The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EuroMed
Don't feed the trolls, this is a new account that was made today. Some people get sadistic enjoyment out of it.

Original post by blissfully
ukcat of '1000' - obviously just a troll trying to cause havoc, best thing to do is just ignore it :biggrin:

I thought it might be but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing it up. Honestly some people have sad lives if this is what they do for fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by warmhugs
I thought it might be but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing it up. Honestly some people have sad lives if this is what they do for fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by blissfully
ukcat of '1000' - obviously just a troll trying to cause havoc, best thing to do is just ignore it :biggrin:

Original post by EuroMed
Don't feed the trolls, this is a new account that was made today. Some people get sadistic enjoyment out of it.

Woah that is really rude :frown: you cant talk to someone like that.
And liverpool is just as good as any other medical school. Please keep your snarky comments to yourself.

Also your post makes no sense!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're obviously trolling cos isnt the lowest UKCAT score possible 1200?? 300 in each subsection....shouldve atleast got his/her facts right hahah
Hey guys
I'm applying to medical school this year
What do St George's look for
GCSEs?
A levels
Work experience
Etc...
Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1863
Original post by Bloom77
Hey guys
GCSEs?
A levels
Work experience
Etc...
Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look on their site says there.
Reply 1864
Offer! International student interviewed on 19th feb
Original post by Bloom77
Hey guys
GCSEs?
A levels
Work experience
Etc...
Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSEs: average at least an A amongst your top eight subjects
A-levels: min AAAb
Work experience: just do lots of wrk exp and voluntary work because if you are invited to interview you will need five references from these placements.
UKCAT: And of course a very high UKCAT. The higher you are the quicker you are given an interview. I think this years average of the minimum score was 637.5. Aim for closer to 700 so you have a chance with other ukcat heavy unis.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AM2311

Congratulations!
Will you be firming?

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSEs: average at least an A amongst your top eight subjects
A-levels: min AAAb
Work experience: just do lots of wrk exp and voluntary work because if you are invited to interview you will need five references from these placements.
UKCAT: And of course a very high UKCAT. The higher you are the quicker you are given an interview. I think this years average of the minimum score was 637.5. Aim for closer to 700 so you have a chance with other ukcat heavy unis.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
this so does help!!
Original post by AM2311

Congratulations! When did you receive the email?
Reply 1869
My interview is at 4 and i know i need to arrive at 2:20. So what do i do whilst im waiting for my cycle to begin? Can i still continue to look at my notes/book?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1870
Original post by jojoefghi
Congratulations! When did you receive the email?

Yesterday at about 4pm UK time
Original post by mahmeh
My interview is at 4 and i know i need to arrive at 2:20. So what do i do whilst im waiting for my cycle to begin? Can i still continue to look at my notes/book?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well first you will have an introductory presentation then you will be in a room with the other people who have an interview at the same time as you. When I went there was someone who spent the time to look over their notes, however I preferred to use the time to try to relax and chat to the other interviewees there and also the 4th year medical student from St Georges that was there to chat to us about their experience at St Georges. So while you can use the time to look at notes It may not be that productive as you will likely be distracted and it might just put extra pressure on yourself, plus you will miss an excellent chance to talk to a current medical student.
Has anyone else who had an interview on 6th Feb still not heard back?
Right so I'm still quite baffled by receiving an offer! Do they use the UKCAT in deciding who gets an offer (i had 700)? Because my interview really didn't go that well haha!
Original post by erudite
Right so I'm still quite baffled by receiving an offer! Do they use the UKCAT in deciding who gets an offer (i had 700)? Because my interview really didn't go that well haha!

Nope, the only thing they consider is the interview. Obviously it didn't go as badly as you thought :P
Original post by Paras Agarwal
are internationals getting offers?

waiting :angry::angry::angry:
Original post by jojoefghi
I had mine on 6th Feb too and I haven't heard back either. How did you feel yours went?

I was there too on that day .... havent heard back either
Original post by abdelrahman777
I was there too on that day .... havent heard back either

This wait is agonizing!! :mad:
Original post by Jaska
O yeah I'm sending mine off today cause I forgot to bring in to interview. I'm sure the email was just generic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you sent your references in yet? if so, has your track updated?
Original post by AM2311

May I ask about ur grades and UKCAT?
Also did u apply to a900?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending