The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Starting UoW 2015. Marylebone campus? Student court/Raffles house @ wembley?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by peterkasicki
Westminster your first choice then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Westminster's my first choice and middlesex is my insurance. What about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by Fjspice95
Yeah Westminster's my first choice and middlesex is my insurance. What about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's my only choice because I applied last year, accepted the place and then defered. so pretty much defo going there

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's my only choice because I applied last year, accepted the place and then defered. so pretty much defo going there

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good , at least u don't have to worry about getting in the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's good , at least u don't have to worry about getting in the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right! easy for me this year. do not envy you aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know right! easy for me this year. do not envy you aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha Lolz. The only thing that is worrying me is that I have to pass my maths gcse 😣😣 and that's part of the offer sooo yeah ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha Lolz. The only thing that is worrying me is that I have to pass my maths gcse 😣😣 and that's part of the offer sooo yeah ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's Sour :frown: I hate maths with a passion, I'm sure you'll do fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
that's Sour :frown: I hate maths with a passion, I'm sure you'll do fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks😌I hope so. I hate maths soo much but it has to be done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suresure
Yeah i'll try!
Either Queen Mary's or City, I still need to decide..

whens the deadline for making the decision?
my student financed is messed up as well. gonna have to ring in tomorrow. more problems -.-
Reply 28
Heyy 😊 I'll be attending westminster this fall, and will be at the marylebone campus for international marketing. Im definitely applying to student court(raffles house). Anyone take a tour of them? I can only go off of what I see in pictures, since I'm from the U.S. 😊
Original post by ceejer25
Heyy 😊 I'll be attending westminster this fall, and will be at the marylebone campus for international marketing. Im definitely applying to student court(raffles house). Anyone take a tour of them? I can only go off of what I see in pictures, since I'm from the U.S. 😊

so many Americans starting at Westminster. so so cool! I haven't been but I think I'm gonna have a quick visit next time I'm in London. the pictures are really nice but I've seen one picture taken by a student and although nice, it looked pretty small. the professional photos use a wide lense to make the rooms look bigger. have you got an unconditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
so many Americans starting at Westminster. so so cool! I haven't been but I think I'm gonna have a quick visit next time I'm in London. the pictures are really nice but I've seen one picture taken by a student and although nice, it looked pretty small. the professional photos use a wide lense to make the rooms look bigger. have you got an unconditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I did, I applied really early ☺️ I'm so excitied! ☺️
Original post by suresure
I've been on a tour of the accommodation, I really liked it because it's very new, and the ensuites seem like a decent size. The room is fairly small, but still has space for a 3/4 size bed, desk and wardrobe. They also use light colours and have big windows so you don't feel squashed in! I guess you have to sacrifice space to be in London!

Yeah. big bonus that they have 3/4 beds. can't stand single ones :frown: I always roll of them. the rooms do look nice on photos though - a lot nice than other uni halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I did, I applied really early ☺️ I'm so excitied! ☺️

awesome! same here. need to apply for the accommodation though. housing portal opens 1st April I think.
Don't know what the move in date is though. I wonder if we can choose who to share with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
awesome! same here. need to apply for the accommodation though. housing portal opens 1st April I think.
Don't know what the move in date is though. I wonder if we can choose who to share with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahh same here! Yeah I don't know if we can, but I don't know anyone there anyway. haha I definitely want to room with a mix of guys and girls. ☺️
Yeahh same here! Yeah I don't know if we can, but I don't know anyone there anyway. haha I definitely want to room with a mix of guys and girls. ☺️

I know they ask you personality questions such as what time you wake up/ go to sleep, whether you go out often or not and I think they ask you about sharing preferences but not 100% sure. I would say I probably get along more with girls tbh - don't ask why, I don't know aha. but a mix would be good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
I know they ask you personality questions such as what time you wake up/ go to sleep, whether you go out often or not and I think they ask you about sharing preferences but not 100% sure. I would say I probably get along more with girls tbh - don't ask why, I don't know aha. but a mix would be good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahh I think I read that somewhere, I'm a total night person, and love to go out. Haha also I tend to get along with guys a bit better then girls. Haha it's definitely going to an experience. ☺️ But I'm also going to be a year or more older then most Cuz I did a year of university in the states, and decided to start fresh in England. Your education system is a lot different from ours.
Yeahh I think I read that somewhere, I'm a total night person, and love to go out. Haha also I tend to get along with guys a bit better then girls. Haha it's definitely going to an experience. ☺️ But I'm also going to be a year or more older then most Cuz I did a year of university in the states, and decided to start fresh in England. Your education system is a lot different from ours.

I'm the same - I'm on my gap year now so I'll be starting a year older but I don't think it will make that much of a difference. I don't actually like going out that much.... I don't mind bars and restaurants but I can't stand clubs :frown:
how is it different ? you will probably prefer it here - UK IS THE BEST :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I'm the same - I'm on my gap year now so I'll be starting a year older but I don't think it will make that much of a difference. I don't actually like going out that much.... I don't mind bars and restaurants but I can't stand clubs :frown:
how is it different ? you will probably prefer it here - UK IS THE BEST :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I do! I've been to England before for an international business course. I was only there for 2 weeks but it I love it. Since I'm still not of age here to go out, I'll probably be out all the time in the beginning haha But i find it's really the people you are with that make it fun! 😊 our education system here is we have elemetary school- K-6, middle school-7-8, high school 9-12 then we go off to uni if that's ur choice. ☺️
Haha I do! I've been to England before for an international business course. I was only there for 2 weeks but it I love it. Since I'm still not of age here to go out, I'll probably be out all the time in the beginning haha But i find it's really the people you are with that make it fun! 😊 our education system here is we have elemetary school- K-6, middle school-7-8, high school 9-12 then we go off to uni if that's ur choice. ☺️

that's kinda similar - slightly different but not too different. oh yh in America you have to be 21 to drink I think? am I right? ahaha I'm not much of a dancer so I just feel out of place in clubs but if you're with te right people then I guess it could be enjoyable. I can drink loads though :wink: ahaha. think I'm gonna do a cocktail course over summer hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
that's kinda similar - slightly different but not too different. oh yh in America you have to be 21 to drink I think? am I right? ahaha I'm not much of a dancer so I just feel out of place in clubs but if you're with te right people then I guess it could be enjoyable. I can drink loads though :wink: ahaha. think I'm gonna do a cocktail course over summer hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I love to dance! Haha Yess its 21 it seriously sucks so much! Well I hope we get to be flatmates haha you can make me cocktails 😉

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending