The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
They just put Rooney up front with Falcao and we're done

Watch Falcao have the game of his life.

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce

I think you'll knock us out the FA cup in all honesty.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

It must be that Apart from ozil and Sanchez, the rest of the arsenal squad are essentially "spice boys" I.e. Their wealth and lavish lifestyles don't match their ability to perform on the field
(edited 9 years ago)
Gone are the days. :frown:

[video="youtube;PboL6hSIb9M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PboL6hSIb9M[/video]

See man like Arteta at the start of the clip
(edited 9 years ago)
Hate the fact that we play on Sunday. Even if we win, it's annoying that Saturday could end in us being 5th again.
Reply 2844
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425051225.569184.jpg

That mentality just doesn't exist in our dressing room today
Original post by SA-1
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425051225.569184.jpg

That mentality just doesn't exist in our dressing room today

You've already posted this before.
Reply 2846
Original post by Arkasia
You've already posted this before.

Quote me.
Original post by SA-1
Quote me.

Can't be bothered, but I remember seeing that exact post, alongside others, in this thread.
Reply 2848
Original post by Arkasia
Can't be bothered, but I remember seeing that exact post, alongside others, in this thread.

...and?
Original post by SA-1
...and?

It's just irritating seeing the same cliche image posted multiple times as if it has a deeper meaning.
Reply 2850
Original post by AR_95
They just put Rooney up front with Falcao and we're done

LVG will probably play Di Maria as a striker instead of Rooney :argh::argh:
Reply 2851
Original post by Arkasia
It's just irritating seeing the same cliche image posted multiple times as if it has a deeper meaning.

Damn, who took the jam out of your doughnut :hmpf:
Original post by ETRC
LVG will probably play Di Maria as a striker instead of Rooney :argh::argh:

Nah it's got to be Fellaini, who else will we lump the long balls to?
Original post by ETRC
A bit of that is Mertaskar's fault and a bit of it is Wneger's fault. Mert is the captain and completely ****s the bed when we are a goal down. He doesn't even try to encourage the team, he just does nothing. And Wenger's job is to prepare the players mentally before games and he is not doing that.
Ozil is a mixed character. If we are ahead first, he does his defensive work and has a high work rate, but if we go behind first he does not try.

Our tactics are non-existant. If we had a manager with proper tactics like Klopp, we have a chance to win CL.

Genuinely think Mert was only made captain because our captains normally leave after a season and Kosc was injured. This is the problem though, we have no leader on the pitch and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

The tactics were poor, but I wish people would stop mentioning Klopp, Dortmund are doing appallingly by any measure, he is a personality manager imo.

The players let themselves down and the fans did too, the Emirates sounded dead. I personally don't think Wenger is to blame for this one, other than playing Santi and Ozil in the middle and starting Welbeck.
Original post by SA-1
Damn, who took the jam out of your doughnut :hmpf:

It was a ring doughnut :cry2:
Don't worry, now that Klopp's Dortmund won't be in Europe next season, everyone will be calling for another flavour manager. Perhaps Koeman.
Reply 2856
Original post by leinad2012
Genuinely think Mert was only made captain because our captains normally leave after a season and Kosc was injured. This is the problem though, we have no leader on the pitch and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

The tactics were poor, but I wish people would stop mentioning Klopp, Dortmund are doing appallingly by any measure, he is a personality manager imo.

The players let themselves down and the fans did too, the Emirates sounded dead. I personally don't think Wenger is to blame for this one, other than playing Santi and Ozil in the middle and starting Welbeck.

Wenger should never play two CAM's against good teams, but we had no choice with Wilshere not ready yet. Walcott showed us how good he is, and ruined their left back for the 20 mins he was on.
And I mentioned Klopp because he has a go at players if they do not try their hardest. If Dortmund try hard and lose he won't mind, but if he saw Merk and the players not caring he would have a massive go at them which is what Wenger needs to do now.
Too many players do not care about football as long as they are getting paid large amounts.
You've got a decent chance of bouncing back straight away this weekend. Everton will be leggy, have their minds on the Europa League, and have been off the boil in the PL for large parts of this campaign.

Giroud needs to step up, though.
Reply 2858
Original post by sr90
Nah it's got to be Fellaini, who else will we lump the long balls to?

inb4 fellani, di maria front two
mata cdm/ centre back again and rooney a holding midfielder

I think LVG genuinely gets pissed off at players sometimes so plays them in a crap role as revenge.
Original post by sr90
Arsenal signings last two seasons:

Sanogo, Flamini, Ozil, Sanchez, Chambers, Welbeck, Debuchy, Ospina, Chambers, Paulista, Bielik

That lot cost £150m and I don't see much ''established quality'' there apart from the obvious two. Most of them are the same type of player that Wenger has always gone for. I have no doubt that he'll leave a fantastic squad for whoever succeeds him but there's still a lot of work to do. Is a defensive unit containing Ospina, Bellerin, Gibbs, Mertesacker & Coquelin good enough to compete for the Premier League and Champions League? Not even close.

Wow, I can't believe that list cost 150m. I would disagree with you when you say most of that list are not established quality though. Actually I'd say most of them are good enough. The squad is the most complete its been in a long time.

The problem is we need to upgrade on some of our first team players, and that may mean stunting the development of a few youngsters. For me that cm position where Coquelin is playing is the most important upgrade, it would be good if we can find someone else in our squad to play next to him too when Ramsey and Wilshere are injured. I'm not sure Cazorla can play there in big games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest