The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
PRSOM. Well done.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I am such a noob when it comes to stuff like this, so I'll leave it to others to advise :colondollar:

Proud of you :lovehug:

Original post by PandaWho
Thats amazing! You should be really proud of yourself :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Anonymous #2
That's absolutely awesome, you should be so proud.

Thanks a lot, guys! :five: I am actually really quite proud of myself. :colondollar: I never thought I'd be free of it and sometimes it certainly hasn't been easy but I hope this gives some hope to posters here still struggling (sorry if that sounds preachy).
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I am such a noob when it comes to stuff like this, so I'll leave it to others to advise :colondollar:

Proud of you :lovehug:

I don't think any less of you :h: I just want to help him out as he has to me over the years...but alas I'm struggling :redface:
Original post by Sabertooth
Thanks a lot, guys! :five: I am actually really quite proud of myself. :colondollar: I never thought I'd be free of it and sometimes it certainly hasn't been easy but I hope this gives some hope to posters here still struggling (sorry if that sounds preachy).

Doesn't sound preachy at all! Honestly, I still find it difficult to imagine a life without it really so it definitely gives me hope :yep:
got to the gym yay! Well done Sabertooth :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
4 years since I last s/hed.

To anyone who still does; it can be a controlling, destructive force in your life but it is possible to get out of the cycle. If you told me 4 years ago where I'd be today I wouldn't have believed you, but things do get better. :smile:

Inspiring :smile:
Hello, thought I'll pop over and introduce myself.
I'm Chiara and I currently live in Spain. I get depressed, anxious and/or panicky - my depression isn't a long ongoing thing but comes and goes, which is irritating as it's easy to think it's totally gone.
Had a really sucky week and today was the worst, ended up staying in bed for most of it. Tidied my room and showered and ate food and watched funny things though :smile: Supposed to be working tomorrow morning and then have a Spanish lesson in the evening, but I'm a private tutor and so it's not the end of the world to cancel a lesson, although I lose money and it obviously doesn't look great.

Really looking forward to meeting you guys :smile:
I posted my hypochondria in Health and

Spoiler

well ****
Original post by such_a_lady
I'm Chiara and I currently live in Spain. I get depressed, anxious and/or panicky - my depression isn't a long ongoing thing but comes and goes, which is irritating as it's easy to think it's totally gone.
Had a really sucky week and today was the worst, ended up staying in bed for most of it. Tidied my room and showered and ate food and watched funny things though :smile: Supposed to be working tomorrow morning and then have a Spanish lesson in the evening, but I'm a private tutor and so it's not the end of the world to cancel a lesson, although I lose money and it obviously doesn't look great.

:hi: welcome. sorry today was hard for you.
Can't ****ing do this. **** this ****.
Original post by ScaryScience
thanks. hope youre okay

im okay I guess just usual sleep issues and my mind being a bit blurgh, hope you are feeling okay too! :hugs:
My mum is coming to visit at uni tomorrow, i know it sounds horrible but I'm dreading it. I find talking to her too intense and she makes me bring up the depression a lot. I onow talking ca help, but the idea is just a nightmare and I want to avoid it.
Juhi if you ever see this, I miss you a lot and hope you're happy x
Original post by Anonymous
My mum is coming to visit at uni tomorrow, i know it sounds horrible but I'm dreading it. I find talking to her too intense and she makes me bring up the depression a lot. I onow talking ca help, but the idea is just a nightmare and I want to avoid it.

Could you perhaps have a frank conversation with her where you tell her how you feel? My mother used to bring up my mental health every time I saw her and, although I know she had good intentions, in the end I had to tell her that talking about it so much made me uncomfortable but that I would keep her informed of any developments. She took this well and respected my wishes. Your mother is probably worried about you and doesn't realize that it's not something you find easy to talk about (I assume that's what you mean by "intense", sorry if I interpreted that wrong) but I imagine that most parents would respect their child's wishes if it's explained to them in a reasonable way.

I hope the visit goes well for you and that you're able to come to some agreement with her. :smile:
Reply 2133
How long has it been since I posted here:sigh: must be like 2 treads ago.
Original post by bullettheory
Sorry to hear that :hugs: hope you feel better soon

Yeah, as TLG can tell you, I came close to doing a stupid thing last night. Like really close.
I have to phone up to make my referral appointment tomorrow and I'm absolutely ****ting myself even thinking about it.
Original post by such_a_lady

:hi: :lovehug: :kissing2:
Original post by bullettheory

Sorry to hear you've been sectioned :hugs: and sorry your ward isn't very safe. Like TLG said, could you possibly speak to the nurses or your named nurse and see if they can make it safer for you? Have they given you any idea when they are going to give you section 17 leave so you can go out for a bit or that? Hang on in there, it will get better :hugs:
!

I will ask the doctor on Monday if he's available, I think it has to be signed off by him.
Original post by Cinnie
I will ask the doctor on Monday if he's available, I think it has to be signed off by him.

:jumphug: :lovehug: :loveduck:

Posted from TSR Mobile
feeling **** as per. also self harm awareness day and I cant think about anything else. bleeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Latest