The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by james1211
Being with my girlfriend isn't as much fun as it was six months ago. I really hope it's just a temporary down but she's starting to get on my nerves more and her cute traits are just plain annoying sometimes now. I'm also less attracted to her than I was and even the prospect of sex isn't very exciting to me now. What's happening?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have all that much experience with relationships but I don't think it's uncommon to find someone more annoying as time goes on. However, I would be worried about being less attracted to her and not enjoying your time with her as much as that sounds more like a signal of deeper problems. You might be right that it might just be a temporary blip so maybe keep your eye on things and see how they develop? I think sometimes as time passes the original spark goes away, some people can rekindle it but others may have to break up it's down to the individuals. I'd try not to worry too much yet.
Original post by Jay018
Just saw this on facebook and not too sure on what to think about it... http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jamie-flexman/depression-mental-illness_b_3931629.html

In other news, have a uni interview in a couple of weeks!

and also going to an applicant day tomorrow so not sure what to think about it... bricking it but going to try and enjoy it, but at least ill get to see a friend who i havent seen for over a year now! :smile:

Hmm that's a bit of an odd article. I like his description of depression, I think it might be useful to give people a better idea of what it's like to suffer from it though I do think he's right that it's something people can't truly understand unless they've been there. I don't really follow where he gets the claim it's not a mental illness from, unless I've missed something he doesn't really seem to justify that claim.

Good luck with the interview and applicant day. Hope you get a place :five:
Original post by Sabertooth
Hmm that's a bit of an odd article. I like his description of depression, I think it might be useful to give people a better idea of what it's like to suffer from it though I do think he's right that it's something people can't truly understand unless they've been there. I don't really follow where he gets the claim it's not a mental illness from, unless I've missed something he doesn't really seem to justify that claim.

Good luck with the interview and applicant day. Hope you get a place :five:

Yeah, thats the same with me, i thought that it was just me being me and missing something from the article out when reading. Like you the description of it was really good, but he needs to back up why it isnt an illness... Was surprised by the person who shared it though as i thought that, that person had gone through it all but turns out they havent. unless im wrong in thinking that and its just them trying to help others understand their brain more...

Thankies. Dont really mind about the interview one, as im not wanting to stay in london to study, but it'll be a good back up if i change my mind after the interview there. the place where the applicant day is my fave so far and can easily meet the criteria for it :smile:
cant stop sobbing
Original post by ScaryScience
cant stop sobbing

:console: huge hugs! :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
I don't have all that much experience with relationships but I don't think it's uncommon to find someone more annoying as time goes on. However, I would be worried about being less attracted to her and not enjoying your time with her as much as that sounds more like a signal of deeper problems. You might be right that it might just be a temporary blip so maybe keep your eye on things and see how they develop? I think sometimes as time passes the original spark goes away, some people can rekindle it but others may have to break up it's down to the individuals. I'd try not to worry too much yet.

Yeah, true. I'm not having any desire to break up with her which is good at least. I just wish things hadn't dulled down as much as they have. I think the initial buzz has died off so maybe we just need to think harder about spending quality time together not just quantity. Thanks for the insight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:console: huge hugs! :hugs:

thanks. how are you?
sigh. this is so ****ed up. run out of my meds AGAIN. honestly its bordering on a joke now. this has happened 4/5 times for various reasons. i literally give up on meds.
Original post by ScaryScience
thanks. how are you?

tired, having severe indigestion, but mood is okay.

really hope you're okay, can you get more meds tomorrow? :hugs:
I have been living in depression for past few years. But I m going through major depression atm. I just joined university at age of 24 (for me very late, not been able to flow with time due to various number of reasons). Right now, I cant study well, not being able to do assignments for ex- not being able to program in java although I ve basic idea what it is(feels like I m wasting year). Got family issues(dad a gambler, in huge debt.) Eldest son in asian family as it can be imagined the pressure!!! Personal issues- light asthmatic, sex addict although still virgin, not sociable, not able to gel with friends due to age may be, stammering habits, dont have girlfren, younger brother recently married so ofc jealousy, etc. :''' :frown: I badly need help. What should I do???????
(edited 9 years ago)
Apologies to my massively ****ty thread tonight, ladies and gents. Expect me to be permabanned from H+R and possibly this site imminently
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Apologies to my massively ****ty thread tonight, ladies and gents. Expect me to be permabanned from H+R and possibly this site imminently

It's all good Smash, next time you get the urge to make those threads maybe post here and try and talk it out?
Original post by plasmaman
It's all good Smash, next time you get the urge to make those threads maybe post here and try and talk it out?

honestly, I do do that quite often, but most of my ideas are triggering my friend, you must know this :frown:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
honestly, I do do that quite often, but most of my ideas are triggering my friend, you must know this :frown:

send me a pm any time bud
this is the third night ive been unable to sleep because my skin is too itchy, it's like little electric shocks under my skin that I have to scratch or it makes me tremble and I feel like crying I just want to sleep and not have terribke skin

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o
Original post by Odd socks
this is the third night ive been unable to sleep because my skin is too itchy, it's like little electric shocks under my skin that I have to scratch or it makes me tremble and I feel like crying I just want to sleep and not have terribke skin

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o

:hugs: :frown:

-------------

ED TW

Spoiler

Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o

:console: Hope it lets up a bit soon for you :frown:

Original post by Pathway
:hugs: :frown:

-------------

ED TW

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Hope you're ok?
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Hope you're ok?

Spoiler

Yeah I'm ok, thanks :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apart from Monday I've been feeling ok this week so stupidly I've been enjoying my time instead of working. But now I have an essay due in on Sunday and my mood has crashed and can't motivate myself to do anything :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest