The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by plasmaman
send me a pm any time bud

Original post by Odd socks
this is the third night ive been unable to sleep because my skin is too itchy, it's like little electric shocks under my skin that I have to scratch or it makes me tremble and I feel like crying I just want to sleep and not have terribke skin

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o

Sending :hugs:
done with all of this. why am I so incapable? got an extension for my work, because I was too lazy. now in exactly the same position and haven't started. I am sick of how foggy my brain is all the time and how I cant focus for a second. :cry2:
Original post by furryface12

Spoiler

Yeah I'm ok, thanks :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you

-----------------

They have taken me back under CMHT and I was wrongly discharged in the first place, they're going to get me a follow up appointment sometime in March and get me a clinical psychologist too. That and they are shocked at the treatment I received and the assessor is going to get given more training (she was only a trainee anyway). Think that this was the best possible outcome. Really quite relieved - the two consultants were lovely and helped me feel a lot better about the whole thing. Feel a bit silly for being so worried tbh. :colondollar:
Original post by Anonymous #2
Apart from Monday I've been feeling ok this week so stupidly I've been enjoying my time instead of working. But now I have an essay due in on Sunday and my mood has crashed and can't motivate myself to do anything :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Talk to me instead! May be slightly hyper and avoiding doing anything in any way useful... Hope you're ok :hugs:

Original post by ScaryScience
done with all of this. why am I so incapable? got an extension for my work, because I was too lazy. now in exactly the same position and haven't started. I am sick of how foggy my brain is all the time and how I cant focus for a second. :cry2:

:jumphug: Not lazy :nah: Know what you mean with the brain fog though, drives me mad :redface:

Original post by Pathway
Thank you

-----------------

They have taken me back under CMHT and I was wrongly discharged in the first place, they're going to get me a follow up appointment sometime in March and get me a clinical psychologist too. That and they are shocked at the treatment I received and the assessor is going to get given more training (she was only a trainee anyway). Think that this was the best possible outcome. Really quite relieved - the two consultants were lovely and helped me feel a lot better about the whole thing. Feel a bit silly for being so worried tbh. :colondollar:

Yay, glad it went well! Not silly at all for being worried, but it's good they're being helpful with stuff (even if it would've been better in the first place :unimpressed:) and you should hopefully get some decent support now :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay, glad it went well! Not silly at all for being worried, but it's good they're being helpful with stuff (even if it would've been better in the first place :unimpressed:) and you should hopefully get some decent support now :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully, thank you so much. <3
It's funny how simple things like having lunch with coursefriends can brighten up my day. Its put me in a super mood now. No doubt I will come crashing back down at some point but enjoying it for now.
Talk to me instead! May be slightly hyper and avoiding doing anything in any way useful... Hope you're ok :hugs:

Thanks :smile: Just going to try and push through it if I can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: Not lazy :nah: Know what you mean with the brain fog though, drives me mad :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:sadnod: definitely laziness. just sat there and thought 'I really cant be bothered to do this' and so asked for an extension. still cant be bothered. cant focus, cant think, cant come up with words, nothing. fat hideous loser
Original post by Anonymous
:sadnod: definitely laziness. just sat there and thought 'I really cant be bothered to do this' and so asked for an extension. still cant be bothered. cant focus, cant think, cant come up with words, nothing. fat hideous loser

me :/
Apart from Monday I've been feeling ok this week so stupidly I've been enjoying my time instead of working. But now I have an essay due in on Sunday and my mood has crashed and can't motivate myself to do anything :facepalm:

:hugs: Don't be too hard on yourself - get that a lot myself, but is important to enjoy yourself too! :redface: Though at the same time I always wish I did more work during that time too :colondollar:
Hope you're okay :s-smilie: try not to worry too much about essay :hugs:

:jumphug: Not lazy at all :frown: :nah: Sorry you're finding it difficult/impossible to focus - been finding that harder myself, recently, and isn't nice at all/so irritating :/
Try not to be too hard on yourself either? ^ Lots of :hugs:

-----------------------------------------------

So tired, got ~3-4 hours sleep last night, and have this whole dofe weekend from 6pm tonight until sunday :/
I think it'll be fun, and have lots of safe food if anxiety hits, and yeah, should be good, but just completely bleh about work, has sort of hit again now, just how screwed I am :s-smilie: Just want to sit here and cry. and just generally mood/MH being rubbish these last few weeks, and just feel quite stuck.
Essay presentation to do in 10 days, haven't even started yet, haven't a clue what to research/look at, how I'd present whatever it is I find out, and how or when I'm going to do this. Need to email someone about it but is just scary :frown:
Also need to have a GP appointment for physical stuff, and mental really, though just scared and don't know what they'll say/do. Feeling really bad atm, but then don't know what they'll say, or what they'll decided to do?
Like most of the time I'd say I only suffer from mild depression symptoms, but I've been dealing with that for the past 18 months, but then the NHS website just recommends talking therapies to help with it - which I've been doing for ~12 months now. and then it just gets situationally worse depending on what stuff I have on in life.

Blah. Just feel so so lost, going to fail exams too because I've missed so many lectures recently, and any I do go to, I haven't the faintest idea what we're doing really, and haven't a clue about questions or whatever. and can't see how I'm meant to manage any revision, or enough of it, anyway. Especially as there's this essay to write still, let alone just the presentation for it. Overall it's 5% of this year, but then even with just a pass, I'm just throwing away 2% off my whole grade because I'm too lazy/bleh to do it/to have done it.

Scared, and so low :frown: sorry for the ramble :/

The only thing I'm focussing on/actually care about it cinema, completely apathetic towards work, and that's just stupid. Just stayed in bed most days this week I swear :/ (and watching Friends :hide: )
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by purple-duck
:hugs: Don't be too hard on yourself - get that a lot myself, but is important to enjoy yourself too! :redface: Though at the same time I always wish I did more work during that time too :colondollar:

:jumphug: Not lazy at all :frown: :nah: Sorry you're finding it difficult/impossible to focus - been finding that harder myself, recently, and isn't nice at all/so irritating :/
Try not to be too hard on yourself either? ^ Lots of :hugs:

-----------------------------------------------

So tired, got ~3-4 hours sleep last night, and have this whole dofe weekend from 6pm tonight until sunday :/
I think it'll be fun, and have lots of safe food if anxiety hits, and yeah, should be good, but just completely bleh about work, has sort of hit again now, just how screwed I am :s-smilie: Just want to sit here and cry. and just generally mood/MH being rubbish these last few weeks, and just feel quite stuck.
Essay presentation to do in 10 days, haven't even started yet, haven't a clue what to research/look at, how I'd present whatever it is I find out, and how or when I'm going to do this. Need to email someone about it but is just scary :frown:
Also need to have a GP appointment for physical stuff, and mental really, though just scared and don't know what they'll say/do. Feeling really bad atm, but then don't know what they'll say, or what they'll decided to do?
Like most of the time I'd say I only suffer from mild depression symptoms, but I've been dealing with that for the past 18 months, but then the NHS website just recommends talking therapies to help with it - which I've been doing for ~12 months now. and then it just gets situationally worse depending on what stuff I have on in life.

Blah. Just feel so so lost, going to fail exams too because I've missed so many lectures recently, and any I do go to, I haven't the faintest idea what we're doing really, and haven't a clue about questions or whatever. and can't see how I'm meant to manage any revision, or enough of it, anyway. Especially as there's this essay to write still, let alone just the presentation for it. Overall it's 5% of this year, but then even with just a pass, I'm just throwing away 2% off my whole grade because I'm too lazy/bleh to do it/to have done it.

The only thing I'm focussing on/actually care about it cinema, completely apathetic towards work, and that's just stupid. Just stayed in bed most days this week I swear :/ (and watching Friends :hide: )

:lovehug: sorry you're feeling so rubbishy :/ In terms of work I feel exactly the same. How many weeks left of lectures now? I only have 4 so trying to focus on surviving, then revision comes after. Am around of fb if you ever need a rant. Friends is no bad thing either - you have good taste :yes:
Original post by Pathway
Hopefully, thank you so much. <3

:penguinhug:

Thanks :smile: Just going to try and push through it if I can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As ducky said, don't push yourself too much- your health is more important. Here if you want to talk though :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous

Sure you're not far or hideous though, and definitely not a loser, and laziness or not it doesn't stop you being ill and you're still not any of those things :no::console:

x[

App keeps crashing before I can read all of that but :jumphug: Enjoy/good luck for d of e!

---------
Completely crashed now both mentally and physically. I really need to get better at controlling my moods :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:grouphugs: for everyone, especially ducky and Scary :frown: Let's not confuse being mentally unwell with sheer laziness though, peeps! :grouphugs:

Original post by Pathway

SO relieved for you. Well done on speaking up, hun :jumphug:
Original post by Pathway
Thank you

-----------------

That's great news I'm really pleased for you :smile:
i'm hated and it's my own fault for being a annoying **** bucket
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Let's not confuse being mentally unwell with sheer laziness though, peeps! :grouphugs:

I still can't tell whether my inability to sit down and do work and focus on it/have no motivation is due to my anxiety or because I'm just lazy. Often beat myself up about it rightly or wrongly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
urgh. I need help :cry:

Let's make an action plan then.

Do you need help from us? What can we do?

Do you need services? Are you in contact with CMHT, IAPT etc.?

If not can you go to your GP and express you need help?

Or do you need help right now to keep safe? If so go to A&E otherwise call 111 or samaritans.

If you need help then try and get it.

:hugs: here if you want to talk!
-

I hope things start to improve for you soon.
:penguinhug:

As ducky said, don't push yourself too much- your health is more important. Here if you want to talk though :hugs:

---------
Completely crashed now both mentally and physically. I really need to get better at controlling my moods :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers :smile: Got a bit done, having a break now and then I'll get back to it. My mood is all over the place :s-smilie:

Wah, hope you feel better soon. Have no advice for controlling moods because I'm absolutely awful at it :colondollar: