The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozzyoscy
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Really pisses me off how little time divas get on a 3 hour show ffs. That showing right there was like 1 minute. If you're a diva in nxt theres no incentive to move up to the main roster apart from the money since divas are treated like crap on main roster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt Divas get any significant money. Midcarders and below get your standard retail worker regular wage after expenses and tax, I dread to think what female workers who are only on for a few minutes a week get.

That'll be why they always date a main eventer or move on to modelling or just another job. It sucks, but I wouldn't bet my house that all the diva relationships with Cena, Bryan, Orton etc. are true love.

And how convenient, **** just went down.

AJ Lee has a ****ing death wish, because it's not awkward enough to be married to the guy who walked out and destroyed your company in a public interview.

Steph McMahon tweeted someone thanking their fight for women's rights, then AJ tweeted Steph with:

"Your female wrestlers have record selling merchandise & have starred in the highest rated segment of the show several times, and yet they receive a fraction of the wages & screen time of the majority of the male roster."

So what's everyone's theory on Lesnar going home. Is it a money thing, or did Reigns really fail a Wellness Policy Test.
Reply 942

Steph McMahon tweeted someone thanking their fight for women's rights, then AJ tweeted Steph with:

"Your female wrestlers have record selling merchandise & have starred in the highest rated segment of the show several times, and yet they receive a fraction of the wages & screen time of the majority of the male roster."

She's spot on.
Reply 943
Original post by Kenan and Kel
So what's everyone's theory on Lesnar going home. Is it a money thing, or did Reigns really fail a Wellness Policy Test.

This rumour seems to be gaining traction, which is worrying. WWE have come out and refuted the allegations.
Original post by Mackay
She's spot on.

I don't know the numbers, I'd be surprised if they sell record amounts of merchandise let alone have the highest rated segments, given their segments are about a minute long.

Original post by Mackay
This rumour seems to be gaining traction, which is worrying. WWE have come out and refuted the allegations.

There's no reason for it not to gain traction. Same reason Savage/Steph and Lesnar trashing the locker room are or were well known rumours. It all starts with one guy making something up or guessing a possibility, then people who read it repeat it because it's believable, then everyone who reads that repeats it, then eventually everyone's talking about it, so there must be truth in it.

Lesnar is a company guy who's as controversial as a Lex Luger promo, so I'm erring on the side of caution. As much as I want to see Cena 2.0 killed off before it starts and we get 10 years of Reigns as world champ, though I'm sure Reigns is a nice chap. Unless he really is a druggy, then **** him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 945
I don't know the numbers, I'd be surprised if they sell record amounts of merchandise let alone have the highest rated segments, given their segments are about a minute long.

AJ and Paige, in particular, have the capacity to become this generation's Lita/Trish imo. Paige is an absolute star entity.

Read an article yesterday about women's wrestling at WrestleMania. No matches above ten minutes, 13 Manias without any women on the card, and only a few matches above 5 minutes.

Not good enough.
If AJ is staying then I can forsee WWE "cashing" in on these hashtag and create an angle, where - potentially - AJ Lee becomes the CM Punk 2011, where he does some sort of "shoot" promo basically on the themes she has tweeted about.

But, it might just be a 10min match Vince gives in return..

Or maybe not
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 947
Divas need more time. Fact.
Original post by Aky786UK
Or maybe not

I love how we're always supposed to ignore that real life isn't like the backstage segments on TV - no one will have any idea what Vince and Steph said to each other in private nor what Steph's reaction to it was. In real life there is no invisible fourth wall seeing what people do or say in complete privacy.
(edited 9 years ago)
TOPLESS PAIGE PICS!!!

Now that I have your attention, can you look at my old Undertaker Parody of Shrek is love Shrek is life? It's called
"Taker is love Taker is life" on Youtube.

p.s. No Paige pics, She's not that attractive to me anyway, only really liked Mickie James and I gotta admit I have a crush on AJ Lee or maybe Sasha banks. Don't understand what people obsess about over Paige.
Original post by Dean Ambrose
TOPLESS PAIGE PICS!!!

Now that I have your attention, can you look at my old Undertaker Parody of Shrek is love Shrek is life? It's called

p.s. No Paige pics, She's not that attractive to me anyway, only really liked Mickie James and I gotta admit I have a crush on AJ Lee or maybe Sasha banks. Don't understand what people obsess about over Paige.

Paige is hot. Used to follow her Instagram a few years ago back when it had the good stuff, but she deleted all of her best pics when she made it big. Like Mickie James too. AJ is okay, and haven't seen much of Sasha Banks. Divas (in terms of looks/appeal) peaked at Judgement 2003.
Ivory was my original favourite, the weird thing is now she looks even hotter at 50-something.

(btw guess what the very first thing she says about Triple H is, hahaha.)
Reply 952
Original post by Dean Ambrose
TOPLESS PAIGE PICS!!!

FFS genuinely believed that first sentence for a second.

I love Paige. May be because she's English, but she's so hot.
Apparently the Undertaker might not return until Wrestlemania. Can this company get any more dumb? As great as Wyatt is on the mic, I don't wanna sit through another 4 weeks of promos by him taunting the deadman. I wanna see Taker do a promo or two too. That will make the feud a whole lot better but Vince 'out of touch' McMahon doesn't see it that way.
Reply 954
Original post by Mackay
Divas need more time. Fact.

Please no. Most of them are awful.
And they are planning on doing a ladder match for the IC title at Wrestlemania featuring BNB, Truth, Ambrose, Ziggler and Daniel Bryan...... Yes... DANIEL FREAKING BRYAN. Is this company stupid or something? Bryan goes from not only main eventing the previous Wrestlemania for the world title, but also main eventing the most recent pay per view for a chance to compete for the world title at Wrestlemania 31... He goes from all that to competing for a meaningless title. This company is so stupid now, it's unbelievable.
Original post by The_K1NG
And they are planning on doing a ladder match for the IC title at Wrestlemania featuring BNB, Truth, Ambrose, Ziggler and Daniel Bryan...... Yes... DANIEL FREAKING BRYAN. Is this company stupid or something? Bryan goes from not only main eventing the previous Wrestlemania for the world title, but also main eventing the most recent pay per view for a chance to compete for the world title at Wrestlemania 31... He goes from all that to competing for a meaningless title. This company is so stupid now, it's unbelievable.

What else is bryan gonna do. Helps restore credibility to the title with the likes of bryan Ambrose and ziggler competing for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What else is bryan gonna do. Helps restore credibility to the title with the likes of bryan Ambrose and ziggler competing for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not have Bryan vs Ziggler or Ambrose instead in a singles match? That would be much better.
Original post by The_K1NG
Why not have Bryan vs Ziggler or Ambrose instead in a singles match? That would be much better.

Having them all in the ladder match will make for spectacular viewing imo lol. They have other matches they want to put on at mania too so could be hard to split this up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having them all in the ladder match will make for spectacular viewing imo lol. They have other matches they want to put on at mania too so could be hard to split this up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree that it would be a great match but I feel that it's a bit stupid to have Bryan compete for the IC title but like you said it may increase the credibility of the title.

Quick Reply

Latest