The Student Room Group

Slade School of Fine Art Application Advice

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meganabcdefg
Woke up to a track email and thought it might finally be a rejection from Slade but it was my offer from Wimbledon woooo!!!

Well done! That is great :-)
Reply 661
Great
Has anyone had a rejection yet? I still haven't heard :frown:
I don't understand why they didn't send all the rejections out first? Isn't that what usually happens?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellery child
Has anyone had a rejection yet? I still haven't heard :frown:

I'm in the same position as you :frown:
haven't heard anything.
Original post by floknoyle
I don't understand why they didn't send all the rejections out first? Isn't that what usually happens?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they send out invites first, who knows why! It's a bit cruel...
Reply 668
Right, one person from my foundation has received the invitation to the interview at Slade.
I think I'm about to accept that it's all over :/
Reply 669
Original post by eei
Right, one person from my foundation has received the invitation to the interview at Slade.

Oh right, when did they find that out?... I'm not that bothered anymore, I knew I wasn't going to get an interview before I even gave my portfolio in, not that I've actually heard anything haha... I'm concentrating on other things now, but I'm really happy for those who have an interview and I really hope they do well :smile:
Original post by eei

Did they get it today?
Original post by -zoe-
Oh right, when did they find that out?... I'm not that bothered anymore, I knew I wasn't going to get an interview before I even gave my portfolio in, not that I've actually heard anything haha... I'm concentrating on other things now, but I'm really happy for those who have an interview and I really hope they do well :smile:

Agreed, it was a real long shot for getting an interview anyway! Gotta concentrate on my other interviews coming up and this essay I have to do instead! Good luck to those who got an interview and good luck to everyone else too Im sure you will do well elsewhere :smile:
so if you still havent got a reply from slade, does it mean it's all over? considering there's a very low chance that they will send out more invitations?
Original post by crystalttyy
so if you still havent got a reply from slade, does it mean it's all over? considering there's a very low chance that they will send out more invitations?

from what we have gathered we are concluding that they have probably now sent out all of their invitations :/ we could be wrong though, we thought that they had sent out all of them and then they sent more again yesterday! But most likely now considering they've sent out a second batch and given people their actual interview times too.
yea, one of the people from my foundation got an interview invitation yesterday. However, i was just thinking if they send the BA/ BFA invitations at different times. I personally applied for the BA
yea, one of the people from my foundation got an interview invitation yesterday. However, i was just thinking if they send the BA/ BFA invitations at different times. I personally applied for the BA

two people from my foundation got invites a week ago today and one of them applied for BA and one for BFA! Don't know how they do it tbh... Seems to be a mystery!!
Reply 676
Did they get it today?

It must have been yesterday afternoon - after 3pm, when I left, I'm afraid
two people from my foundation got invites a week ago today and one of them applied for BA and one for BFA! Don't know how they do it tbh... Seems to be a mystery!!

thats so strange! im pretty sure the person from my foundation got it yesterday, yet you're friends got it a week ago today..... so they must be just sending out randomly?
thats so strange! im pretty sure the person from my foundation got it yesterday, yet you're friends got it a week ago today..... so they must be just sending out randomly?

Yeah it was weird some people definitely got invites yesterday but the two people I know definitely got it a week ago but when they originally got the email it just said they would have an interview and didn't specify a date or time and then they also both got emails yesterday confirming the date and time.
I already call to admin office today and asked have they send out all the invitations, they said "we haven't confirmed yet, should wait untill 4th March"

Quick Reply

Latest