The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes,Palestine is suffering.You will only be considered s terrorist if you go to join a armed group.

To be fair though,whether aid worker or foreign fighter,Israel views all those people who try to help the Palestinians as terrorists.Just look at the Gaza flotilla raid.

Jazakallah For yur reply. Yes that's right, that's why I am concerned any how. if the Israelis view me as a terrorist will the British government do the same . I will go as part of a charity organisation registered with the government inshaAllah
Original post by kyoti
Wa'alaykum assalaam i hope all is well.

yes
yes
no

May Allah reward you and all those who are helping the innocent people in Palestine. Ameen.

Jazakallahu khayr for the DUA and your answers . InshaAllah
Original post by zubz91
Salam o alykum guys,

Hope every is doing well inshaAllah. A few questions.
Do we all agree on the point that Palestinians are being treated unjustly in Gaza?
If so, is it not our duty to help the injured, the weak, the old?
if I want to go to Palestine to help people, will I be considered a terrorist?

JAZAKALLAHU Khayr

Wasalam.
Yes they are being treated unjustly and it is our duty to help them.
I wouldn't recommend going. You will probably be portrayed as a terrorist.
You can still help through donations etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zubz91
Jazakallah For yur reply. Yes that's right, that's why I am concerned any how. if the Israelis view me as a terrorist will the British government do the same . I will go as part of a charity organisation registered with the government inshaAllah

Posted from TSR Mobile

An American peace activist was killed by a Israeli bulldozer.She got no justice.I advice you don't go.I'm very cynical and doubtful about Palestinians fate.I think they seem bound to suffer forever.And shame on the Arabs for doing nothing.
Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam.
Yes they are being treated unjustly and it is our duty to help them.
I wouldn't recommend going. You will probably be portrayed as a terrorist.
You can still help through donations etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But if every one just started donating and no one going. Then, will it not be cold hearted of us? Donations can not get children out of rubble?
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ مَنْ قَاتَلَ تَحْتَ رَايَةٍ عُمِّيَّةٍ يَدْعُو إِلَى عَصَبِيَّةٍ أَوْ يَغْضَبُ لِعَصَبِيَّةٍ فَقُتِلَ فَقِتْلَةٌ جَاهِلِيَّةٌ

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Whoever fights for a cause that is not clear, advocating nationalism, getting angry for the sake of nationalism, and he is killed, then he has died a death of Jahiliyyah.

Sunan an-Nasa'i 4114

[video="youtube;xyVjB3WOVFQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyVjB3WOVFQ[/video]

SubhanAllah very true indeed - Jazak Allahu Khayran for sharing
Original post by zubz91
But if every one just started donating and no one going. Then, will it not be cold hearted of us? Donations can not get children out of rubble?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Palestinians can do that.The problem is they don't have alot money,food,medical equipment, school resources etc due to Israeli restrictions .Volunteers aren't necessarily the solution although they help.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by zubz91

Your own safety comes first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

An American peace activist was killed by a Israeli bulldozer.She got no justice.I advice you don't go.I'm very cynical and doubtful about Palestinians fate.I think they seem bound to suffer forever.And shame on the Arabs for doing nothing.

Hm yes you are correct. may she rest in peace. This world is an illusion as long as my actions do not taint the name of Islam.

Then I should try to do what is morally correct and in accordance with all international laws etc.?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Palestinians can do that.The problem is they don't have alot money,food,medical equipment, school resources etc due to Israeli restrictions .Volunteers aren't necessarily the solution although they help.

Original post by HAnwar
Your own safety comes first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jazakallahu khayr may allah reward you
Original post by zubz91
Jazakallahu khayr may allah reward you

Wa iyyak :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zubz91
Hm yes you are correct. may she rest in peace. This world is an illusion as long as my actions do not taint the name of Islam.

Then I should try to do what is morally correct and in accordance with all international laws etc.?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't really matter.Israel always be breaking International laws, with their illegal settlements or one sided wars in Gaza.

Of you should be morally correct.However,I will give you some advice.The idea that all Muslims are brothers and sisters is a illusion.

You look on TV,at Palestinian suffering, and themselves Arab states do nothing and Gulf monarchs spend their money on useless things and you just see Orwell vision coming true.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't really matter.Israel always be breaking International laws, with their illegal settlements or one sided wars in Gaza.

Of you should be morally correct.However,I will give you some advice.The idea that all Muslims are brothers and sisters is a illusion.

You look on TV,at Palestinian suffering, and themselves Arab states do nothing and Gulf monarchs spend their money on useless things and you just see Orwell vision coming true.

The Arab states could be doing more for the Palestinians, but it seems the governments only do anything when it suits them.
I remember seeing the Gaza war on TV and one women cried "Where is the Arab world, shame on them ". I wonder whether the Arab league forgot the Islamic principle of helping their brothers and sisters suffering in Palestine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zubz91

Wa iyyakum. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
The Arab states could be doing more for the Palestinians, but it seems the governments only do anything when it suits them.
I remember seeing the Gaza war on TV and one women cried "Where is the Arab world, shame on them ". I wonder whether the Arab league forgot the Islamic principle of helping their brothers and sisters suffering in Palestine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oil money is more important to them while other Muslims are being killed right close to them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Must watch :smile:

[video="youtube;PdAQhnvfv1w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdAQhnvfv1w[/video]
Original post by kyoti
oil money is more important to them while other Muslims are being killed right close to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Useless Saudi government giving away 20 billion pounds, money that could go to more noble causes
New King of Saudi Arabia hands out incredible £20.7bn to his people http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2967711/That-ll-make-popular-New-King-Saudi-Arabia-hands-incredible-20-7-billion-people-celebrates-taking-throne-oil-rich-country.html @MailOnline
Original post by zubz91

The current situation in Palestine isn't like Iraq or Syria. There isn't constant warfare there so they don't have problems like that at this moment in time. If you want to help, do so through donations (make sure you donate to the right organisations though - I recommend UWT as they have a 100% donations policy). If you feel like you want to go over there and make some sort of difference, then take advantage of our education system and become qualified in something. That way you can do something like teaching. The truth is though, if Muslims want to assist Palestine, the best thing we can do is strengthen ourselves in the UK and the rest of the Western world so that we actually have an affect on foreign policy, because right now we have none whatsoever. And that's what many people in Palestine are urging us to.
Original post by Mary562
Asalaamu Alaykum

Hope you're all well :smile:

Walaikum assalam,

I'm well thank you. :h: Hope you are too.
Original post by Ankabout
Walaikum assalam,

I'm well thank you. :h: Hope you are too.

Yes alhamdulillah :smile:
Assalamu alaikum everyone. I hope all is well.

I want to begin reading tafsir of the Quran. Does anyone know any good books that I could order on the internet. The tafsir book does not have t be overly complicated, just well written for english speaking people:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending