The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maew
Hello,

I was just wondering if I could join this thread to make some new friends and just to generally talk. I was bullied through secondary school which sprung up panic attacks and social anxiety after I left but I'm trying to get better. It would just be really nice to talk to someone sometimes as I always feel like bothering my friends when I bring up the situation (though a lot don't know the true extent to the problem). I had a bad spring up of memories today which is why I decided to post on this thread, I hope you don't mind.

It's lovely to meet you all :redface:

welcome to the thread! spring any questions/concerns any time :smile:
Reply 2021
Original post by plasmaman
welcome to the thread! spring any questions/concerns any time :smile:

Thank you for the warm welcome! :smile: I just haven't had a great week. I was doing well socially and emotionally for the past few weeks but I have to pick myself up again. It's just been a long recovery from the incidents from my old school so would like a place just to talk about stuff. :smile:
My friend has invited me around to another friend's house tomorrow, I don't like doing this but I am trying to get a gym session in, as every day I aim to I don't get the time or lose motivation (last time I got there and didn't have my trainers ffs). If I don't keep on top of it my mood gets worse and atm I feel like I have laboured breathing, tired a lot and I'm not getting to bed at a sensible time, 5.30 am last night. I already have obsessive thoughts that my mum doesn't want me to go to the gym and wants me to put on weight which led to ED behaviours. I also have things to do around the house. But I feel like I have to please friends as the only way they are judging my recovery is coming out to every social, and they will see me as weak/lazy etc. if I do not go. What do I do?
Original post by maew
Thank you for the warm welcome! :smile: I just haven't had a great week. I was doing well socially and emotionally for the past few weeks but I have to pick myself up again. It's just been a long recovery from the incidents from my old school so would like a place just to talk about stuff. :smile:

no problem, feel free to pm also.
have a good weekend :smile:
Original post by IDukem

This would be HUGE step for me...small deal for others, but massive for me as this is/was one thing that is like a no-go zone for me :colondollar:

Well I'm proud of you for considering it and thinking about giving it a go :yep:

Original post by maew
Hello,

I was just wondering if I could join this thread to make some new friends and just to generally talk. I was bullied through secondary school which sprung up panic attacks and social anxiety after I left but I'm trying to get better. It would just be really nice to talk to someone sometimes as I always feel like bothering my friends when I bring up the situation (though a lot don't know the true extent to the problem). I had a bad spring up of memories today which is why I decided to post on this thread, I hope you don't mind.

It's lovely to meet you all :redface:

Hi maew! Nice to meet you, though sorry to read about what brings you here :frown: I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus: You are very welcome in MHSS! :h:

Original post by Pathway
Thank you. I am trying - although, I am still concerned about how my exam on Wednesday went...My disability adviser said that I will be able to apply for extenuating circumstances, just wish I didn't have to (feel bad about that too). But I have been really struggling lately. :frown: And having panic attacks/flashbacks the night before and panic attacks during the exam did not help at all.
Yeah, I hope so, just not sure what the clinical psychologist would be able to do? Feel really stupid because I feel like I'm beyond help.

I can't imagine how awful having panic attacks in the exam must be :frown: I don't think you're beyond help :nah: It's just no one has tried to help you properly yet! A clinical psychologist could engage with you in trauma therapy and/or cognitive behavioural therapy and/or that eye movement therapy thing (I forget the acronym :colondollar: ), depending on what's deemed appropriate :yes:
Reply 2025
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well I'm proud of you for considering it and thinking about giving it a go :yep:

Hi maew! Nice to meet you, though sorry to read about what brings you here :frown: I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus: You are very welcome in MHSS! :h:

I can't imagine how awful having panic attacks in the exam must be :frown: I don't think you're beyond help :nah: It's just no one has tried to help you properly yet! A clinical psychologist could engage with you in trauma therapy and/or cognitive behavioural therapy and/or that eye movement therapy thing (I forget the acronym :colondollar: ), depending on what's deemed appropriate :yes:

Hello Shan, thank you for the warm welcome :smile:
Original post by furryface12
:jumphug:
Well done! Hope it settles a bit soon (preferably in a good way) :hugs:

I should know by now that the more I let myself be hyper, the worse I am afterwards. Yet I still never seem to pay any attention and regret it later. Need to actually do stuff tomorrow and right now I'm struggling to even stand up. Sorry, I'll stop whining, it's my own fault :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely not your fault, hope you're ok :frown: :hugs:
My girlfriend is too emotionally dependant on me and it puts so much pressure on me. I can't live up to the image of perfection she has of me. When she says "i love you", i hear "i need you" instead.
Original post by james1211
My girlfriend is too emotionally dependant on me and it puts so much pressure on me. I can't live up to the image of perfection she has of me. When she says "i love you", i hear "i need you" instead.

have you spoken to her about it?
Original post by lauraaaaa
have you spoken to her about it?

I'm still working out the most tactful way of doing it.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand voices are back :sigh: Should have known them vanishing was too good to be true :cry2:
Question: Has anyone experienced more frequent urination (particularly at night) when on antidepressants? I I've tried looking it up but not found anything. I've been on the antidepressants for over a month and this has began to happen within the last two/three weeks, and that's the only major change I can think of.

Sending hugs to all that need it. The last week has been pretty good for me up until yesterday, but family arguments are sending me back on the downward spiral.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand voices are back :sigh: Should have known them vanishing was too good to be true :cry2:

Oh no. :frown: I'm so sorry to hear that TLG. Could you call your psychiatrist and see if maybe they can make a medication adjustment or something? :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)

:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Question: Has anyone experienced more frequent urination (particularly at night) when on antidepressants? I I've tried looking it up but not found anything. I've been on the antidepressants for over a month and this has began to happen within the last two/three weeks, and that's the only major change I can think of.

Sending hugs to all that need it. The last week has been pretty good for me up until yesterday, but family arguments are sending me back on the downward spiral.

As silly as it sounds, are you drinking more at night?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh no. :frown: I'm so sorry to hear the TLG. Could you call your psychiatrist and see if maybe they can make a medication adjustment or something? :hugs:

Thanks peeps. I think I've forgotten to take my tablets over the past few days, so hoping it's just that. Still sucks though :bawling:
Thanks peeps. I think I've forgotten to take my tablets over the past few days, so hoping it's just that. Still sucks though :bawling:

:fuhrer: take your meds missy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: Hope they go away again soon :s-smilie: Would offer to talk but need to be up at 6:30 so should probably try and sleep :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
:fuhrer: take your meds missy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do so in the morning :redface:

Original post by furryface12
:jumphug: Hope they go away again soon :s-smilie: Would offer to talk but need to be up at 6:30 so should probably try and sleep :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, thanks for the hugs :frown:

Latest