The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J-SP
Ahhh... This is why it doesn't always work, as things have developed over the years.

You would have to wait until the next cycle of applications open for TCs in the Autumn (October/November time). It's a quirk where firms are technically bringing you in too early on the vac scheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are firms less likely to make TC offers to penultimate year non lawyers on their vac schemes because it's too early for them or does it not matter at all?
So I take it noone heard from W&C today?? That makes me slightly relieved that I hadn't either :P
Has anyone heard back from Withers or TLT? I sent my applications off before Christmas. ☺️ thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys. Havin serious difficulty answering this questions. In need of serious help

Basically the question asks in the current legal market what areas should a firm
focus on to develop and grow
I am really strugling to get a vac scheme and shoosmiths is my last deadline. I would really really appreciate any supporr you can provide. Thank you so much in advance and best of luck for evrythin!!

Ps: the firm
is shoosmiths
Original post by KASHIFJ
Hi guys. Havin serious difficulty answering this questions. In need of serious help

Basically the question asks in the current legal market what areas should a firm
focus on to develop and grow
I am really strugling to get a vac scheme and shoosmiths is my last deadline. I would really really appreciate any supporr you can provide. Thank you so much in advance and best of luck for evrythin!!

Ps: the firm
is shoosmiths

Technological developments in service provision, innovative/competitive fee structuring, ability to give contextual advice within the market, ABSs. I'm sure there's practice areas to talk about but those seem to be a few of the hot topics. Pick one and research it.
Original post by hugo grotius
Technological developments in service provision, innovative/competitive fee structuring, ability to give contextual advice within the market, ABSs. I'm sure there's practice areas to talk about but those seem to be a few of the hot topics. Pick one and research it.

Good advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by auroa17
Hi!

Does anyone know how to find out who a law firms main competitors are? I have gone from the Lex 500, but just wanted to see if there was a better way?

I use Chambers and Partners UK. It gives you the best law firms per area of law :wink:
Original post by TooOldForTC
It was a video interview and I waffled as I had no reactions to go off of. The questions did not go much beyond what was asked in the application form in terms of why law, why Bristows etc.

Is it true that there are only three questions to answer?
has anyone got an interview with Dechert? Is it a partner interview?
Application to favourite firm completed but just reading it over and over in case I missed something:colondollar:
Reply 3830
Original post by almvp
Hey i heard back around 16th and i applied to bristol you?

I applied to the London office and still nothing. Good luck with the rest of the process for it!
Anyone heard back form Clyde and Co London office yet?
Reply 3832
Original post by canoepop
26th of Feb - eeek!

Hey can you let me know how the dwf interview went? I have mine on the 3rd :smile:
Original post by almvp
Hey can you let me know how the dwf interview went? I have mine on the 3rd :smile:

Hey! Sure - it was fine the people were super nice. Mine was with an HR Person and a partner and they both have different questions to ask you.

It's split in half - so one half was the HR person asking me competency questions and then the second half was largely the partner asking me commercial awareness questions. It was a very informal interview and they'd go off script and just chat with me about stuff they thought was interesting - so it was very conversational (for example I was asked if I knew X or Y person from my highschool because one of the interviewers knew some people that had attended) it made it more relaxed and I actually really enjoyed chatting with them.

They've also got your application form there and give you a chance to talk about anything on it you felt the interview didn't cover
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3834
Situation update: rejection from A&O, off. from Macf; still no word at all from Charles Russell Speechlys
Original post by matic
Situation update: rejection from A&O, off. from Macf; still no word at all from Charles Russell Speechlys

When are you doing your Mac vac?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3836
Original post by mlawstu
I have just had an offer from AG for the Leeds Office after my assessment centre last week but they may all be different! Which office did you apply to?

Congrats! I applied to London. Very tempted to call them up but worried they'll say no straight away!
Any IM news anyone?
Reply 3838
Original post by roseh92
Anyone heard back form Clyde and Co London office yet?

I got an email yesterday that my application was still being screened

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from Baker & McKenzie about the international vacation programme? Also, has anyone heard from Charles Russell Speechlys after taking their psychometric tests?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending