The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medicjug
Nobody is taking about it in specifics. Saying that it went bad or good doesn't advantage or disadvantage anyone ☺️

I understand, but its still against tsr rules.
Original post by AliRizzo
Less daunting than I thought. Just trying to figure out which of the beautiful women Neostigmine was.

:h: I wasn't there unfortunately :sad:. I had a 3 hour lecture on burns :erm: but hopefully lots of lovely helpful medical students were there to help you instead :yes:.

Hopefully you're all feeling positive after interview :h:

You're allowed to say "it went good" or "it went bad" but yeah, avoid specifics.
Original post by Medicjug
How was it guys? I was fortunate enough to have two really lovely interviewers who really made me feel at ease. The group task though felt a bit like there was a piece of meat on the table and everyone was going for it.

Haha. Love the Group task comment. I really enjoyed my individual one too. I swear it just made me want Southampton more.... My group one was alright. I'm just hoping I didn't talk to much although only really did like 3/4 times. How did you feel you did?
Haha I was really upset because nobody really gave me a chance to talk in the group talk and they were trying to "involve everyone". It annoyed me because they just assumed the alpha male leader of the pack position but anyway the individual interview was really enjoyable and same I really want southampton now 🙈🙈🙈🙈 which one were you?
It mist be so difficult for them to decide based on the interviews today as I felt it was more of a general chat. I suppose they know exactly what they are doing as thy have for years!!! Best of luck - we should find out by the end of march I was told.

To those who didn't get interviews, don't be disheartend as it was 25 applicants to 1 place this year!

They are interviewing 120 applicants for 30 places this year!
Reply 725
Original post by Joanne9495
It mist be so difficult for them to decide based on the interviews today as I felt it was more of a general chat. I suppose they know exactly what they are doing as thy have for years!!! Best of luck - we should find out by the end of march I was told.

To those who didn't get interviews, don't be disheartend as it was 25 applicants to 1 place this year!

They are interviewing 120 applicants for 30 places this year!

Jw, where did the figure of 120 come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 726
Original post by TCO
Jw, where did the figure of 120 come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think that figure is correct either
Original post by omiee
I don't think that figure is correct either

I was speaking with the BM6 students helping and they were saying it was 25:1 for a place. I then said it is 2:1 for an offer after interview as I thought they only interviewed around 90 and made 45ish offers but they told me that they are interviewing 120 this year.
Reply 728
I was speaking with the BM6 students helping and they were saying it was 25:1 for a place. I then said it is 2:1 for an offer after interview as I thought they only interviewed around 90 and made 45ish offers but they told me that they are interviewing 120 this year.

Did they also tell you how many offers they're giving out this year?
I reckon they're giving out more than 45 since they're interviewing more people ( happened in previous years).
Original post by omiee
I reckon they're giving out more than 45 since they're interviewing more people ( happened in previous years).

No, they never said. Really? Hopefully!!!! I am not sure they would know though what they were planning to tell us in the first place. I think I am going to call up and ask next week sometime and I also want to clarify what actually goes in to deciding the offers. The med students said it is entirely the interview but I have heard loads of different theories. I'll post when I find out! x
Reply 730
No, they never said. Really? Hopefully!!!! I am not sure they would know though what they were planning to tell us in the first place. I think I am going to call up and ask next week sometime and I also want to clarify what actually goes in to deciding the offers. The med students said it is entirely the interview but I have heard loads of different theories. I'll post when I find out! x

I am planning to do the same tbh since so many different stories are going round. I also heard that they send out 5/6 early offers to those who scored full marks in both their ps and interview :biggrin:
Original post by omiee
I am planning to do the same tbh since so many different stories are going round. I also heard that they send out 5/6 early offers to those who scored full marks in both their ps and interview :biggrin:

seems like bm6 have one of the most brutal selection policies ..just 30 offers from 120ish interviews :o:o:redface:
Reply 732
Original post by games211
seems like bm6 have one of the most brutal selection policies ..just 30 offers from 120ish interviews :o:o:redface:

It's the most competitive course out there :frown:
Original post by omiee

tbh I think all offer holders are going to need to get/near full marks!
Original post by games211

45 offers :yes:

Original post by omiee

They usually send out a batch of around 10-15 offers and then loads more follow. :yes:

Original post by omiee

No, they'll give the same number of offers a otherwise they will overfill the course.
Reply 735
Original post by Neostigmine
45 offers :yes:

They usually send out a batch of around 10-15 offers and then loads more follow. :yes:

No, they'll give the same number of offers a otherwise they will overfill the course.

How early are those ''10-15'' offers usually sent out? 10 days after the interview? And do they wait till EVERYONE has attended an interview before deciding who'll get an offer and who won't or do they give the people who attend the second selection day offers based on how many are left to give out?
Original post by omiee
How early are those ''10-15'' offers usually sent out? 10 days after the interview? And do they wait till EVERYONE has attended an interview before deciding who'll get an offer and who won't or do they give the people who attend the second selection day offers based on how many are left to give out?

I think they will probably wait as it means 60 candidates are attending the 2nd selection day. That is a lot so in comparison to the 45 offers, it is a little unfair to maybe hand out a third immediately and they give the others the remaining when the 45 best candidates could all have attended that day.
Very unlikely but they may hand out to the ones who achieved full marks or very very high as a sign they could have not done any better and no one could have done better than them if that makes any sense.
Why have any rejections not been Sent out yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 738
Original post by mangomango

Posted from TSR Mobile

They'll be sent out near the end of March
Original post by omiee

Usually after all the interviews are done if I remember correctly but they don't have a set of rules to follow and it seems to be change slightly each year.

Original post by mangomango

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the last thing on their priority list. They also like to keep options open.

To those waiting to hear from interviews, just try to forget. Don't try to figure out when/dates etc as it makes life really stressful. You'll hear when you hear. Hearing early or late makes no difference, knowing how many offers there are makes no difference.

Just try to forget it, check your emails once a day and just chill. You've done the ahrd part now get your grades.

You should all be really proud of getting an interview. But try not to sweat and pick apart the details of when you may or may not hear by. It doesn't do anyone any good!

Latest

Trending

Trending