The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Central Saint Martins Portfolio?

Scroll to see replies

Got my porfolio review this Friday ( 27th Feb) Anyone else in D group? :biggrin:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by rakshandagowda
Got my porfolio review this Friday ( 27th Feb) Anyone else in D group? :biggrin:

For what course?
Original post by ronke_a
I got an interview for csm fashion print!!! 30th of march. I sent my mini portfolio on the 8th of feb and i have just found out to day on the 25th of feb. Im not gonna post it here as i think it was really bad.

Good luck everyone hope you hear back soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,
Congrats! I got rejected for fashion print at csm, Can you please share your mini portfolio uploaded on flickr? I know you think that it was bad, but it will be really helpful for to me to see what they expect in the mini portfolio for fashion print!:smile:
Original post by Fdrupali
Hi,
Congrats! I got rejected for fashion print at csm, Can you please share your mini portfolio uploaded on flickr? I know you think that it was bad, but it will be really helpful for to me to see what they expect in the mini portfolio for fashion print!:smile:

Are you going to leave CSM for now then and try again next year? Or have you got some back up choices? You could always apply to do your MA there after your BA
Hi,

thank you, and yes! have you applied for foundation? what are your back up plans? :smile:
Original post by Emily-kate
Are you going to leave CSM for now then and try again next year? Or have you got some back up choices? You could always apply to do your MA there after your BA

Hi,
Well I have applied to LCF and westminster as well. I don't plan to study at csm or ual in future for any course including the MA. I am an ex CSM textiles portfolio student which is like the fashion folio course which consists of 3 terms. After completion of term 1, term 2 and 3 were cancelled by csm itself. for my current portfolio for which i applied for fashion print, my tutors at csm (3 of them) had reviewed my work and have got great reviews and references. In the reference letter, its clearly written by tutor that I am a good candidate for undergraduate study. When I got rejected, I called them up and all they said was if I was in london and we would have your interview here, things would have been different. Also, suggested that I will definitely receive positive news from LCF for the BA course. While I was at csm, I got excellent comments from my tutors, one even said that "One day you will fly because of your work".After such a bad experience, I don't wish to study at csm or ual anymore. Looking forward to westminster for BA Fashion Design!
Hi,
Well I have applied to LCF and westminster as well. I don't plan to study at csm or ual in future for any course including the MA. I am an ex CSM textiles portfolio student which is like the fashion folio course which consists of 3 terms. After completion of term 1, term 2 and 3 were cancelled by csm itself. for my current portfolio for which i applied for fashion print, my tutors at csm (3 of them) had reviewed my work and have got great reviews and references. In the reference letter, its clearly written by tutor that I am a good candidate for undergraduate study. When I got rejected, I called them up and all they said was if I was in london and we would have your interview here, things would have been different. Also, suggested that I will definitely receive positive news from LCF for the BA course. While I was at csm, I got excellent comments from my tutors, one even said that "One day you will fly because of your work".After such a bad experience, I don't wish to study at csm or ual anymore. Looking forward to westminster for BA Fashion Design!

oh right!, sorry to hear that. good luck with westminster, hope you hear back soon!
Original post by ronke_a
oh right!, sorry to hear that. good luck with westminster, hope you hear back soon!

Hi,
thanks a lot! All the best for your interview at csm!
Hi,
thanks a lot! All the best for your interview at csm!

Original post by Emily-kate
For what course?

Art foundation! Ohmygawd, it's tomorrow asdfvsgvkdsvn stressed out af.
I got an interview for west minster BA fashion on the 9th of march. Im not ready!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ronke_a
I got an interview for west minster BA fashion on the 9th of march. Im not ready!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi
Congrats!! When did you receive the email about the interview? I hope to hear back soon! I am sure you will be fine! All the best!
Hi
Congrats!! When did you receive the email about the interview? I hope to hear back soon! I am sure you will be fine! All the best!

thanks! i just received the email,

'It is vital that you arrive in plenty of time for your allotted interview. The process of interviewing is as follows:

12 students will be called for either 10am or 2pm and asked to present their portfolios in our design room, leaving them open at their most exciting and impressive portfolio spread. Design staff will then look through all portfolios for approximately 20 minutes whilst candidates are in another room.

After 20 minutes candidates will be called in one at a time for a short informal interview to talk about their reasons for wishing to study fashion at Westminster, their aspirations and their fashion knowledge and their personal practice and portfolio work in relation to this. Each interview is approximately 10-15 minutes long.''

i dont know what to do or to say as i'm not really up for this interview :/
Original post by ronke_a
thanks! i just received the email,

'It is vital that you arrive in plenty of time for your allotted interview. The process of interviewing is as follows:

12 students will be called for either 10am or 2pm and asked to present their portfolios in our design room, leaving them open at their most exciting and impressive portfolio spread. Design staff will then look through all portfolios for approximately 20 minutes whilst candidates are in another room.

After 20 minutes candidates will be called in one at a time for a short informal interview to talk about their reasons for wishing to study fashion at Westminster, their aspirations and their fashion knowledge and their personal practice and portfolio work in relation to this. Each interview is approximately 10-15 minutes long.''

i dont know what to do or to say as i'm not really up for this interview :/

Hi,
thanks for sharing but since I am an international student here back in india, I should receive an full portfolio and skype interview request soon!
You have around a week..I am sure you can keep the sheets/sketchbooks ready by then!
Original post by ronke_a

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg same! See you there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
thanks for sharing but since I am an international student here back in india, I should receive an full portfolio and skype interview request soon!
You have around a week..I am sure you can keep the sheets/sketchbooks ready by then!

lucky! yeah i will just do extra sketchbook work!
Original post by abRochyy
Omg same! See you there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh, good luck!
Original post by ronke_a
yh, good luck!

You too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abRochyy
Omg same! See you there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,
great! congrats!
Reply 279
Hi,
great! congrats!

Hey do you think lcf is better than womenswear?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending