The Student Room Group

Yr10 Geography Controlled Assessment (AQA)

Hi I'm in year 10 and we are starting a controlled assessment in Geography soon, the question is: 'Does Grasmere present characteristics of a honeypot site'. I already have an idea of how to lay it out, plus I know what a honeypot site is, but I just want some insight into Grasmere. When we go on our field trip, I want to have an idea of what I have to identify and what evidence should I use to prove that it is a honeypot site.

I want to ace this controlled assessment, so there's less pressure for my exams, please could anyone help and tell me about features in Grasmere, I may need to take into consideration.

Much appreciated
Davidson
Original post by Davidson7
Hi I'm in year 10 and we are starting a controlled assessment in Geography soon, the question is: 'Does Grasmere present characteristics of a honeypot site'. I already have an idea of how to lay it out, plus I know what a honeypot site is, but I just want some insight into Grasmere. When we go on our field trip, I want to have an idea of what I have to identify and what evidence should I use to prove that it is a honeypot site.

I want to ace this controlled assessment, so there's less pressure for my exams, please could anyone help and tell me about features in Grasmere, I may need to take into consideration.

Much appreciated
Davidson

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Geography forum for you as you should get more responses there.:smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=83
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, I'm going to put this in the Geography forum for you as you should get more responses there.:smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Thanks a lot
First of all is it AQA Geography A?
Check your specification, it should have a general mark scheme for this coursework. You will have to provide some information on Grasmere, including a description as part of the write up and this coursework is going to kill you! Mine was twenty two pages (5,000 words + in many cases). Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. What research techniques are you using?
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
First of all is it AQA Geography A?
Check your specification, it should have a general mark scheme for this coursework. You will have to provide some information on Grasmere, including a description as part of the write up and this coursework is going to kill you! Mine was twenty two pages (5,000 words + in many cases). Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. What research techniques are you using?

Yes, it's AQA Geography A. Yeah I know it's going to be difficult, so I want to be on the ball from day one, perfecting each stage if there's any free time. But you did 20 pages! Do you need to do that many to cover all the areas?!:eek:

I don't have any special techniques, but I did a practice controlled assessment last year and now I have it back, I can look over the mark scheme and layout. From that I'm just changing/improving the areas I lost marks in, obviously make it appropriate to the controlled assessment for this year. The good thing is my practice question last year is similar to this years controlled assessment question, both are to do with honeypot sites. That is my main source for help.

Other than that though, I can't find any resources to use. Eventually my class will go to Grasmere, the lesson before my teacher is going to show us the maps and the directions we will be going in Grasmere. So before I go on the trip, I want to get to know the area better, maybe look on google maps and find the places we will be visiting. This way I can have a better understanding of the areas before I get there, for example which areas are derelict and which areas are congested, and for what reason.

These 2 are my only methods I have planned for so far, I don't know what else I can do to give myself a better chance at nailing the controlled assessment :s-smilie:
How can tourists access Grasmere? What's near to make them want to come? Think about location. Has Grasmere suffered the effects of tourism? If so what are they? Is Grasmere coping with the effects of tourism? What are the coping strategies?

I did Changing Urban Environments coursework but I'm doing Tourism for my Unit 2 exam. The case study we're using for that is the Lake District, if I were you I'd look at similarities and differences between that and Grasmere because you'll find loads of information about tourism in the Lake District. Another popular example is Westminster, is Grasmere a honeypot site to the same extent/scale as other more well-known honeypot sites.
Reply 6
Thanks you've given me a lot to think about:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending