The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jay84
How about downloading a film or series or something?

It can suck being in on Friday/Saturday nights. I don't have much money or friends since ive moved so im in pretty much every night at the moment. That said, even if I did I'd probably still be in. So tired at the moment.

Yeah I'm currently catching up on a radio show I missed and got TV to catch up with and I'm going to get my DS out when I've eaten but I'm in a mood where nothing excites me atm.
Original post by CescaD96
Empty, like a shell. I don't want to talk or move or even think but my mind is going crazy right now.

Sorry to hear that :hugs: hope you feel better soon
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not true :nah:

Nah, I just word vomit on here (within reason, as in, non-triggering word vomit) and hit send :colondollar:

I dunno, I've just been ranting a lot about how awful my time at Oxford was so far and that part of my mental health journey. Haven't really dealt with the here and now yet :colondollar: But my therapist also thought it might help me, so Idk... :dontknow:

I don't blame you for wanting off the meds, but do keep taking them for now. Hopefully they will work some magic soon and you'll be able to get through this important bit of your course :smile: Really proud of you for keeping going :hugs:

Well whatever comes to you is important I would say! Hopefully it does help. Have you finished therapy now? Yeah I will try and stay on them. Thank you. This is third time lucky for me at uni so I'm desperate to make it work!
You did amazingly, so no need to feel bad :nah:

Yes, that's the one! I'm not sure how it's meant to work either but it's meant to have quite good success rates, so I've heard.

Not doing too good. Infant and Psychotic TLGs keep screaming and it's hard not to scream aloud :emo:

Thank you. :hugs:

I'm still toying with the idea of doing EMDR with my therapist/counsellor, I'm just very nervous about talking explicitly about trauma related stuff because I can't keep myself safe? Like I live in halls and I'm not always able to keep myself safe, so I don't want to freak out and dissociate, etc.

Sorry to hear the infant and psychotic TLGs are having a bad day, did anything set this off?? Can I help? You're welcome to PM me if you need to talk. :console:

Original post by bullettheory

I can't remember if I've talked to you about EMDR before, but I've been doing it for about a year and it really does work. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I think it's because normally, our minds deal with trauma during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. However, sometimes that doesn't always work, so EMDR makes you recall the trauma whilst your eyes are moving like they would during REM sleep. Over time, this process makes it much easier for your mind to handle the experience. I did mine for a phobia and it's worked very well. My phobia was emetophobia (phobia of others and myself being sick). Before even talking about sick would make me start to dissociate, and witnessing it would really mess with me, but now I can watch it, listen to it and I can be near people who are being sick, and most importantly, look after ill people without worrying I will be sick!

Oh that actually makes a lot of sense, and I'm so glad it has worked for you. :smile: That's such a massive improvement! Especially as it is in such a short space of time. I'm just...really scared of re-experiencing traumatic stuff, because I'm never able to control it and I don't have a "safe" place to go to if something happens and I can't cope with it. I've really tried and nothing seems to feel safe for me. :frown: I just don't know how to cope with the flashbacks etc anymore, so I am willing to try (if they offer it to me). Well, I could potentially ask my counsellor, but I'm just scared to. Like I said to TLG, I live alone on campus - keeping myself safe can often be an issue when I'm triggered/not coping.
so it all went so well yesterday, going to love it at my uni of choice! but sadly its looking less and less likely i'll be living with a friend, so halls it will have to be.... :s-smilie:
not feeling good at all :frown: people in my head driving me nuts :frown:
Original post by bullettheory
Well whatever comes to you is important I would say! Hopefully it does help. Have you finished therapy now? Yeah I will try and stay on them. Thank you. This is third time lucky for me at uni so I'm desperate to make it work!

Therapy finishes this coming Tuesday :cry2: I think that's why the different TLGs are agitated and why the voices are back :frown: I get two follow-up sessions after Tuesday, so not even sure why I'm overreacting like this :erm:

Original post by Pathway
Thank you. :hugs:

I'm still toying with the idea of doing EMDR with my therapist/counsellor, I'm just very nervous about talking explicitly about trauma related stuff because I can't keep myself safe? Like I live in halls and I'm not always able to keep myself safe, so I don't want to freak out and dissociate, etc.

Sorry to hear the infant and psychotic TLGs are having a bad day, did anything set this off?? Can I help? You're welcome to PM me if you need to talk. :console:

Yeah can be difficult to keep oneself safe :frown: See above for the trigger for Infant and Psychotic TLGs :sadnod: Thanks hun, might take you up on that tomorrow if things are still bad. Trying to keep it together coz we're celebrating my dad's bday today :s-smilie:
I need your help you lovely lot :h:

A friend of mine has a crush on a girl, but doesn't know how to find out if she has a boyfriend or not. Now I know what some responses might be 'check her Facebook', however I know many people saying they're single on Facebook when they actually aren't :tongue: Also just saying 'do you have a boyfriend?' Might be too forward he says.

Now I'm stumped because usually whether I have crush or not, I'll somehow figure it out through her saying she has/hasn't got a spouse or friends etc. Sooooo what advice should I give him? :lol: #poorwingmanDukey
4 years since I last s/hed.

To anyone who still does; it can be a controlling, destructive force in your life but it is possible to get out of the cycle. If you told me 4 years ago where I'd be today I wouldn't have believed you, but things do get better. :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth

To anyone who still does; it can be a controlling, destructive force in your life but it is possible to get out of the cycle. If you told me 4 years ago where I'd be today I wouldn't have believed you, but things do get better. :smile:

PRSOM. Well done.
Original post by IDukem
I need your help you lovely lot :h:

A friend of mine has a crush on a girl, but doesn't know how to find out if she has a boyfriend or not. Now I know what some responses might be 'check her Facebook', however I know many people saying they're single on Facebook when they actually aren't :tongue: Also just saying 'do you have a boyfriend?' Might be too forward he says.

Now I'm stumped because usually whether I have crush or not, I'll somehow figure it out through her saying she has/hasn't got a spouse or friends etc. Sooooo what advice should I give him? :lol: #poorwingmanDukey

I am such a noob when it comes to stuff like this, so I'll leave it to others to advise :colondollar:

Proud of you :lovehug:
Performing on stage in front of hundreds of people tomorrow. There's trying to face your fears, and then there's this....!

Thats amazing! You should be really proud of yourself :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Therapy finishes this coming Tuesday :cry2: I think that's why the different TLGs are agitated and why the voices are back :frown: I get two follow-up sessions after Tuesday, so not even sure why I'm overreacting like this :erm:

Yeah can be difficult to keep oneself safe :frown: See above for the trigger for Infant and Psychotic TLGs :sadnod: Thanks hun, might take you up on that tomorrow if things are still bad. Trying to keep it together coz we're celebrating my dad's bday today :s-smilie:

That sounds awful, I'm so sorry. :hugs: Hopefully things will settle down when you go to your therapy session on Tuesday? Try and be honest about how you're struggling too as well. I hope you're able to get through tonight. I'll definitely be around if you need me. :console: You can get through this!
Is it bad im tempted to "forget" about my interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
That sounds awful, I'm so sorry. :hugs: Hopefully things will settle down when you go to your therapy session on Tuesday? Try and be honest about how you're struggling too as well. I hope you're able to get through tonight. I'll definitely be around if you need me. :console: You can get through this!

Thank you :redface: I think things will get worse rather than better before therapy, but oh well :frown:
Hi I was on here last night and I suffer from mental illness - how is everyone? :tongue:

That's absolutely awesome, you should be so proud.
Thank you :redface: I think things will get worse rather than better before therapy, but oh well :frown:

You're not on your own, you've got us here. :hugs: Completely understandable why you're struggling so much right now, but it will be ok soon. :console:

Well done! That's so awesome, hoping I can do that one day too. :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
You're not on your own, you've got us here. :hugs: Completely understandable why you're struggling so much right now, but it will be ok soon. :console:

Thank you :hugs:

Latest