The Student Room Group

people keep asking if i fancy her?

people in my sixth form keep asking if i fancy a girl in my sixth form,shes in my english and form class and we get along well...shes practically one of my closest friends in my form,i help her quite a bit in english and somehow that has been translated into me and her being a sort of item? now i wont deny...i do think shes fairly pretty but im not exactly interested in her in that way because for a start shes dating a boy in year 11 so i wouldnt really want to date her anyway if shes in a relationship and i dont think shes really my type,i tend to keep to myself and keep my feelings to myself...i kind of like other girls(but i cant decide which guess that'll come in time) why do people think i fancy her and how can i make them stop? i admit i may have seemed a bit awestruck around her in the first week but now i can talk to her completely comfortably?
Reply 1
The more you give attention to the rumour, the more it will spread. Just treat her like you would any other girl that's a friend. If you go around denying the crush too much, people will pick up on that too. People will see any boy or girl getting friendly and turn it into something it's not. Pretty soon they'll be on to the next rumour.
Reply 2
Original post by Foo.mp3
"She's alright" :dontknow:

thanks foo
Reply 3
Original post by chinelady
The more you give attention to the rumour, the more it will spread. Just treat her like you would any other girl that's a friend. If you go around denying the crush too much, people will pick up on that too. People will see any boy or girl getting friendly and turn it into something it's not. Pretty soon they'll be on to the next rumour.

good point,thank you!

Quick Reply