The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I'm firming UCL and insuring queen Mary's. Would have insured Exeter if it wasn't for the A*A*A offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the moment,I am firming Nottingham(if Warwick don't give me an offer) and insuring Manchester
I need Warwick to make their minds up so I can complete my UCAS decision.

Need a bit of advice...

The offer I will firm is A*AA with the A* in anything. All my other offers are A*AA with the A* in Maths except one that is AAA. If I were to get a Warwick offer, say A*AA, could I insure them with a chance of still getting in if I miss it? It's awkward because if I miss my firm I miss everything except the AAA offer. I would rather not go to Uni than go to the AAA Uni.
Original post by EHZ17

Need a bit of advice...

The offer I will firm is A*AA with the A* in anything. All my other offers are A*AA with the A* in Maths except one that is AAA. If I were to get a Warwick offer, say A*AA, could I insure them with a chance of still getting in if I miss it? It's awkward because if I miss my firm I miss everything except the AAA offer. I would rather not go to Uni than go to the AAA Uni.

Omg this is the same as me except my camb offer excludes normal maths and my 3 other A* unis include it and I don't want to go to my aaa uni either so I could miss Cambridge but still get into Warwick if that makes sense
I don't think Warwick would be very lenient with you missing grades so if you missed Cambridge you'd miss that too I think 😔 so I don't really know what you can do with that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17

Need a bit of advice...

What is the AAA uni?
Original post by tazza ma razza
OK waiting on an offer from UCL economics... I applied back in October...

I have an offer from Nottingham Economics (AAA)
Also have offers from Bath and Warwick (both Accounting and Finance - AAA)

Any advice what to firm / Insure?

I am thinking

Firm UCL Insure Warwick - or - Firm Warwick insure Bath (Bath is year in industry)

take a gap year and apply for maths. Economics is crap anyway
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Omg this is the same as me except my camb offer excludes normal maths and my 3 other A* unis include it and I don't want to go to my aaa uni either so I could miss Cambridge but still get into Warwick if that makes sense
I don't think Warwick would be very lenient with you missing grades so if you missed Cambridge you'd miss that too I think ������ so I don't really know what you can do with that

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think UCL or LSE will be lenient either. Guess I have to insure the AAA uni and decide whether or not I want to go.

I have already received approval for a loan payable to camb. Current net worth is somewhere around -8k right now :wink:
Original post by Flather
What is the AAA uni?

Surrey
Original post by Tazza'sNightmare

you're crap
Original post by EHZ17
you're crap

#rekt
Reply 3150
#rekt

"Rekt" looooooooooool
If you can't do maths, do physics. If you can't do physics, do engineering. If you can't to engineering, do chemistry. If you can't do chemistry do geography. If you can't do geography do history. If you can't do history, do media. If you can't do media, do photography. If you can't do photography, do sport science. If you can't do sport science, do economics
If you can't do maths, do physics. If you can't do physics, do engineering. If you can't to engineering, do chemistry. If you can't do chemistry do geography. If you can't do geography do history. If you can't do history, do media. If you can't do media, do photography. If you can't do photography, do sport science. If you can't do sport science, do economics

Thank you for this helpful comment on the economics applicants thread I'm sure now that we've all applied this really means a lot to us :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3153
Original post by EHZ17
I don't think UCL or LSE will be lenient either. Guess I have to insure the AAA uni and decide whether or not I want to go.

I have already received approval for a loan payable to camb. Current net worth is somewhere around -8k right now :wink:

I'm not sure if you remember this, but at the UCL open day they said that they are a bit lenient grades wise as long as you haven't firmed LSE and insured UCL. If you firm Oxbridge and put UCL as an insurance then they said they can be lenient.
Reply 3154
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Thank you for this helpful comment on the economics applicants thread I'm sure now that we've all applied this really means a lot to us :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL :giggle:

Yh right, why do maths when i would have to bust a gut doing step, and do the same course as some certain waste man. Besides, the study of DRC is insane when compared to Major maths topics like FP2.
Original post by tazza ma razza
Yh right, why do maths when i would have to bust a gut doing step, and do the same course as some certain waste man. Besides, the study of DRC is insane when compared to Major maths topics like FP2.

Democratic republic of congo?
Original post by sr-96
I'm not sure if you remember this, but at the UCL open day they said that they are a bit lenient grades wise as long as you haven't firmed LSE and insured UCL. If you firm Oxbridge and put UCL as an insurance then they said they can be lenient.

Why is that they are not lenient if you have firmed LSE? Rivalry?
Reply 3158
Original post by MrBowcat
Why is that they are not lenient if you have firmed LSE? Rivalry?

LSE and UCL got beef
Democratic republic of congo?

Yh, DRC man! seriously, the way it is so interesting to learn about the micro economics of DRC... Economics is still better than maths - you guys need to be more HUMBLE, thinking you can do S3 and C4 and M1 ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending