University College London
London

The UCL PPE thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by ooftar
Just got an offer!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

congratulations! what was your offer? and do you mind sharing your predicted grades?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by dvnh
congratulations! what was your offer? and do you mind sharing your predicted grades?

Thank you! The offer is A*AA (A* in maths). My GCSE's are 6A* 3A 1B. AS AAAA and I'm predicted A*A*AA (maths,physics,history,econ)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 562
Original post by ooftar
Thank you! The offer is A*AA (A* in maths). My GCSE's are 6A* 3A 1B. AS AAAA and I'm predicted A*A*AA (maths,physics,history,econ)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, that's impressive grades! Did you apply for the economics stream then?
Original post by dvnh
Wow, that's impressive grades! Did you apply for the economics stream then?

I did. They sent me an email two weeks ago asking me which stream I wanted to go into in the second and third years. ☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 564
Original post by ooftar
I did. They sent me an email two weeks ago asking me which stream I wanted to go into in the second and third years. ☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh cool. Congratulations, again :smile: I bet it'll be really good!
Original post by ooftar
Just got an offer!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by economicsrocks
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Thank you!! ☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just withdrew my app for PPE! Got an offer from LSE for Politics and IR and couldn't wait any longer for a decision that would have probably been a rejection~
Reply 568
Does anyone know if there is a questionnaire for PPE? I think most other subjects have a questionnaire?
Reply 569
No I don't think there is one for PPE , at least I didn't receive one and haven't heard of any other to do so. I guess they don't have one for it cause it's a new course so they might start with that in the next years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 570
just emailed them about my application. wonder how long it takes them so respond.
Original post by saysay
just emailed them about my application. wonder how long it takes them so respond.

I was thinking of doing the same. It's nearly March now, pretty sure all other Russell Groups finished up offers months ago. Last year Oxford were last to reply to me and that was January!
Original post by saysay

I'm wondering if i should withdraw my application--I'm definitely firming lse and the earlier I apply for financial aid there (which I can do only if I firm) the better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 573
Perhaps Ucl's plan was to get loads of withdrawals to make decisions easier. I know I personally couldn't wait for a decision I didn't care about when I lnew I was firming lse and many others seem the same
Original post by Askaud
Perhaps Ucl's plan was to get loads of withdrawals to make decisions easier. I know I personally couldn't wait for a decision I didn't care about when I lnew I was firming lse and many others seem the same

That would be really unprofessional for UCL to do that. I really hope that wasn't their plan, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
Reply 575
Original post by sellerofdreams
I'm wondering if i should withdraw my application--I'm definitely firming lse and the earlier I apply for financial aid there (which I can do only if I firm) the better

Posted from TSR Mobile

well if you are def going to lse it would probably be the polite thing to do because someone else who is planning on firming ucl will be able to receive your spot. i think they truly are waiting for withdrawals from people who got better spots and then they will start accepting people. i emailed them and it was very uncertain when they will be responding. they said that we will know by march 31 but untll then if my application is still being considered i willl just have to wait and hope they get to it.
So are they just being slow, or am I the dregs at the bottom of the barrel about to be rejected?
Original post by Haza2012
So are they just being slow, or am I the dregs at the bottom of the barrel about to be rejected?

They are just slow. If you were the dregs at the bottom of the barrel, they would have had to have identified you as the dregs at the bottom of the barrel, and would thus have rejected you anyway. They will get to all of us, I'm sure. :smile:
anyone heard anything new yet ? :P
it's really getting ridiculous :biggrin:
Nope, heard absolutely nothing...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending