The Student Room Group

Southampton BM5 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellipsis...
Well done! When was your interview?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feb 2nd 😊
Original post by andy90900320
Congratulations. I got similar statistics as yours. Gcse 7A* AS 4A biio chem phy math A2 3A* bio chem math A phy and ukcat 675. Gap year student, but no inteeview n no news. Expect rejecting.

Please look on the bright side. A friend of mine had 3 straight rejections and was fully expecting to take a gap year. Today however he got an interview from Liverpool! All hope is not lost, the reason many applicants are still waiting to hear post-interview is because there are still people like you out there who are going to get an interview!
One boy in my year has an interview 19th of March, I admit he has known about it for like 2 weeks, but they can give you as little as 5 days notice. You could get on on the 14th for example.
Liverpool told me in my interview I may not hear until April (!!!!). This means they plan to interview until mid March at least and they can't be the only Med School doing this! Please don't give up- you're obviously very bright so there is a place in medicine for you. Always look on the bright side and one day you'll land on it! Good Luck xx
Congratulations. I got similar statistics as yours. Gcse 7A* AS 4A biio chem phy math A2 3A* bio chem math A phy and ukcat 675. Gap year student, but no inteeview n no news. Expect rejecting.

Why do you expect rejection you got a higher UKCAT and the same grade minus 1 GCSE have confidence many get results at different times some have been getting them for a few days patience is a virtue.

Interviews are still going out i am sure don't count your chickens too soon stay positive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vickie89uk
Congratulations :smile: was this your first application or have you applied previously? what GCSEs do you have? What options did you take?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your encouragement does beat me up. I did call soton for status but they just ask me wait. The inteeview time slots runs to almost end which implies less chance for interview invitation. I do need ro review my application and determine what is goung wrong. Good luck to everyone in this thread.
Your encouragement does beat me up. I did call soton for status but they just ask me wait. The inteeview time slots runs to almost end which implies less chance for interview invitation. I do need ro review my application and determine what is goung wrong. Good luck to everyone in this thread.

Did you quote the wrong comment.

I think you need to believe that you can succeed you put the work in evidently so i will cross my fingers for you. Having hope and belief cant harm im sure you will get an offer keep applying keep trying

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think soton have finished intervirws for BM5 - are you BM6?
BM5... Why don't they just send out rejection?
Reply 547
Most unis wait until all interviews are done before starting to reject people. It means you are still being considered which is better than an outright rejection. This medicine game is all about patience (which I know is very hard!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Grad1202
I think soton have finished intervirws for BM5 - are you BM6?

I don't know for sure, but last interview date for bm5 on their website was 24th feb.
Original post by Doc2be
Most unis wait until all interviews are done before starting to reject people. It means you are still being considered which is better than an outright rejection. This medicine game is all about patience (which I know is very hard!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

good pun right there
Offer from Southampton for BM5 at 1:30 today! Year 13 student.
Interview was on the 2nd of February,
good luck to everyone else!
Don't worry till you hear from them x
(edited 9 years ago)
Just had my interview for bm6 and it could have went soooo much better! Came out to a rejection from another med school I applied to as well!
To those with offers, how do you feel your interviews went?
Original post by Joanne9495
Just had my interview for bm6 and it could have went soooo much better! Came out to a rejection from another med school I applied to as well!

I felt my group task went really well but the nerves definitely got the better of me for my individual one. I thought it went very average so was expecting a rejection!
I'm sure you've done way better than you think, good luck!!!!😊
Original post by Joanne9495

I think my individual interview went really well, I actually really enjoyed it and liked that my interviewers seem flexible with their questions which meant it was more of a conversation rather than an interrogation. My group interview was average, I felt that most of it was fine but I was quite nervous and I worried it came across.

I'm sure you will have done better than you think, try not to over think it :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
My interview was over really quickly... Not sure if that's good or bad!
Does anyone know if Southampton holds an open day for offer holders?
Original post by Anon12345678
Does anyone know if Southampton holds an open day for offer holders?

I saw on the BM4 thread that they had a offer holder talk etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ClimbingPixie
Please look on the bright side. A friend of mine had 3 straight rejections and was fully expecting to take a gap year. Today however he got an interview from Liverpool! All hope is not lost, the reason many applicants are still waiting to hear post-interview is because there are still people like you out there who are going to get an interview!
One boy in my year has an interview 19th of March, I admit he has known about it for like 2 weeks, but they can give you as little as 5 days notice. You could get on on the 14th for example.
Liverpool told me in my interview I may not hear until April (!!!!). This means they plan to interview until mid March at least and they can't be the only Med School doing this! Please don't give up- you're obviously very bright so there is a place in medicine for you. Always look on the bright side and one day you'll land on it! Good Luck xx

Aw, don't give us advice like that. I didn't get an interview even though I met all the academic requirements and my UKCAT was 712.5, at this stage I'm just wanting to know why I was rejected. If it's just "one of those things" I can apply again next year, but if there's a reason I can't change, I won't apply again.

I called them to make sure I was on their system for BM5 (I switched over from BM4 so I was quite paranoid I'd been lost in cyberspace) and they kept stressing "we can't give individual feedback".

I'd just like the rejection over and done with now.
Original post by Cats-R-Us
Aw, don't give us advice like that. I didn't get an interview even though I met all the academic requirements and my UKCAT was 712.5, at this stage I'm just wanting to know why I was rejected. If it's just "one of those things" I can apply again next year, but if there's a reason I can't change, I won't apply again.

I called them to make sure I was on their system for BM5 (I switched over from BM4 so I was quite paranoid I'd been lost in cyberspace) and they kept stressing "we can't give individual feedback".

I'd just like the rejection over and done with now.

I got the same experience that i met all academic requirements but no interview invitation yet. They don't even share my status by quote "we can't give individual feedback" when i send in email for enquiry. We have to learn from failure to enhance capabilities to success but not just cross finger and wait. The application process make me mad already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got the same experience that i met all academic requirements but no interview invitation yet. They don't even share my status by quote "we can't give individual feedback" when i send in email for enquiry. We have to learn from failure to enhance capabilities to success but not just cross finger and wait. The application process make me mad already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could maybe consider appealing your application if you feel that strongly about it. I also think they are required by law to give you feedback - ie any information a public body holds regarding you, you legally have the right to access it. (Not sure if it is the same in England though!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending