The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
Original post by Fox100
Guys - bands have been narrowed. Just found out I was successful for CD! Now time to prepare for my DAT FSB

Congratulations! When was your FSAC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2301
Original post by PJ07
Congratulations! When was your FSAC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had my FSAC on the 20th Jan - was immediately successful for DAT but amber banded since then for CD
Original post by grownupfrog
Nothing for me, but there's been at least one on this thread

LOADS of people at my FSAC were for HR so I'm wondering now if it really is less popular...

Out of all the people I spoke to at my FSAC everyone except me and one person for NI were going for DS, but maybe there is more interest than I thought if most of yours was for HR
Original post by cactusjr
Out of all the people I spoke to at my FSAC everyone except me and one person for NI were going for DS, but maybe there is more interest than I thought if most of yours was for HR

At my FSAC there was actually quite a good mix. Some DAT some DS and actually quite a few for European and HR. Probably just luck of the draw on the day for how they are mixed.
Original post by Fox100
Guys - bands have been narrowed. Just found out I was successful for CD! Now time to prepare for my DAT FSB

Congrats. I'm still waiting... end of March/April for me, I guess.
Original post by TritonSails
Congrats. I'm still waiting... end of March/April for me, I guess.

I'm still waiting too. Sick of it now. Hopefully they'll release some more tomorrow? Just a hope. Lol
Reply 2306
Original post by Fox100
Had my FSAC on the 20th Jan - was immediately successful for DAT but amber banded since then for CD

Congrats again - well done getting both.

I'm still amber for DS - no update for me. Hope this doesn't mean I'm waiting in amber purgatory until the end of March.
Original post by Lauws
Does anyone know if you can request your percentile scores for tests if you've been invited to FSAC?

A friend failed etray with better than 71 % - grim!

Not until you're out of the process.
Original post by cactusjr
Has anyone heard anything for the HR stream? I know there's not normally a lot of applicants so they might be waiting for more people to have the FSAC, but the waiting is just horrible...

I'm for HR and am still amber banded. I know one person was failed at the Jan band narrowing so they did fail some HR people then. I was hoping I would have heard at this band narrowing but it appears not.
Reply 2309
Has anyone from Tuesday heard?
Have the bands been narrowed ? Have central departments people heard ? Guess this means another month for me!
Original post by E.Marie
Have the bands been narrowed ? Have central departments people heard ? Guess this means another month for me!

I think it's another month or two for us. I wish they would give us our scores before our results!
Original post by TritonSails
I think it's another month or two for us. I wish they would give us our scores before our results!

Unless they havent released them all in one go... perhaps that's wishful thinking on my part! I know it would be helpful to know how likely it is - i think i might just presume its going to be unsuccessful eventually so pursue other options
This question has probably been asked before, but does anyone know what happens if you fail the FSB? Are you out of the programme?

Also, anyone know what kind of success rate FSBs have?
It depends if your FSB is for a stream within the Generalist Stream (e.g. DS or HoP) in which case you should still be a generalist, or outside the generalist scheme (e.g. DaT) in which case you wouldn't.
This might sound stupid but can I check this means I have a job with CD but am awaiting HOP results?

Scheme Option Preference Option Status Option currently being progressed

Generalist Fast Stream 1 Houses of Parliament Awaiting Results {*}
2 Central Departments Pass
Reply 2316
Yeah that's correct- congrats. I just got the nod for DS but no information about FSB yet. Anyone able to shed some light?
Original post by kadov
Yeah that's correct- congrats. I just got the nod for DS but no information about FSB yet. Anyone able to shed some light?

When did you do your FSAC? I guess this might mean the DS band has just been narrowed?
Also just got a pass for DS awaiting event invitation, hope good news for others too!
Reply 2319
Ha I figured that much- just curious when they might release some information relating to the actual assesment process going forward.

Quick Reply

Latest