The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Does anyone know if I'd be put at much of a disadvantage by not going to the offer-holder's days?

It's just a bit of a hassle to take time out considering I'm behind on coursework and stuff. I can probably manage it but if the offer-holder stuff isn't a big deal I'd rather stick to studying.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Zarp
Does anyone know if I'd be put at much of a disadvantage by not going to the offer-holder's days?

It's just a bit of a hassle to take time out considering I'm behind on coursework and stuff. I can probably manage it but if the offer-holder stuff isn't a big deal I'd rather stick to studying.

Are you going to firm? If so, this will be a place you're gonna study at for 3-4 years so if you've never been then you probably should go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pol234
I have, bit disappointed really,I wanted a more traditional college. It's made me rethink if I want to go now, I will see how I feel after the open day.
You??

Felt the exact same way, mate. Yet, I am starting to accept it better. The view is beautiful and at least is a large college(which I like because Durham is already claustrophobic enough). I wish the buildings were nicer and we had more tradition but It does has its bright sides. They say the formals are awesome and the people are very friendly. So what if we don't live in a castle and wear gowns? At least we can relax with many friends and enjoy the sunset over Durham Cathedral.

Where else do you have offers from?
Reply 823
Original post by GenevieveQ
Heya~! have you firmed it yet? I'm stuck between Durham and UCL

Yeah I have, it broke my heart to reject Exeter and York but Durham just has one of the best courses for my subject (English). One of my friends just had an interview at UCL and she absolutely adores it, I can see the struggle! Are you going to an offer holder thing at Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
BA archaeology allocated to St. John's

Congratulations!
Original post by Elle97
Yeah I have, it broke my heart to reject Exeter and York but Durham just has one of the best courses for my subject (English). One of my friends just had an interview at UCL and she absolutely adores it, I can see the struggle! Are you going to an offer holder thing at Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both Durham and UCL have the best archeology departments, so I'm really struggling on the decision right now. And no I can't make it unfortunately.:frown: My school is in Canada and I have classes during the offer holder event. An offer from KCL just came earlier today, not sure if I should deny it or not.
Original post by lililou
Congratulations!

Thanks~! Which college are you going?
Thanks~! Which college are you going?

Haven't heard yet?
And can't log in to the offer day page.

Just got through - St Cuths! So pleased as it's my first choice.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by @revido
Hi there, I have also applied for Modern Languages (French and Spanish) and they allocated me to St Aidan's College. Have you joined any of the Durham freshers Facebook groups (even if you aren't firming Durham)?

Oooh no I haven't yet! That's such a good idea and thanks so much for the links in the following post! :biggrin: Yess more modern language applicants! Are you going to the post-offer day?
Original post by gj12
Well done! I'm Hatfield for History :smile:
Going on the Monday-Tuesday Open day :smile:

Well done you too! I'm going up on from Monday-Tuesday too! Hopefully see you there :smile:
Original post by Linguaphila
Well done you too! I'm going up on from Monday-Tuesday too! Hopefully see you there :smile:

How come people stay, is it just because they can't get home or that they want to stay the night to see what it will be like? I'm Hatfield too, for biosciences:smile:
Original post by J.Fisher1997
How come people stay, is it just because they can't get home or that they want to stay the night to see what it will be like? I'm Hatfield too, for biosciences:smile:

Hi. It's so they can experience college life, which is really really important in Durham. I know that Hatfield has laid on loads of activities for the evening including a formal meal where formal dress is required!
Original post by alice_smith96
Geography at Josephine Butler (first choice) So excited !

I have also got Geography at Josephine Butler! Are you going to an offer holder day?
Reply 833
Original post by Linguaphila

See you there :smile:
Original post by georgiaswift
I've been offered somewhere which is fully catered, but I really want to be self catered. Is there any option for me to self-cater whilst staying in a fully catered college?

You may be able to use kitchen facilities to make your own food, but you'll have to pay for the college food too
Original post by jennychaun
I have an offer for psychology! AAA which is pretty tough but manageable I guess...

Do you have an offer?

Yes, I do. :smile: It's the same as yours- AAA. What are your A level subjects?
Original post by aimee_pugsley97
I have also got Geography at Josephine Butler! Are you going to an offer holder day?

Yeah, I'm going to the tuesday-wednesday residential ! How about you?x
Original post by Zarp

I didn't got to the offer holder day as I prioritised work. If you have been up for a general open day already you don't really need to go up again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 838
Hey :smile: I have an offer for Psychology at Hatfield college - seems to be quite a few of us here! I'm also going on the offer-holder visit day on 17/18th March, can't wait to see what it's like :smile:
Original post by alice_smith96
Yeah, I'm going to the tuesday-wednesday residential ! How about you?x

Cool! I think I'm going to the Monday-Tuesday residential, couldn't decide if I should do the residential or not as I've got a long way to come, but I think its probably worth it! x

Quick Reply

Latest