The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Applying to York for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
I'm still a sitting duck for both York (history and politics) and StA (ir and modern history).
University of York
York
Original post by SarahLund
Hey, just wondering if anyone hasn't heard back for any Linguistics course? I'm getting a little annoyed that I haven't heard and open days are running this month, especially because I've decided on my firm and just want to get t over and done with now tbh

I haven't heard back for linguistics either! Annoying but they still have a while to decide :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else applied for Social Work 2015 start and have an offer yet? :smile:
Original post by hollybeth
I haven't heard back for linguistics either! Annoying but they still have a while to decide :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's a little reassuring! Yeah I know :smile: but it's properly annoying seeing people who applied way after me receive decisions already
I've got an offer for criminology :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holding an offer for politics and IR, which I'll probably firm!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went to visit yesterday and I loved everything I saw. However, I can see why some people say it's a tad uneventful cos outside of the university, there didn't seem there didn't seem to be a wealth of activities going on for students
I still haven't got an offer and applied in november. :frown: its the only one I'm waiting for.... I wonder if anyone else is still waiting for a biomed offer?

And also - does it mean im in the consider list since Im doing a btec?

As long as you want it and work for it hard enough, there is not a thing you cannot achieve. Mobile
I'm waiting for Biochemistry and applied in November too :frown:
Original post by CescaD96
Hi!
So who is applying for York for 2015, and what degree? I've applied for History and Politics!

Connect to University of York here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying.

Hey everybody! I have applied to study philosophy this year, any other applicants for this course? Only received my offer from York today! :smile:
Reply 510
Original post by ladywolf
Hey everybody! I have applied to study philosophy this year, any other applicants for this course? Only received my offer from York today! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer! I've yet to hear back myself, and I'm not a philosophy applicant, obviously.
Congratulations on your offer! I've yet to hear back myself, and I'm not a philosophy applicant, obviously.

I'm new to this haha!

Thank you! :smile: I wish you all the best of luck for History and Politics!!!
Reply 512
I'm new to this haha!

Thank you! :smile: I wish you all the best of luck for History and Politics!!!

That quoted you twice, sorry. My phone isn't liking tsr tonight. :smile:

Thanks! Though I'm tired of waiting.
That quoted you twice, sorry. My phone isn't liking tsr tonight. :smile:

Thanks! Though I'm tired of waiting.

I know, it gives you something to hopefully look forward to though!

Where else have you applied??
Reply 514
I know, it gives you something to hopefully look forward to though!

Where else have you applied??

At this rate I don't mind even if they reject me. I'm waiting also to hear from St Andrews, and I've offers from Queens Belfast, Glasgow and Dundee, and I'll be firming Dundee because they've given me a scholarship and second year entry.

Where have you applied for?
At this rate I don't mind even if they reject me. I'm waiting also to hear from St Andrews, and I've offers from Queens Belfast, Glasgow and Dundee, and I'll be firming Dundee because they've given me a scholarship and second year entry.

Where have you applied for?

Ahh nice choices :smile:

I had such a mare with university this year, I applied to Manchester, Oxford Brookes, Hull & Kent originally but decided I no longer wanted to study a joint honours at either of them so applied for York through Extra recently, which was risky!

Congrats on the scholarship man, that's amazing!
Reply 516
Ahh nice choices :smile:

I had such a mare with university this year, I applied to Manchester, Oxford Brookes, Hull & Kent originally but decided I no longer wanted to study a joint honours at either of them so applied for York through Extra recently, which was risky!

Congrats on the scholarship man, that's amazing!

What did you originally apply for?

Thanks. :smile: You applied through Extra? You're so lucky!
What did you originally apply for?

Thanks. :smile: You applied through Extra? You're so lucky!

Originally applied for Film and Philosophy at those 5. Yes, I know I'm shocked myself!! It's crazy how things turn out
Reply 518
Originally applied for Film and Philosophy at those 5. Yes, I know I'm shocked myself!! It's crazy how things turn out

Film just not what you wanted to do?
Film just not what you wanted to do?

I'm studying film at college right now and I do enjoy it but after researching more in to philosophy for ages now, I'd much prefer to take it as a single honours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending