The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
No more alimony
Anyone who doesn't get a minimum of C grade in GCSE Maths should be put to death.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Anyone who doesn't get a minimum of C grade in GCSE Maths should be put to death.

And what about gcse physics? Dont forget about physics, naughty naughty

Posted from TSR Mobile

Holy ****
Original post by kutub al sittah
And what about gcse physics? Dont forget about physics, naughty naughty

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics isn't essential, though it wouldn't hurt people if they were forced to learn some basic Newtonian mechanics.
Physics isn't essential, though it wouldn't hurt people if they were forced to learn some basic Newtonian mechanics.

Yeh, v = u+at and all that shabang

And f=ma

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kutub al sittah
Yeh, v = u+at and all that shabang

And f=ma

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yep:
Racism is a perpetual phenomena and society will not be cleansed from this for another 100 years
We should all be taught a second language from the age of 5 onwards, is ridiculous the lack of language skills us British people have compared to those around the continent.
Original post by Nickierose21
Abortion should be illegal.

Farmers should not farm commercially and it should have a lot more restrictions. More people should be encouraged to hunt and domestic animals encouraged to be integrated with wild life.

Do I need to go on further on about this?

Then how are we to eat? Hunt what? Pigeons and Sparrows?
Original post by Reue
Child benefit should be scrapped. If you can't afford them; don't have them.

If you have them when you can't afford to support them then you are committing a form of child abuse and authorities should intervene.

You realise that would be like 70% of the population? We'd turn into Japan.
Original post by OU Student
But on the flip side, a lot of people only have one or two children because that's all they can afford. Meanwhile, there are people who have children after children because they know the state will pay for them. And then whinge when they have to find work.:rolleyes:

Do you also write for the Daily Mail? This is exactly the sort of thing I expect to see on the front of their dreadful paper each day.
We shouldn't be sending everyone to university. Not everyone is cut out for it, not everyone is smart enough, and not everyone will get much out of it. We still need people to fix leaky pipes and roofs, to mow the lawn, to drive your kids to school on the bus. If you want to go to a trade school to be an auto mechanic, and that's your thing, more power to you. Do what you love and do it well. If you want to get a job straight away instead of continuing your education, you should be able to do that, without scorn or unsolicited "advice" encouraging you to go study somewhere you don't want to go, taking on debt you may not be able to repay. The push to send everyone to university no matter what is ridiculous. I believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to go to university, but they definitely shouldn't be failures if they can't or don't want to.
Sharia law :colondollar:
Original post by ColonelJafar
Sharia law :colondollar:

What about it
Original post by Black Cat
The review of all new 3,600 EU laws introduced since 2010 which hamper the UK and the unnecessary demands by the EU e.g debts

Removal of bedroom tax
Employment in favour of UK nationals over EU nationals and international workers.

Just name a few things.

Pretty sure it does already, you've got a major advantage if you're seeking work in the UK over foreign nationals. But even if it wasn't there, we are in an age of globalisation, should it not matter more the ability of the person rather than their nationality? Unless we iz all well right wing an dat?..
Original post by MattyR2895
Whether you're male or female, you can consent to sex no matter how drunk you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't agree with this as I believe you're in an altered state of mind, however, it is a difficult debate as if I say that then you might ask if I think murder under the influence (for instance) is an acquittable offence? Which I don't.

I think it's hard to draw the line between intent and general drunkenness, people can be very different whilst drunk.
(edited 9 years ago)
Homophobic people are disgusting rodents
Original post by TheTruthTeller
New controversial view of the day: I think the government should encourage people who have gotten pregnant to get an abortion IF they cannot look after the child after it has been born. It is a burden on society to expect the state to pay for your child and I think you should only have children if AT THE TIME you are socially and economically stable.

The defence budget is a burden on society. Sell dem Nuclear Submarines £10bn each or something ridiculous like that.
Original post by Tom78
I don't agree with this as I believe you're in an altered state of mind, however, it is a difficult debate as if I say that then you might ask if I think murder under the influence (for instance) is an acquittable offence? Which I don't.

I think it's hard to draw the line between intent and general drunkenness, people can be very different whilst drunk.

Why then can you be charged for drunk driving?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest