The Student Room Group

AS History - Tudors

Anyone else doing this course? I've got a mock tomorrow and I'm dreading it, there's so many dates!
Anyone got any advice on revising it, or picking out key facts?
Original post by discombobulatedM
Anyone else doing this course? I've got a mock tomorrow and I'm dreading it, there's so many dates!
Anyone got any advice on revising it, or picking out key facts?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.:h:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.:h:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141

OK, thank you!:smile:
Reply 3
OMG im doing the exact same topic and seriously there is so much to remember, if its okai with you id like to know what sort of grades your getting cuz im getting around cs and bs
Is this OCR exam board?
I know this is a bit late but I'm doing the AQA unit that goes from Richard III to Henry VIII, You don't need every date, figure out which ones you would actually use in exam answers. For instance my class did a timeline from Edwards Death to just after Richard is crowned, there were about 11 dates, I put 3 or 4 on a free flashcards app on my Phone and revise them in some frees.
Original post by ani666
OMG im doing the exact same topic and seriously there is so much to remember, if its okai with you id like to know what sort of grades your getting cuz im getting around cs and bs

If it's OCR im getting around the same. A C in my mock but usually around a B. The C was cos I ran out of time and couldn't make a full conclusion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ani666

Hi, I'm currently getting Cs and Bs too, just did the mock last week and I am yet to get the results but I think it'll be about that. It's so difficult to get an A! I got an A (just) in one of my essays I wrote for homework but that's different from being in the exam:s-smilie:
Original post by dauntlesstraitor
Is this OCR exam board?

Hi, yes it is, are you doing it?
Original post by michael90cr
I know this is a bit late but I'm doing the AQA unit that goes from Richard III to Henry VIII, You don't need every date, figure out which ones you would actually use in exam answers. For instance my class did a timeline from Edwards Death to just after Richard is crowned, there were about 11 dates, I put 3 or 4 on a free flashcards app on my Phone and revise them in some frees.

Thanks for the reply! I find it difficult to pick out key dates, I dread leaving the dates that come up in the exam out:frown: but I'll definitely try to focus on ones I think I'll most likely use. With the flashcards do you write the date on one side and then the events that happened on the other?
Original post by frances98
If it's OCR im getting around the same. A C in my mock but usually around a B. The C was cos I ran out of time and couldn't make a full conclusion

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much do you usually write for your answer?
Original post by discombobulatedM
Hi, yes it is, are you doing it?

Yeah! I love it but I find the 40 marker quite hard to structure. It sounds quite simple but how do you group the sources? My teacher always says we should but I'm not sure how to do it!
I do I mixture, on some I put the event on the front and on others I put the date. The Dates the generally the thing hardest to memerise so it's best to put them on the back. Make sure you understand the events as well as know the information, ask yourself what links to what your memorising it (what caused this, does it work with something to have a bigger effect, are other factors/interpretations more/less important), the better you understand it the events the quicker and more naturally you'll be able to write an essay.
Plan a few questions, just to get a feel for what you need to include. Read the examiners reports and past paper mark schemes on any past papers you've done
I did this course last year and used Memrise to learn the dates and made diagrams to learn individual topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dauntlesstraitor
Yeah! I love it but I find the 40 marker quite hard to structure. It sounds quite simple but how do you group the sources? My teacher always says we should but I'm not sure how to do it!

Thats what i really struggle on. I ran out of time in my mock. For my first question I fully finished I think it was about 2 and a half pages. My problem is keeping to time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending