The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TornadoGR4
Think people are being a bit harsh on Welbeck. Yeah, perhaps he isn't the quality of Man Utd or Arsenal but I'd say he's better than Sunderland standard. Mid table and upper.

Not saying much..
Original post by AR_95
Chelsea by a big distance man

As much as I hate Tottenham (I do want Chelsea to win as the thought of spuds winning anything is just horrific)...Chelsea are just a scummy club from top to bottom.

Owner: Scum
Manager: Scum
fans : scum
Captain: scum

...even their TSR posters are *****.
Nearly cried today. CL dream RIP
Original post by Baalaje31
Nearly cried today. CL dream RIP

Having seen the English record in the Champions League since the current format was introduced (2003-04), I see that
-Liverpool won the CL once, bowed out in the group stage twice and weren't even in the competition for five of the 12 seasons
-Man Utd won the CL once, bowed out in the group stage twice and weren't in this season's competition
-Chelsea won the CL once, bowed out in the group stage once and have been in the competition for each of the 12 seasons
-Arsenal... never bowed out in the group stage since 2003, have been in the competition for each of the 12 seasons, but never won the CL (been in one final)

What's worse, the other three have all contested at least 2 finals
CLAUDE IS ON TALKSPORTDRIVE!

Hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
CLAUDE IS ON TALKSPORTDRIVE!

Hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao "Wenger could sleep with TY'S wife and he'd say its positive" hahaha
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samba
Pretty much agree with all of this.

One thing I don't understand is why the Ox never starts. He looks/looked a great prospect, but he needs the games to develop. I'd take him at Man Utd in an instant.

I like Giroud, he's a pretty decent player. Had a crap game, but that says nothing.

He's only recently come back from injury I think.

The problem with ox is that no one really knows where he fits in the squad, is he a trusted b2b cm, or a defensive minded winger or an attacking minded winger? He's very direct and will score the odd worldly like yesterday but is he better than Walcott when it comes to making runs to split the defense?

I really rate him but with Sanchez Walcott and Welbeck (who will be played because we've payed for him) and to many cm players mean he's not getting enough action.

Id go as far as saying drop Ozil Sanchez mert ospina and welbeck for Everton and bring in Gab Sczs Walcott Ox and Wilshere (fitness provided otherwise Rosicky), its harsh but it needs to be done, the defensive players aren't good enough and Ozil and Sanchez need a rest/ to be man managed better so they don't get fatigued and stop making an impact
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dr. Django
As much as I hate Tottenham (I do want Chelsea to win as the thought of spuds winning anything is just horrific)...Chelsea are just a scummy club from top to bottom.

Owner: Scum
Manager: Scum
fans : scum
Captain: scum

...even their TSR posters are *****.

[video="youtube;6O3O4fXAg_g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O3O4fXAg_g[/video]
Original post by Dr. Django
Picking who you want to win out of Spurs vs Chelsea is like choosing if you wanna be 25th or 26th in a 50-man human centipede.

that seems like an easy choice? You always want to be nearer the front surely.. as things only get worse as everything travels downards..
Original post by Stalin
And that's Wenger's fault? Or the fact our team didn't do **** after going 1-0 up?

Bellerin was OK imo. Mertesacker was a shower of ****e, and nah you didn't mention him in your post.

Hopefully Gabriel comes good and can partner Koscielny? Two quick CBs is essential in today's game. Mertesacker may have the height, but his tortoise-esque speed is ridiculous. He should be on a basketball court.

I agree with Schneiderlin and Kondogbia, and I'm the first to say that we need to buy a CDM before any other position.

Carvalho seems like a load of hype, though.

They all had an effect imo, we were just unlucky in front of goal.

Seriously, we must have set a record for number of balls in and around their six yard box without a goal (until Ox's screamer).

The problem with two up top is Ozil, who Arsene is building the team around. I'm all for playing Giroud and Welbz up top with Alexis and Theo on the wings, but we'd get steamrolled in midfield.

Of course Benzema/Giroud would be a much better strike-force than Giroud/Welbz, but why on Earth would Benzema leave Real Madrid? And whilst we're at fairytales, why would Cavani leave PSG when Ibra's done in 1.5 years?

Martinez was/is £30m+.

Bony was always CIty bound.

Mandzukic isn't a massive upgrade on Giroud.

Remy I agree with - we should have signed him for £7m. Great speed and can play on the wing.

Brand new stadium. Debt under control.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about if you're rating Wenger's managerial ability on his last ten years at the club.

There's a reason Real, Bayern, PSG and the French national team bent over backwards/are still ready to bend over backwards for him (with the exception of Bayern now who have Pep).

lol you've pretty much agreed with most of my points anyway so don't know why you wanted to quote. Also I'm not sure how or in what way Arsene is building the team around Ozil yet. One thing I can say is Alexis's game is being hindered for covering up for Ozil's lack of work rate. Look how deep Sanchez haz to play now I think it's such a waste.

Also I didn't mention Benzema/Cavani's name. You did.
Bony was not City bound last summer. Swansea wanted 20m and he's very much worth that price tag especially when you compare it to the other transfers.
I don't care if Mandzukic isn't a massive upgrade on Giroud. He's at the same level, if not better. He is a massive upgrade on Welbeck however and what we really needed was a partner for Giroud. Remy has done more for Chelsea than Welbeck has for us and yet he's starting almost every game. Remy was also around half the price like you've said so my point stands.

Great, a brand new stadium and debt under control but nothing to show for it. We bottled the league last year and we lost the league this year within the first two months. We've also just lost 3-1 to a Ligue 1 side that isn't even challenging. There were no excuses for Wenger considering he had plenty of cash and options in the summer as you've already stated. Also leave out the dig, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I am not judging Wenger solely on the 9 year trophy drought but I am judging him on the way last season and this season has been. There is more than enough evidence to show that we are not progressing with Wenger. This idea that Real Madrid/Bayern or PSG would bend over for Wenger is a myth. That statement hasn't been true for a few years now.
Original post by Lúcio
Who justifies their price the least, Di Maria or Özil?

They've both been underwhelming but i'm more disappointed with Ozil
oh my days..

The one thing you can always count on as an arsenal fan:

No matter how **** we do.. spurs will always make us feel good for doing worse.

'Hey arsenal.. I see your going to be knocked out of the CL by monaco? Cool.. how about we cheer up your week by being dumped out of europa by fiorentina? will that make things better?'

Love you spurs.

(Bonus points: Liverpool currently loosing to besiktas, and drawing on agregate)
Original post by AR_95
lol you've pretty much agreed with most of my points anyway so don't know why you wanted to quote.

I agreed with some, not most - otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Also I'm not sure how or in what way Arsene is building the team around Ozil yet. One thing I can say is Alexis's game is being hindered for covering up for Ozil's lack of work rate. Look how deep Sanchez haz to play now I think it's such a waste.

The fact Ozil cost £42.5m - our record signing - and that Cesc wasn't bought is a pretty big hint that the team is being build around him.

Alexis should be played up front if Ozil starts imo.

Also I didn't mention Benzema/Cavani's name. You did.

Difference is you think there's a chance that we can lure and afford one of them.

It's nice to dream.

Which world class striker should we sign in the summer?

Bony was not City bound last summer. Swansea wanted 20m and he's very much worth that price tag especially when you compare it to the other transfers.
I don't care if Mandzukic isn't a massive upgrade on Giroud. He's at the same level, if not better. He is a massive upgrade on Welbeck however and what we really needed was a partner for Giroud.

Neither are 'world class', which is what we need, right?

Remy has done more for Chelsea than Welbeck has for us and yet he's starting almost every game. Remy was also around half the price like you've said so my point stands.

Remy isn't your point - every Arsenal fan with half a brain wanted him.

Great, a brand new stadium and debt under control but nothing to show for it.

We had to balance the costs of the stadium with our squad by buying average players and yet we finished in the top four every year.

That's pretty impressive.

We bottled the league last year and we lost the league this year within the first two months. We've also just lost 3-1 to a Ligue 1 side that isn't even challenging. There were no excuses for Wenger considering he had plenty of cash and options in the summer as you've already stated. Also leave out the dig, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I am not judging Wenger solely on the 9 year trophy drought but I am judging him on the way last season and this season has been. There is more than enough evidence to show that we are not progressing with Wenger.

Are you suggesting Wenger out? If so, who should replace him?

This idea that Real Madrid/Bayern or PSG would bend over for Wenger is a myth. That statement hasn't been true for a few years now.

Do you honestly believe that Lauren ****ing Blanc is a better coach/manager/director of football/businessman and has the same experience as Wenger?

Ancelotti replaced Mourinho, but guess who Perez wanted if Carlo turned him down?

Who did Bayern want to replace LvG? Who did they want if Guardiola rejected their offer?

The French national team want him after every major tournament too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stalin

Do you honestly believe that Lauren ****ing Blanc is a better coach/manager/director of football/businessman and has the same experience as Wenger?

Ancelotti replaced Mourinho, but guess who Perez wanted if Carlo turned him down?

Who did Bayern want to replace LvG? Who did they want if Guardiola rejected their offer?

The French national team want him after every major tournament too.

That's incredible insight you have there. Who's your source?

Bet it's Indykaila
Who went to the game last night? Shower of sh*t performance orchestrated by an incompetant manager imo, tactically inept.

Giroud's l'equipe interview was top notch stand up tbh
Original post by The Shed End
That's incredible insight you have there. Who's your source?

Bet it's Indykaila

Cba to respond to him anymore tbh
Original post by Arkasia
Wut? Walcott was one of our few decent players tonight, and Arteta has been solid whenever he hasn't been injured.

Agree with Flamini though, he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt anymore.

Giroud should be fined for his performance tonight, but which striker do you have in mind?

Benzema would be perfect, Cavani?, Dybala, Falcao? Martinez, Bacca and Lacazette!
I feel Walcott is only good for counter play and I feel he lacks the power which Chamberlain shows!
liverpool maybe going out on pens.. spurs already out..

Its just beautiful.. thank you guys, for making me feel better about yesterday!

Spoiler

Reply 2779
Original post by fallen_acorns
liverpool maybe going out on pens.. spurs already out..

Its just beautiful.. thank you guys, for making me feel better about yesterday!

Spoiler

You always speak before the game ends..

And it always goes the oppostie way bro

:frown:

Latest