The Student Room Group

The 2015 Six Nations Thread

Scroll to see replies

Scotland are by far the most frustrating team to watch. Always get close but that's it
Original post by Zander01
Scotland are by far the most frustrating team to watch. Always get close but that's it

They won that game by about 10 points, it was just that the ref screwed them over. you can't really blame scotland for that, I thought they were by far the more enterprising and entertaining team.
Original post by cole-slaw
They won that game by about 10 points, it was just that the ref screwed them over. you can't really blame scotland for that, I thought they were by far the more enterprising and entertaining team.

I know, part of the frustration is the fact we're unlucky a lot of the time too
Prediction - England, I think will win this year. So many strong players, an alloy of veterans and youngsters. Jonathan Joseph George Ford in combo with veterans like James Haskell, Mike Brown and the two Vunipolas. Then add captain Robshaw and Nick Easter and there you go.

I support Wales through and through. Cymru am byth. :smile:
Original post by BADBOY89
Prediction - England, I think will win this year. So many strong players, an alloy of veterans and youngsters. Jonathan Joseph George Ford in combo with veterans like James Haskell, Mike Brown and the two Vunipolas. Then add captain Robshaw and Nick Easter and there you go.

Haha! Controversial for you if you're a Wales supporter -- we do have a good side that's for sure as long as we don't get knocked out again like Brown :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Vunipolas are not exactly veterans!

I was at Twickenham for Mako's first Premiership start in 2012. By the end of the year he was starting the second Lions test!
Wales team for France:

1: Gethin Jenkins 2: Scott Baldwin 3: Samson Lee
4: Luke Charteris 5: Alun-Wyn Jones
6: Dan Lydiate 8: Taulupe Faletau 7: Sam Warburton (c)

9: Rhys Webb 10: Dan Biggar
12: Jamie Roberts 13: Jonathan Davies
11:
Liam Williams 15: Leigh Halfpenny 14: George North

Bench: Richard Hibbard, Paul James, Samson Lee, Bradley Davies, Justin Tipuric, Mike Phillips, Rhys Priestland, Scott Williams
France team for Wales:

1: Eddy Ben Arous 2: Guilhem Guirado 3: Rabah Slimani
4: Romain Taofifenua 5: Yoann Maestri
6:
Thierry Dusautoir (c) 8: Damien Chouly 7: Bernard Le Roux

9: Morgan Parra 10: Camille Lopez
12: Wesley Fofana 13: Rémi Lamerat
11: Sofiane Guitoune 15: Brice Dulin 14: Yoann Huget

Bench: Benjamin Kayser, Uini Atonio, Vincent Débaty, Jocelino Suta, Loann Goujon, Sébastien Tillous-Borde, Rémi Talès, Mathieu Bastareaud

After naming an unchanged XV last time out, PSA has rung the changes for this one.
Italy team for Scotland:

1: Matías Agüero 2: Leonardo Ghiraldini 3: Dario Chistolini
4: George Biagi 5: Josh Furno
6: Francesco Minto 8: Sergio Parisse (c) 7: Simone Favaro

9: Edoardo Gori 10: Kelly Haimona
12:
Enrico Bacchin 13: Luca Morisi
11: Giovanbattista Venditti 15: Luke McLean 14: Michele Visentin

Bench:
Andrea Manici, Alberto de Marchi, Lorenzo Cittadini, Marco Fuser, Samuela Vunisa, Guglielmo Palazzani, Tommaso Allan, Giulio Bisegni.

Two names I've never heard of in Bacchin and Visentin come in for débuts.

