Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4040
Original post by JamjamjamT
Nope

Oh! This is sad, but, I'll keep hope! :smile: Do you have any seniors got rejected by LSE due to subject combination?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Ethan_
Oh! This is sad, but, I'll keep hope! :smile: Do you have any seniors got rejected by LSE due to subject combination?

Your subject combination is fine since that they are all traditional subjects. Perhaps having a social science might be better. However, only by doing well in them, plus an impressive personal statement will do the trick.

There are people who have been rejected on the basis of subject choices, at least that's what their rejection letter said so.
Original post by Ethan_
I intend to pursue Accounting and Finance in LSE. I took Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry in A-Level. Is the subject combination strong enough for me to get an offer? :biggrin:

That's perfectly fine - you have a strong set of quantitative subjects which will be greatly appreciated for such a quantitative course. Key is to just do really well in them now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kewbacca
Who's firming LSE for law? Wanna get to know some future classmates :biggrin:

Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ethan_
I intend to pursue Accounting and Finance in LSE. I took Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry in A-Level. Is the subject combination strong enough for me to get an offer? :biggrin:

You're subject combination is absolutely fine. You will not get rejected for subject combination so don't worry about that. I took maths Econ and bio which could've been a lot more quantative!
Is today the day? XD
Morning Guys
I have been looking at this thread for the last three months and i must thank everyone as it was an absolute joy reading posts.
My son got an offer for Straight Econ yesterday and i was mighty pleased.
He is looking for ensuite and i understand those living in London has to wait to apply. Can someone help?
Original post by powelsmartin
Regarding accommodation:

The only hall which has beds longer than 1.90 m is High Holborn - is it possible to request longer beds at the other halls?

I'm having exactly the same problem, did you learn anything yet?
Original post by AQUF42
Morning Guys
I have been looking at this thread for the last three months and i must thank everyone as it was an absolute joy reading posts.
My son got an offer for Straight Econ yesterday and i was mighty pleased.
He is looking for ensuite and i understand those living in London has to wait to apply. Can someone help?

People in London can still apply at any time it's just they don't get their decision til later than the rest of us. And being in London doesn't affect their chance of getting their accomodation preferences either
Reply 4049
Original post by tomixox
You're subject combination is absolutely fine. You will not get rejected for subject combination so don't worry about that. I took maths Econ and bio which could've been a lot more quantative!

Original post by powelsmartin
That's perfectly fine - you have a strong set of quantitative subjects which will be greatly appreciated for such a quantitative course. Key is to just do really well in them now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by JediHamster
Your subject combination is fine since that they are all traditional subjects. Perhaps having a social science might be better. However, only by doing well in them, plus an impressive personal statement will do the trick.

There are people who have been rejected on the basis of subject choices, at least that's what their rejection letter said so.

THANK YOU for the replies! :biggrin: :biggrin: I appreciate it very much!!!! :biggrin:
Anyone else going to get a shared room accommodation??
Reply 4051
Anyone planning on picking accommodation at Urbanest Westminster? It looks pretty nice and the new LSEPS offer holder newsletter says there are 484 beds reserved for LSEPS students.
Original post by avar
Anyone planning on picking accommodation at Urbanest Westminster? It looks pretty nice and the new LSEPS offer holder newsletter says there are 484 beds reserved for LSEPS students.

Me! Already got a room!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Adriaan
I'm having exactly the same problem, did you learn anything yet?

No, I would like to call them but I'm not even sure I'll apply for accomodation in the end so wouldn't want to make any premature commitments/annoy someone/take someone's place.

It's nice to see that it's not just me obsessing over this, and if you find something out please do let me know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ethan_

It's very strong :smile:!
No news today then?
Maybe we will get the 4 pm offer splurge like in previous weeks !?
Had nothing yet....
Original post by jchap9776
Had nothing yet....

Hope you get your offer today😃
Reply 4059
Received yesterday, my offer for sociology and social policy. Now I need to decide UCL or LSE. I went to an applicant day with my boyfriend and he absolutely loved it at UCL. But my heart it's at LSE. But now It's difficult in trying to decide where to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending