The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

is the nottingham course taught via traditional methods? or is there a mix with PBL or another form of teaching??
Original post by Medlad101
is the nottingham course taught via traditional methods? or is there a mix with PBL or another form of teaching??

This is what it says in the FAQ on their website:

Is the A100 a problem based learning course?
No, for the pre-clinical years (years 1 2.5) the teaching components are systems-based. The core components are taught through lectures, full-body dissection classes, and seminar group teaching.
Alongside the above, students receive early clinical experience from the first year, with visits to hospitals and GP practices

I think most people would refer to this as "integrated" rather than either traditional or PBL, but I don't think the label put on it is really that important.
Original post by Medlad101

the so-called seminar group teaching can be reffered to as PBL for 1 module. It actaully is PBL but since its only like 3-4 sessions (including one for presentation) its not really a big deal.
However, we do have SEPARATE seminars too for other modules
Just had my interview at Nottingham :smile: does anyone know when the last intrview date is this year?
Original post by danni97
Just had my interview at Nottingham :smile: does anyone know when the last intrview date is this year?

Think it's the 1st of April, but they plan on making a few offers before this date (although most will be made in April)
Original post by CLMartin
Think it's the 1st of April, but they plan on making a few offers before this date (although most will be made in April)

Thanks a lot :smile:
Anyone know what dates offers were given last year? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nottie
you should have a working knowledge of NHS, how it works etc. I wouldnt go into too many details though. Oh, and be sure you know what happens to you when you graduate from med school. Like, the whole process until you are finally a senior doctor

When you say working knowledge of the NHS what do you mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 728
it was nice to meet everyone this afternoon!
Reply 729
Original post by crazya96

Posted from TSR Mobile

basic knowledge of the structure of the NHS
Original post by User:26758
Anyone know what dates offers were given last year? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

They were given out every Monday of April with 2 Monday's of early offers.

Original post by crazya96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just know how it works and what it does. Know that it's public. And I think it could be worth knowing about the current GPs situation.
Original post by User:26758
Anyone know what dates offers were given last year? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can see a selection of offer dates on last year's stalking page..... but perhaps more relevant is what it says in the emails Nottingham sent to people post interview. Extract as follows:

"Thank you for coming to your interview for Medicine at the University of Nottingham on Tuesday 6th January. A few offers may be made in early March with the remainder being made in the first week of April"

This arrived about three weeks after the interview date.
Reply 732
Original post by Nottie
They were given out every Monday of April with 2 Monday's of early offers.

Could it be wrong that I've received an offer when I have then?
Original post by TomKC
Could it be wrong that I've received an offer when I have then?

If you have got an offer from Nottingham then how can it be wrong in any way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by notthatquiet
If you have got an offer from Nottingham then how can it be wrong in any way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

exactly...if the offer says A100 course it cant be wrong... Anyone else got an offer for medicine ?
Reply 735
Are offers based on interview performance alone?
Reply 736
Original post by An4w42
Are offers based on interview performance alone?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425209948.681843.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Tom Kc is the only lucky one so far ?
When do you think we will hear back?
no interviews until the end of march. So maybe they are free to decide some offers ?

Quick Reply