Scotland team for Italy:

1: Alasdair Dickinson 2: Ross Ford 3: Euan Murray
4: Tim Swinson 5: Jonny Gray
6: Rob Harley 8: Johnnie Beattie 7: Blair Cowan

9: Greig Laidlaw (c) 10: Peter Horne
12: Alex Dunbar 13: Mark Bennett
11: Tommy Seymour 15: Stuart Hogg 14: Sean Lamont

Bench: Fraser Brown, Ryan Grant, Geoff Cross, Ben Toolis, Hamish Watson, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, Greig Tonks, Matt Scott

Russell and Richie Gray are out - that could be costly but they should still beat Italy.
Original post by Quiet _One86
Haha! Controversial for you if you're a Wales supporter -- we do have a good side that's for sure as long as we don't get knocked out again like Brown :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I don't wish England or France any luck. Of course I want to see Wales come back and beat all other teams to win the 6 Nations like they did in 2013. I am speculating based on the players at England's disposal. The English are quite likely to win it with names like Joseph, the Vunipolas, Haskell, Twelvetrees, Care, Youngs, etc. on their side. Anyway, Cymru am byth. Wales, get on the pitch in Paris and God-willing, snatch the win tomorrow! Amen. :smile:
Ireland team for England:

1: Jack McGrath 2: Rory Best 3: Mike Ross
4: Devin Toner 5: Paul O'Connell (c)
6: Peter O'Mahony 8: Jordi Murphy 7: Sean O'Brien

9: Conor Murray 10: Jonny Sexton
12: Robbie Henshaw 13: Jared Payne
11: Simon Zebo 15: Rob Kearney 14: Tommy Bowe

Bench: Sean Cronin, Cian Healy, Martin Moore, Iain Henderson, Tommy O'Donnell, Eoin Reddan, Ian Madigan, Felix Jones

England team for Ireland:

1: Joe Marler 2: Dylan Hartley 3: Dan Cole
4: George Kruis 5: Dave Attwood
6: James Haskell 8: Billy Vunipola 7: Chris Robshaw (c)

9: Ben Youngs 10: George Ford
12: Luther Burrell 13: Jonathan Joseph
11: Jack Nowell 15: Alex Goode 14: Anthony Watson

Bench: Tom Youngs, Mako Vunipola, Henry Thomas, Nick Easter, Tom Croft, Richard Wigglesworth, Danny Cipriani, Billy Twelvetrees

Of the two, I have to say Ireland look the better team on paper.
Haha, I don't wish England or France any luck. Of course I want to see Wales come back and beat all other teams to win the 6 Nations like they did in 2013. I am speculating based on the players at England's disposal. The English are quite likely to win it with names like Joseph, the Vunipolas, Haskell, Twelvetrees, Care, Youngs, etc. on their side. Anyway, Cymru am byth. Wales, get on the pitch in Paris and God-willing, snatch the win tomorrow! Amen. :smile:

|Watch this space & pob lwc - Gobeithio eich bod yn iawn :smile:

Twelvetrees? Twelvetrees?! Not one of the greatest names at our disposal. (Although his name itself is great, especially the story behind it.)
Crisis: Don't know whether to support Ireland or England.

Live in England, and was born here, but all my family are Irish and my last name is O'Brien ffs.

Crisis here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Crisis: Don't know whether to support Ireland or England.

Live in England, and was born here, but all my family are Irish and my last name is O'Brien ffs.

Crisis here.

Er, England!

Although Ireland are my second team too.
Original post by O133
Er, England!

Although Ireland are my second team too.

But then I'm betraying my roots :'(

**** it. Let's have a draw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But then I'm betraying my roots :'(

**** it. Let's have a draw.

Be careful what you wish for. A draw just helps the Welsh.
Original post by O133
Be careful what you wish for. A draw just helps the Welsh.

Arghhhhh! I think my hate for the Welsh overpowers my want for both to win. **** it I'm going to flip a coin.

Let me go find one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arghhhhh! I think my hate for the Welsh overpowers my want for both to win.

PRSOM

How come you hate the Welsh so much?
Original post by O133
PRSOM

How come you hate the Welsh so much?

Found one.

The country's a dump
The accent is irritating
The place names are ridiculous
The people smell of sheep's piss
My idiot head teacher's Welsh

Need I go on?

Flipping the coin now. Heads = England, Tails = Ireland.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest