The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Greenwich University Adult Nursing 2015 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes it's basic gcse maths. Division, subtraction, addition; multiplication. Not long divisions and no hard questions. It's all basic. I think it's about 15 questions and you have to get 10 right. Or might be 25 and get 20 right. I can't remmeber correctly.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 21
In the English assessment you will have to write an essay. The questions differ all the time. But the most important thing they are looking for is the way you structure your essay, punctuations, Etc. Once you are able to do that, you will be fine.
Original post by tobisky247
Yes it's basic gcse maths. Division, subtraction, addition; multiplication. Not long divisions and no hard questions. It's all basic. I think it's about 15 questions and you have to get 10 right. Or might be 25 and get 20 right. I can't remmeber correctly.

It's 18/25 for the maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh okay all the best and good luck. am sure you will be fine. i know its hard to decide. but i decided based on distance as well as what Greenwich has to offer. i have a few friends who started last year and they are all enjoying it. what other universities have you applied to.

That's a smart choice. Greenwich is actually good. There are things I like about the university as well, especially the placements.

I also applied for Middlesex, King's, southbank and city. I was unsuccessful for the last 3 because I was either 2 or 3 marks off the maths test, and I got an offer from Middlesex. :smile:

Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I applied to southbank, kings, Canterbury and Greenwich. I went for Greenwich assesment first and interview, once I got the offer come through i withdrew from the rest of them. Kings was taking to long and I wasn't very optmiistic about getting anything from them. I changed my mind about South bank because my freinds who are there are always stressed out compared to the ones at greenwich. Once I withdrew from all i firmed my choice and need no insurance choice as I already made up my mind I'll start and finish in Greenwich.
The reputation is good and they are quite high in the league table of universities.
How far away from Greenwich and Middlesex are you? I don't really know much about them.
I applied to southbank, kings, Canterbury and Greenwich. I went for Greenwich assesment first and interview, once I got the offer come through i withdrew from the rest of them. Kings was taking to long and I wasn't very optmiistic about getting anything from them. I changed my mind about South bank because my freinds who are there are always stressed out compared to the ones at greenwich. Once I withdrew from all i firmed my choice and need no insurance choice as I already made up my mind I'll start and finish in Greenwich.
The reputation is good and they are quite high in the league table of universities.
How far away from Greenwich and Middlesex are you? I don't really know much about them.

King's always take long to reply lol

I didn't like southbank because I felt that the staff were very rude and unorganised. So, I'm glad I didn't get too far with them. I also heard that they do a 3 month placement, and that's just too long.

King's and Southbank are more closer to me than Greenwich and MDX.

I think the journey for MDX and Greenwich for me would take roughly an hour and a few mins to get there.

With Greenwich, I can just get a bus to north Greenwich then another one that will take me straight to the university whereas, MDX I would just take one train to hendon and take a 10 minute walk to the uni.

You're right, because at the end of the day, everyone is going to one university and it's more convenient for you to commute to uni and back.

I like Greenwich, but I don't know if I'll fit in. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
I know kings are very fussy which is why I dint really like want to bother with them. So the distance between both is fairly the same. Do you also know that you can claim back for travel fares?. And also I think Greenwich now use kings college as one of their placements so it will be Fairly divided as I heard that it's 50% placement and 50% uni. As you said kings isn't that far from you. With mdx if the placement are around Middlesex only it will mean travelling towards there most of the time for the three years of the course.
Why do you think you won't fit in Greenwich. I think everyone will fit in very well. It's a very relaxed enviroment as far as I have seen and heard from my freinds.
I know kings are very fussy which is why I dint really like want to bother with them. So the distance between both is fairly the same. Do you also know that you can claim back for travel fares?. And also I think Greenwich now use kings college as one of their placements so it will be Fairly divided as I heard that it's 50% placement and 50% uni. As you said kings isn't that far from you. With mdx if the placement are around Middlesex only it will mean travelling towards there most of the time for the three years of the course.
Why do you think you won't fit in Greenwich. I think everyone will fit in very well. It's a very relaxed enviroment as far as I have seen and heard from my freinds.

That's actually true. Plus, I figured that there are so many alternative routes to commute to Greenwich and back whereas, middlesex placements means more travelling from home and back.

I live in the south east of London and Greenwich is also in south east too.

Yes, Greenwich is joining up with King's as well which is also a good thing.

I think that I won't fit in, because everyone I've met on the test day are older than me with more experience and I'm turning 19 this year. I know it's kinda bad to judge the outcome from one perspective and the people I know that goes to Greenwich uni are on the main campus.

It is very relaxed indeed. I won't make my decisions yet until it's near the deadline to reply lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by babyshawte
That's actually true. Plus, I figured that there are so many alternative routes to commute to Greenwich and back whereas, middlesex placements means more travelling from home and back.

I live in the south east of London and Greenwich is also in south east too.

Yes, Greenwich is joining up with King's as well which is also a good thing.

I think that I won't fit in, because everyone I've met on the test day are older than me with more experience and I'm turning 19 this year. I know it's kinda bad to judge the outcome from one perspective and the people I know that goes to Greenwich uni are on the main campus.

It is very relaxed indeed. I won't make my decisions yet until it's near the deadline to reply lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww I see. I met a few young people during my interview though most people are older and I understand how you feel. Am not sure what I can say about that lol but you might be able to learn from their experiences. When I did my access course I had the same but I learnt a lot. But then as you said you will make a decision nearer the time. Am sure any decision you make will work out well for you.
So for now no pressure lol. Just know that if you choose grewnwich, you have one freind already. :smile:
Aww I see. I met a few young people during my interview though most people are older and I understand how you feel. Am not sure what I can say about that lol but you might be able to learn from their experiences. When I did my access course I had the same but I learnt a lot. But then as you said you will make a decision nearer the time. Am sure any decision you make will work out well for you.
So for now no pressure lol. Just know that if you choose grewnwich, you have one freind already. :smile:

I'm liking the sound of Greenwich! It's very reputable for nursing. So, I'm going to look deeply into it when preparing for the interview and maybe attend the open day.

Thank you for understanding me on that point. sometimes it is difficult to bond with somebody who is waaay older, but they are wise and I agree that you can learn so much from them. I have friends that are 6 years older than me as well :smile:

Just want to choose the best uni and I hate looking at league tables lol

Awww, it's nice to know that I'll have a friend if I choose Greenwich :biggrin: Thank U.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I understand sometimes it's difficult but some are nice. Am not saying I know the people that will be in the same class as us, but I think it won't be so bad. I was worried myself as there are more women on this course but the ones I met during my assessment and interview were nice and easy to talk to. Am not young myself and being a guy amongst so many girls is a bit scary lol but I think they will be nice to me. I don't know how many boys will be in my class at the moment but am sure we will be Overcrowded by girls lol.
Anyway no pressure. Whichever choice you make am sure you will be fine and happy there.

Did you do an access to nursing course?
Original post by babyshawte
It's 18/25 for the maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your help
I understand sometimes it's difficult but some are nice. Am not saying I know the people that will be in the same class as us, but I think it won't be so bad. I was worried myself as there are more women on this course but the ones I met during my assessment and interview were nice and easy to talk to. Am not young myself and being a guy amongst so many girls is a bit scary lol but I think they will be nice to me. I don't know how many boys will be in my class at the moment but am sure we will be Overcrowded by girls lol.
Anyway no pressure. Whichever choice you make am sure you will be fine and happy there.

Did you do an access to nursing course?

Awwwww <(^_^)> hehehe! Don't worry, the women will hopefully go easy on you. It's similar to a guy in my health care class who is the only boy, and everyone else are girls, but he's alright with it :biggrin:

You'll be fine!

I saw a few guys on the test day as well, so i don't think you'll be the only guy in the class, but yes, you will be overcrowded by us all muahaha lol

I have to do the interview first and see if they will give me an offer (hope they will!!). Then, I'll weigh out the pros and cons for both universities and choose towards the deadline. Thank you for the guidance xxx

And nope, I didn't do the access to nursing course because I didn't realise at that moment when I was looking for places to study. I retook the year and I'm currently doing A-Level English Literature and a Btec Level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care.

I heard the access course is a lot of work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spencer77
Thank you for your help

You're welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the English assessment you will have to write an essay. The questions differ all the time. But the most important thing they are looking for is the way you structure your essay, punctuations, Etc. Once you are able to do that, you will be fine.

Thanks for your help I am very excited but also nervous for my interview incase I mess up on either of the assessments
Reply 35
hi . i am going to Greenwich for a maths and English assessment on Tuesday.i am so worried that i wont meet the requirements. As i am travelling over two hundred miles to get there, if i am successful on the maths and English test i will have a one- one interview on the same day. Any info on the process would be greatly appreciated mainly in regards to the maths test. What sort of questions were asked? how difficult was it? etc. How did people find the overall experience.
thank you in advance
Reply 36
Original post by Spencer77
Thank you for your help

Hi could you help in regards to what type of maths questions were asked at interview. I am really worried that i wont do well in this and therefore not get to interview stage. TYIA:colondollar:
Original post by tori1982
Hi could you help in regards to what type of maths questions were asked at interview. I am really worried that i wont do well in this and therefore not get to interview stage. TYIA:colondollar:

I have yet to have my interview for Greenwich, my interview is also Tuesday! I am a little anxious about the assessments, just revise conversions, division, addition and subtraction etc
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi ,I have an interview tomorrow for adult nursing. I was just wondering if it was just the interview or if there was also a group interview/presentation. I was also wondering how many people interviewed you? I'm really nervous so any help would be great lol
Reply 39
Original post by deniz turgut
Hi ,I have an interview tomorrow for adult nursing. I was just wondering if it was just the interview or if there was also a group interview/presentation. I was also wondering how many people interviewed you? I'm really nervous so any help would be great lol

Hi. There is a presentation where the lead tutor talks about the program then you are asked to do the maths and English test. If you are successful you then go on to having your interview mine was with two people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending