCL but seeing as they are the same grades that would be beyond pointless haha. Think I will insure Nottingham!

Yay!! Notts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomixox

Haha thank you :biggrin:

I really liked Nottingham and if they'd have given me an aabb offer not a*abb offer they'd almost certainly be my insurance :biggrin:
Original post by sr-96
omg I got an offer from LSE for economics. :eek::eek::eek:

Congrats!! If there's anyone who deserves an offer it's you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3128
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Congrats!! If there's anyone who deserves an offer it's you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! That's very kind:smile:
Reply 3129
MANZ GOT AN OFFER FROM UCL YO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fha96

Same see you at the open day home boi!!!!!!!!
[QUOTE="masterhabs;53954881"]
Original post by fha96

Nice one guys, same here absolutely buzzing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3132
Original post by masterhabs

[QUOTE="Follett;53955437"]

Original post by masterhabs

Nice one guys, same here absolutely buzzing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice one lads!! You got all your replies yet? I'm still waiting for Warwick but ain't nobody got time for that when u got an offer from UCL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also got UCL offer :biggrin:
What are you guys firming/insuring?
So did all you guys get "offers" from UCL today as in you've already attended open days? Just want some clarification :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3135
Original post by abccba120
So did all you guys get "offers" from UCL today as in you've already attended open days? Just want some clarification :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, otherwise we wouldn't all be so happy- offer conditional on open day- not on UCAS track. Also got offer today- will be firming UCL!
Original post by pat.bateman

Congrats!:biggrin:
Original post by sr234
Congrats!:biggrin:

Reply 3138
Original post by pat.bateman

Congrats man! I'm firming UCL and insuring Notts if I don't decide to take a gap year. What about you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fha96
Congrats man! I'm firming UCL and insuring Notts if I don't decide to take a gap year. What about you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats to you too :smile: i think im gonna do the same, not 100% sure though
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending