The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mcrlawstudent
Sure, just copying something I PM'ed to another member for ease:

I honestly wouldn't worry about the case study, it was the easiest case study I did out of CC, Freshfields and A&O. I wouldn't say it required any 'commercial awareness' as such, just a general understanding of how business and commerce works, e.g. the sorts of things a business needs to think about when considering a merger for example. It wasn't anything overly specific, just general considerations. Let's say it was a merger for example, try to go over general issues like: how it would be financed, what due diligence would be needed, tax structuring, are there any disputes pending, what rights do employees have, etc. and try to relate it back to CC's departments.

Hope this helps.

Hi, do you have any advice for Feshfields case study? How was it different from the CC/A&O one? Thank you! :smile:
[QUOTE="kadov;53966483"]
Original post by sports007
Anyone heard from Nabarro post AC

Myself and another candidate at my AC heard back positively on Monday; just over a week since the AC

Okay thanks!! Well done! :smile:
Original post by footchemllab
Covington & Burling offer :smile:

Yay me too! which scheme are you doing?
Original post by French_Cat
Has anyone done this Bird & Bird video interview yet? If so, please share ! :smile:

I think everyone might be waiting for someone to take the bullet and do it first ahahah
Original post by Aspiringlawyer20
It says that:

1) Practice with sample question
2) Answer Bird and Bird's question on video

Do you think it will really be one question?

EDIT: no, it says that we shall read a set of questions and then record your answers. I should really read through e-mails properly.

Do you know if the test starts automatically after the sample question? I am afraid to practice because I am worried it might start my test immediately after :eek:
Original post by kalipso708
Do you know if the test starts automatically after the sample question? I am afraid to practice because I am worried it might start my test immediately after :eek:

I think you can, but I'm not 100% sure so I haven't done it myself!

I have to do it tonight so I'll try and offer some helpful advice without saying what the actual questions were (for obvious reasons).
Hey to those worrying about whether the Twobirds vid starts straight away, it doesn't - at least I had to confirm that I wanted to start the test.

Good luck all. Hope I make it through, if not it'll be because my competition was better!! It's a tough process I'm glad to have got this far.
Original post by 3Birds
Hey to those worrying about whether the Twobirds vid starts straight away, it doesn't - at least I had to confirm that I wanted to start the test.

Good luck all. Hope I make it through, if not it'll be because my competition was better!! It's a tough process I'm glad to have got this far.

Cheers for that. Last few hours of preparation for it now!
Reply 3908
Original post by KatieRosePicknel
Yeah I received that also, just want to hear back already!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know a tonne of people who have been rejected now - so it seems like theyr interested at least :smile:
Original post by Aspiringlawyer20
I think you can, but I'm not 100% sure so I haven't done it myself!

I have to do it tonight so I'll try and offer some helpful advice without saying what the actual questions were (for obvious reasons).

Tonight?? I thought the deadline was tomorrow? do you have a different deadline?

Best of luck!
Reply 3910
Original post by busybody1
Yay me too! which scheme are you doing?

Me three! I'm on the first scheme.
Original post by twizzzzzzter
Still nothing from Squire's and TLT despite their assurances of a response this week

I received an email from Squires on Tuesday inviting me to an AC at their London office, so hopefully they'll be in touch soon, good luck
Reply 3912
Has anyone heard back from K&L Gates?
Original post by 3Birds

Oh great, thanks for confirming this!
Can I just ask how many Qs you had to answer and how much time there is in between (for preparing the answer?) Also, does the video stay on while you think of what to say?

Sorry, I haven't done any vid interviews and I'm freaking out about the practicalities :frown:

Thanks a lot and best of luck!!!:smile:
Reply 3914
Original post by baz0
I received an email from Squires on Tuesday inviting me to an AC at their London office, so hopefully they'll be in touch soon, good luck

Hi, when did you apply? Thanks :smile:
Reply 3915
Anyone got any tips for Holman Fenwick Willan AC?

Cheers.
Original post by LawTC
Hi, when did you apply? Thanks :smile:

I submitted it around a week before the deadline - but they didn't start looking at any apps until after the 31st Jan
Original post by J-SP
Yes - they will do to those they want to offer. They might put you on hold as well.

If you get an offer but want to hold out for your summer schemes, the best thing to do is be honest and ask for extra time on your offer so you can try out the other firm and be sure in regards to any decision.

Any firm who doesn't offer you this extension and forces you to make a decision is probably not the type of firm you want to work for anyway!

The alternative is to ask for your training contract interview to be later on in the year, so you know any potential offers will be made at around the same time.

Or you could ask the firm you have a summer vac scheme with to bring your TC interview forward, but then you would have to make a decision on whether to accept before you vac scheme.

Yes, you could withdraw your acceptance at a later stage but if everyone did this the system would be screwed, and all the ways students are currently protected by the code of best practice would suddenly be ignored by the recruiters as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh great, thanks for confirming this!
Can I just ask how many Qs you had to answer and how much time there is in between (for preparing the answer?) Also, does the video stay on while you think of what to say?

Sorry, I haven't done any vid interviews and I'm freaking out about the practicalities :frown:

Thanks a lot and best of luck!!!:smile:

Hey, no probs - was my first too. 4 qs, 60 seconds to think, you choose when you're ready to start the next question. Really well thought out system.
Tonight?? I thought the deadline was tomorrow? do you have a different deadline?

Best of luck!

I'm doing it tonight as I am unable to do it tomorrow.

I'm quite worried about my dog barking during one of the questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending