The Student Room Group

Where to buy skirts if you're really tall?

so Im a 6ft tall girl and I am having loads of trouble finding skirts. Most skirts are way too short for me and I feel really self-conscious wearing them.

Does anyone know where I can buy longer short skirts (like longer skater skirts or mini skirts) which will fit my height and not be really expensive? The 'tall' section at Topshop is disgusting and overpriced, the tall section at Asos only has long floor length skirts and everywhere else the skirts seem to be way too shirt.
Original post by liass
so Im a 6ft tall girl and I am having loads of trouble finding skirts. Most skirts are way too short for me and I feel really self-conscious wearing them.

Does anyone know where I can buy longer short skirts (like longer skater skirts or mini skirts) which will fit my height and not be really expensive? The 'tall' section at Topshop is disgusting and overpriced, the tall section at Asos only has long floor length skirts and everywhere else the skirts seem to be way too shirt.

what kind of device do you have?
Reply 2
Original post by _jasmineyoung
what kind of device do you have?

Device????
Hi,

Try Long Tall Sally. :smile:
Reply 4
You could try Long Tall Sally but their skirts are really overpriced for what they are and I find their sizing is often really weird. I'm 6'1" and I buy most of my skirts in vintage shops (same with playsuits and tbh most of my other clothes). Anthropologie have some nice skirts too, but they are quite pricey unless you can snag a bargain in the sales - I got a really nice mini-skirt in there a few years ago though, and still wear it now - the quality is pretty good. It's trousers I have trouble with - Topshop's are THE WORST for fit!
Reply 5
Original post by Blue Mizu
Hi,

Try Long Tall Sally. :smile:

I went there but unfortunately they only seem to have long floor length skirts :frown: and theyre all like £60!!

Original post by el244
You could try Long Tall Sally but their skirts are really overpriced for what they are and I find their sizing is often really weird. I'm 6'1" and I buy most of my skirts in vintage shops (same with playsuits and tbh most of my other clothes). Anthropologie have some nice skirts too, but they are quite pricey unless you can snag a bargain in the sales - I got a really nice mini-skirt in there a few years ago though, and still wear it now - the quality is pretty good. It's trousers I have trouble with - Topshop's are THE WORST for fit!

By vintage shops is that charity shops or those cutesy boutique stores?
Reply 6
Original post by liass
I went there but unfortunately they only seem to have long floor length skirts :frown: and theyre all like £60!!

By vintage shops is that charity shops or those cutesy boutique stores?

I buy a lot from charity shops - the vintage shops I've been to aren't really 'cutesy boutique stores'; just places that sell clothing that ranges from the 50s-90s! If you can sew, you can shorten longer skirts often with good results if you're wanting a shorter skirt! Urban Outfitters also sometimes has some good stuff too (I always buy in the sale there because full price the stuff is way too expensive)! You could try ASOS Marketplace as well which has a lot of choice and often is more affordable! Long Tall Sally did have a range called 'TTYA' as well which had a couple of skirts, but I don't know if it's still around (and it was probably expensive). Being tall is such a nightmare sometimes!
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm 5'7 and i have been ever since i was 13 :frown: :frown: I always get my clothes from topshop, banks, and river island.:biggrin:
A lot of high street stores do a 'tall' range now. :smile:
Reply 9
Boohoo! The skirts and maxi dresses are trendy, stylish and are great value for money.
mid-length skirt would be a nice choice for u
check what you want here:http://bit.ly/W2Wjw2
Original post by black_mamba
A lot of high street stores do a 'tall' range now. :smile:

I think you must try to buy clothes from high street stores who are having a great range of clothes for tall girl.
Mountain Apparel

Quick Reply

Latest